Reviews for We Are the Prisoners
Audible Chimera chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
For a web site that is littered with trash poems and stupid teen angst, this poem is a refreshing breath of what can be composed in this vein on poem.

The punctuation does a good job of accentuating the flow of the poem, as well. My only gripe for this particular poem would be that this is a subject often repeated- one thing that might be done to improve it is to add another dimension to it by relating it not only to life at the practical level, but also life at the thematic level. When I read this poem, I think of concrete situations I face from day to day that this relates to. Try to make me also think of overruling themes and trends in my life, rather than just specific cases.

That's the only critique I can see- try to make the appeal more broad. Good work.
Hel101 chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
wow. I loved that! It's really good - keep writing!

~Hel~
ChristianWriter chapter 1 . 2/5/2003
Wow thad desctibes my life at school... we must have psychokenetic mind vibes going here (Lol) I love this 5 stars *****
Letitia chapter 1 . 12/8/2001
Thanks for reviewing my fics... anyway it's funny but I wrote a poem about school, the prison too... and my teacher gave it an A after I performed practical crit on it... ) I like your analogy of the drop-off... but I think it's not really freedom; it's society... cos we would be seen as dirt by society if we were illiterate.
KittyCat1 chapter 1 . 4/7/2001
Same here. My school's a prison too espacially if there's History classes. Keep it up!
CerulianQueen chapter 1 . 3/24/2001
this is a very good poem. i loved it. i liked the way you showed a different view on how to get to freedom. the emotion is real, and it's easy to relate too. it's not pretentious, because the language is simple yet it conjures a lot.