Reviews for Emery & Me
leavesfallingup chapter 9 . 11/7/2012
This guy is hilarious: I think that you're as pretty as my teeth! That has to be the corniest line in human history.
leavesfallingup chapter 8 . 11/7/2012
Running off to do drugs, however, means that he isn't as much like her as one might suppose. Too bad. You might disagree with me, but he has now slipped into the loser category.
leavesfallingup chapter 7 . 11/7/2012
This does not promise good things. Question: If Bronnie is a senior and Amber is older, then why is she still in school?
leavesfallingup chapter 6 . 11/7/2012
Why do I have the sinking feeling that "Jackie" is "Emery"?
leavesfallingup chapter 5 . 11/7/2012
I suspect, at least in real life, that Emery and Amber wouldn't last long. Earlier I wrote that opposites attract... but sometimes they act like matter and anti-matter.
leavesfallingup chapter 4 . 11/7/2012
It would be sad if this jealousy and anxiety caused a permanent rift between the two sisters.
leavesfallingup chapter 3 . 11/7/2012
Yep, I was right. Her boyfriend is too much like her sister... and Amber is worried. Then again, opposites attract.
leavesfallingup chapter 2 . 11/7/2012
Okay, I didn't review in the first chapter because I wasn't sure what to think yet. At first I thought that Amber was cheating on her boyfriend and she was trying to hide the fact from Bronwyn (interesting name, by the way). Now I suspect that Amber is trying to keep her sister away because she is afraid that her boyfriend is interested in her (Bronwyn). This is just a guess, of course, but Amber's reactions seem to imply that she doesn't want her sister anywhere near the boy... and the boyfriend seems to share Bronwyn's interest in music.

Am I right?
gunner-girl chapter 18 . 11/2/2012
:( that was a great ending...but I want morrrreeeeeeee. I loved it! I love, love, love, love, love Emery and everything...everything! Soooooooooo, you get me, write more!
justjuice chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
Great chapter. cant wait to read more:D
balloonfista chapter 18 . 10/20/2012
Loved this story. This isn't my usual style of story, but that isn't a bad thing because you drew me into your writing even though your style is so wonderfully different from what I used to. Loved the unusual premise of the story and the different take on the whole sister's boyfriend thing is usually dealt with in a rather immature and dramatic way.

And Bronwyn - wow, her crazy antics made me smile and laugh so much! Thank you :))

Ri
Sheryl chapter 18 . 10/6/2012
This was a really good story...right about till chapter 15.

I have an older sister as well and I can totally understand how Bronwyn feels. She's prettier, smarter more awesome and all. And the relationship between her and Amber is something I can totally relate to. So I love the fact that this story had a very realistic feel to it.

What I didn't like was how Bronwyn didn't confront her earlier. It annoyed me to no end that she keeps thinking she's gonna somehow fix it WHILE NOT DOING ANYTHING. And whenever they did have their confrontations, she never said the things that should have been said to Amber! Like how she was being a bitch for not trusting Bronwyn enough that Bronwyn would not steal Emery. Or how she had no right to start screaming at her when she did nothing wrong. In fact, she had no right to do anything.
I get that Bronwyn is just a bit more spineless when it comes to Amber but its not fair that she got treated that way. There were so many things left unsaid I was close to tearing my hair out. And Amber just keeps coming up with vague ish insinuations and making Bronwyn feel like crap and Bronwyn just takes it. She didn't get to bitch out at Amber like she so rightiously deserves! As much as I like Bronwyn, I can't help but hate her as well. I know she's not a doormat, letting people -her sister- walk over her but...gah she IS a doormat.

Another thing is I got really annoyed at the fact that Emery couldn't understand that getting in between sisters is practically a sin. I mean, he was being downright a jackass for expecting Bronwyn to betray her sister for him. It was really selfish of him.

Other than that, the story was pretty good. Matt was such a fun character and so was Andrea. And I especially loved Opal.

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh or anything. It's just...reading a story that I can really relate to (the sisterly bond, not the guy getting between us lol) and being the younger sister like Bronwyn, I could feel all the pain and sadness that Bronwyn feels and it sucks when you have your older sister bitch at you for no reason. So I just felt that how everything was handled was a bit wrong.

Nevertheless you're a good author so rock on. -inserts smiley cause fictionpress won't allow certain symbols-
WhenAllSeemsDark chapter 18 . 9/4/2012
I read this story a few years ago and I just re-read it a few days ago. I forgot if I had reviewed or not, but just in case I didn't yet, let me tell you that this story is seriously amazing. I love how you managed to make the readers understand all of Browyn's feelings. Many parts of this story seriously made me tear up, haha.

Anyways, great job with this! It's fantastic! (:

-WhenAllSeemsDark
raina-night chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
by far one of the best stories i've read so far!please keep writing stories x
The Quotidian Life chapter 18 . 8/25/2012
Nice story. Some sections were a tad slow, but nevertheless, I still enjoyed it!

I'm guessing you're from Sydney, considering you're mentioning the HSC. Lol, I'm actually sitting it in a few months...

Cheers,