Reviews for What is a Writer?
aaaah chapter 1 . 10/4/2020
well written!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/2/2020
Beautiful I love this
Marina x Machina chapter 1 . 8/3/2017
I guess so, maybe even with nonfiction writers sometimes.
Nadim chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
Love this.
Fell4 chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
I love the punctuation in this poem! The parenthesis give this poem the extra edge. I find it interesting you use a slant rhyme in the first stanza, since you are talking about lies (false truth, false rhyme). The five syllables in 10 & 12 I understand is because ...OMG! I was just looking at that line. I love what you've done with it. The fact that lines 9 & 11 are 6 & 7 syllables is because you were not in control, the pen and paper writing down what they will. That's absolutely fantastic. Wow. I am extremely impressed. The 8th line and the fact that you only had four syllables was cool too, I love how you mimicked what you were saying with the fact that the whole blanket isn't there, and neither is the whole line. I was just wondering why you put "the words" instead of words in 15 instead of "words," which would make it 5 syllables, which seems to be the normal pattern you try and take. Am I over analyzing this? I feel like I am (just a bit). Still, I would love for you to PM me! I would love to hear your thoughts about this poem!
kissedbytheking chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
lovely. :D
MissLovelyPrincess chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Wow. Beautiful. And so true, too. Amazing job, loved it! :D
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Hey, I'm here to share some exciting news: This story has been added to the Poetry category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"Helen Thinks: Continuous brevity asks the question that all of us probably asking ourselves at least once a day – “What is a Writer?” This poem is unique because continuous brevity does not use any fancy tricks that you usually see in poetry like an extensive list of adjective. ‘What is a Writer?” may not have all that but does contain with rhetorical questions that are there to make the reader think. The use of a simple layout makes the poem easy to read and helps keep the pace for the reader. Even though continuous brevity is posing the question, they do fill us in with a stunning answer to the questions they pose as the conclusion to this poem. So if you want to see the answers to ‘What is a Writer?’ then go check out continuous brevity’s excellent poem."

Keep writing,

Helen xo
youngin-matomon chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
I LOVE YOU. ENOUGH SAID.
stuck in bed chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
If there's something I'm not, then it's a big fan of poetry. But that might have to change after reading your poem. I loved the visual images you gave: "A blanket of truth, torn at the seams?" and the nice steady beat.

However, my favorite part was the last stanza. I think that's really what a writer is - what a writer should do. A writer should make, create, beauty. And that's all there is to it.

And you've certainly created raw beauty throughout this poem!
CouleurDuVent chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Brilliant. I smiled at the last line.

I read somewhere that "Really, being a writer is more of a mental illness than a professional carreer choice. None of it is true, even if it is and you know it. But you don't care."

Or...something like that. Maybe some author interview. But it came flooding back when I read this poem. Great job.
They Call Me Mimii chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Beautiful! I really agree in some ways but in others not so much. DO you know what I mean? I may write a poetic response to this to post on my own page, would you mind terribly, I would love it if you'd review it!
Decoris Verbum chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Woaw. This is amazing. I liked the loose rhyming. I loved the imagery. This is pure talent. Delicious.

-DV-
stringless-kite chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
love it. true, simple and straight to the point. nice job.
shatteredpeace chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
So, so true. An outstanding poem.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »