Reviews for Sacrifice
Dark Angel Hiroshima chapter 52 . 11/11/2008
This is an awesome chapter! It's nice to see Azmy and Hiroshima kicking some major butt! I didn't like that Nagreboshi guy anyway. He had it coming to him.

On the Hiroshima topic...What can I say that HFGLF hasn't?

I think Fife deserves SOME morality liscence since he's the friggin' PRINCE of the land that they are in. Just because someone kills someone doesn't mean that they are bad. It all depends on the circumstances. I think Fife and Hiroshima have been through enough to be honest.

There were hints that Ko had more power then she showed off, like in The City of Plants when he told her that she was rusty. I think that was a hint that she wasn't fighting with her true potential. Hiroshima shows everyone tough love. I think he's a lot closer to them then what most people realize. He is harsh on them because he wants them to not make the mistakes that he has made. In his own screwed up way, he's trying to teach them a sense of justice. Just because it's not up to someone elses' standards doesn't mean that it's not their own sense of justice. Who knows, he might just be misjudged and quite frankly, I think that he is.

If they have more power then what they are using and run away rather then fight, then he had all right to call them cowards. Let's not forget that Hiroshima IS a warrior and he's been through this before.

Hiroshima isn't a god-moding anything. He's trying to keep the peace in his own way, just like when he seperated Ko and Undine from tearing each other apart. Yeah, he throws them around a bit but they deserve it for not being a functional team.

I know what Hiroshima's past is, because I asked for spoilers and I can officially say that there are a lot of underlying matters here that you aren't getting concerning his past. There are big underlying issues on why he's hiding his curse, they way he feels about his allies and other things of that nature.

Hiroshima might be a bitch but he's a bitch with a cause.
HFGLF chapter 52 . 11/11/2008
I've been reading through your reviews and I think someone should defend Hiroshima here.

Sure, he's an ass but look at his legend and how people view him. Granted, no one is supposed to be kind and accepting of him but they shouldn't have been kind to Fife for having the profession that he had either, espceially since it turned out that he killed his sister.

As far as what is and isn't the Anti-christ, who says it has to fit the Biblical descritpiion? It's HER story so if she wants him to be then let him be. I doubt that he is and I think it was thrown in to purely confuse the readers who are unaware of things like that.

Also, Hiroshima called them cowards for a good reason. They all COULD fight but they didn't chose to stay and help everyone out like they did in the Flora fight. I would have thought the same thing to be honest. Hiroshima is used to the battle experience so you have to take things from his POV as well. He IS the main character of this story and it states so in the summary, you don't like him then don't read this story. Honestly and this arc is Fife's Arc and it's in HIS country. I do believe that it SHOULD be about him.

I don't think that Hiroshima should have done anything as far as stating their weaknesses because he knew that they were strong enough to handle themselves. He believes in them and they bail on him but HE'S in the wrong?

Are you serious dude

As far as him God-Moding goes, I don't think he could. I think no matter how strong you are that you always have someone who can beat you in some way. Many of the cast members may have strengths that Hiroshima doesn't. Believe it or not I think he regards them highly and is dissapointed when they don't live up to par with his standards of them.

Also, about his angsty past. Who one really knows what he's been through so unless it's stated then no one should really open their mouth on his flaws. Why not pick the humans apart? It seems a little biist to me that's all and I felt that I should defend a very interesting and cool character.

He DOES have reasons for all that he does and what he thinks. I can see it, and it's too bad that others can't.

As for my review on this chapter. I liked your action and I'm glad that Azmy is fighting now. It seems that she really has potential when she's not beating herself up so much.

Good job! I'm behind you all the way!
Dark Kurogane chapter 52 . 11/11/2008
I really like this battle, it was definitely gripping and there were so many close calls. This is a great addition to this wonderful story. Keep up the good job!
Tragedy of Light and Dark chapter 52 . 11/11/2008
Hiroshima is awesome! So is Azmy! They make a really good team. I hated Nagreboshi anyway, he annoyed me from point one and he was way too arrogant. I'm glad that he and Occarina are gone. Now, if they could only get rid of Remi and escape from the lightening attack...
SilverIsamu chapter 52 . 11/10/2008
Hiroshima...is just...awesome! I really love his dark style of fighting! I wonder how they'll escape the tunnel of doom! I'm anticipating the next chapter!
Utena Himemiya chapter 52 . 11/10/2008
Wow...Hiroshima is demented...

