Reviews for cocoon
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Wow, this is beautiful. You have a way with words.

I'm off to go read more of your work!
theinfinitebee chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
oh god, I can relate to this poem so well. just...everything about it is remarkable.

"(i want to wake up, already knowing how to fly)" has to be my favourite line.

" you ask why i always sabotage my own dreams, and i answer with a frantic smile-/panicked laughter stinging in the corners of my eyes"

-how many times has this exact thing happened to me?

This is so wonderful, so poignant, so amazing. I love it with a passion.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
"the world would reel at the sight of my strangely raw, wingless soul"

I've felt this way so many times, but never knew it until I read that line. Thank you.

beautiful, poignant poem. and as for the last line - me too, me too.
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Terrific poem. My favorite lines are "the world would reel at the sight of my strangely raw, wingless soul" and "i want to wake up, already knowing how to fly". Great job!

Twilight Starr
Risa Shayde chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
I can completely and totally get this poem. (Of course, don't tell my mother that.)

This actually reminded me of The Lady of Shalott. And it also reminded me a bit of Thoreau. (Yes, I did actually absorb some of the information in d'mma's class. Please don't stone me for this.)
the lost yarn spinner chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
Very, very powerful. Poignant. I like it.

Lauren
Lost in A World of Pain chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Words are difficult to convey the feelings experienced as I read this poem. It is deep and contains a lot of raw emotion I feel (although I may be completely off the mark). The part in your poem where you ask 'why do I always sabotage my dreams?' is profound in a sense, because certain people feel that no sabotage is necessary dreams are only made to be broken. In life people often do feel that they are trapped, but in what, nobody is quite certain. It is interesting to note that you have finally given a meaning to this trapped feeling and almost ironic that you have decided on a cacoon which is generally reserved for the production of something that started out ugly but ends up beautiful, yet how many people feel that they never will be beautiful or pretty in the eyes of society or, more importantly, their own eyes. A well written poem that was deep in meaning that, anybody who reads between the lines, can really relate to. Well done. I hope this review makes sense, didn't waste your time and wasn't tedious.

Cheers

Lost in A World of Pain
Kissing Concrete chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
again, beautiful- excellent how you compare a caterpiller in a cocoon to someone (i assume a girl) wanting to break out of stereotypes and learn how to fly already. Nice one!