Reviews for cacophony
theinfinitebee chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
This is definitely the musician in me talking, but I love this and all its musical references.

"now drawn to harmony's discord, your wild fingers scribble melodies" has to be my favourite line.

I love the way you twist - for lack of a better word - the meanings of the musical terms to mean something entirely different.

Well done.
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Very descriptive, well written piece. The line "ebony screeches and ivory twangs—" draws a great picture along with "and the echo (vibrato like your quivering hands) trembles, but does not die". Well done.

Twilight Starr
Three Cheers for Eve chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Q: So how excited was Anna to see that she got reviews?

A: Very excited.

Before I get onto the review part of this soon-to-be novella, I just wanted to respond to one thing you said in the review of 'Moon River'. Buckley is a reference to a musician from the '90s of the same name (Jeff Buckley). He only released on album - Grace - yet it is widely hailed as one of the most significant contributions to music today. He died tragically young; drowning in the Mississippi River.

Now, this hour long monologue does actually serve a point; you felt that the line /oh! avenger of fallen angels!/ was a little clichéd, and normally I'd agree with you. However, in 'Moon River' is serves as a reference to Buckley's cover of the Cohen song 'Hallelujah', which changed my life the first time I heard it. If you haven't heard it, I demand that you do. It was one of the catalysts that made me begin to write poetry in the first place.

So that's that.

Onto the part about you; as a musician, I adored this. As a classical musician, I adored this all the more. It's all words that I know and say and think in my sleep; harmony, melody, vibrato, etc. but this poem uses them in entirely new ways that make me redefine their usage.

And may I say I was slightly offended at the other reviewers mark? Loud noises, indeed.

So, I have reviewed. Yes, I am greedy, but you know what this means...
Kissing Concrete chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
wow. i never thought of a loud noise like that before...