Azmy also kicks butt! It's good to see shy little Azmy fighting. I wonder what's going on with Tsurugi's side of the picture though.
Yaoi Love-Love Girl chapter 52 . 11/10/2008
Hiroshim and Azmy make a really good team. It's nice to see that Azmy can kick just as much ass as the rest of her team mates! Go Azmy!
Steamrollers Solve All chapter 52 . 11/9/2008
I do agree that people shouldn't be upset about this story's dark turns. Besides, its nowhere near as bad as Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still. It won't hit that point until the protagonists start dropping like flied and/or losing any sense of idealism.

Anyways, it is also nice to see Azmy using her own abilities to her advantage, and it's also nice to have that whole "Who's the main hero" issue settled. That's just one of the risks you run when you have a story without the name of the chief protagonist in there somewhere.

And GOSH! That many arcs? You must certainly have had this planned for a long while.
Steamrollers Solve All chapter 51 . 11/6/2008
Well, I feel I should say that the bloodlust everyone seems to be displaying is more than a little disturbing. I would understand it they were overly cynical and were playing it as dark comedy, but this seems just... playing it straight.

Which makes me wonder if I should really be rooting for these people in the first place.
Steamrollers Solve All chapter 50 . 11/5/2008
I do not find your attempt at using the branch of the Catholic church very offensive. I am a Catholic myself and am quite familiar with its hypocrisy on some issues.

I do feel upset though, that it almost seemed like you were taking a moment out of the story to try to justify the presence of the Catholics in the story. There are plenty of times in fiction that a church, either fictional or real, is portrayed negatively and flawed. I am even aware of the "Goddess of Fortresses" conspiracy theory, where the entire church is, and always has been, devil-worshippers. I think you underestimated people's ability to take this as fiction... besides your world is about as zany and crapsacky as it can possibly get. There's no need to make a super big deal about it one way or another.

And personally, I doubt Hiroshima's the Antichrist. The Bible's pretty adamant about his physical appearance and distinguishing characteristics. The biggest is having the Arabic word for "Disbelief" on his forehead, which everyone, regardless of their nation of origin or literacy, will be able to understand.

But speaking of Hiroshima, I'm starting to grow a bit weary of him... Fife as well. You have a good chunk of characters, and maybe the problem is they're all together and they've been that way nearly since the get-go and I'm not used to that or maybe it's that you intended for them to be the main heroes but I never got the memo. Be that as it may, I feel like you focus on Fife and Hiroshima too much. Their Omniscient Morality Liscenses are also growing a little hard to bear... including Hiroshima telling Azmy and the non-combatants they were cowards for running away. Not like they really needed the help, after all.

Now if Hiroshima had brought something up *afterwards*, saying they had been lucky that time and they should try to recognize their own strengths and weaknesses so they could stand and fight if the situation demanded it, that would be different. But it's hard to seriously respect someone who uses a rather angsty past to justify his various atrocities, never seeming to realize that he just perpetuates the vicious cycle. Not to mention someone who could God Mod a large portion of the cast if it had the intent to.

I dunno. Maybe this is just author appeal gone amuck. But I seriously want someone just yell at Hiroshima sometime soon, and be one hundred percent correct in their gripes, and force Hiroshima to admit he can't justify all the jerkass things he does.
Dark Angel Hiroshima chapter 51 . 11/4/2008
This was a good chapter! I really like the action here and this whole arc is simply amazing! You really know how to writ an awesome story!
Utena Himemiya chapter 51 . 11/4/2008
This was a really good chapter. I like Azmy and Hiroshima's interactions and I can't wait to see what will happen next!
Tragedy of Light and Dark chapter 51 . 11/4/2008
Azmy and...Hiroshima? Somehow I don't think that the feeling between them is mutual. Hiroshima stated in earlier chapters that angels mate for life and he seems very faithful to Tsurugi as a mate.

Azmy needs to find someone else.

I wonder what will happen between them in the tunnel though. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the ninja.
Kurogane Black Ninja chapter 51 . 11/4/2008
Well, it's been a while since you've posted any chapters so it's good to see this one up. I don't really care for AzmyHiroshima, seeing as I'm a fan of TsurugiHiroshima. I find their relationship a lot better and more interesting then he and Azmy's.

Now that I've expressed that concern of mine, I like how Azmy has gotten braver though. She's got a lot going for her. I hope that she can get over her insecurities and be a better person. She's got too much regret and it will consume her if she doesn't get a grip on it.
Dark Kurogane chapter 51 . 11/4/2008
Azmy can really fight when she wants to. She really needs to fight more often. She can be so much more of an outspoken person.

This crush on Hiroshima can't be a good thing. Tsurugi already thinks that she's stepping on his territory. I have a feeling that there will be some rising tension between them in future chapters.
2,145 | « Prev Page 1 .. 91 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 111 .. Last Next »