Reviews for The Art Of Contradiction
sheisdressedinpoetry chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
The rhyme in this poem is one of its greatest strengths. I was really impressed by the way it contributed to its overall fluidity.

When looked at more closely the main concept seems a bit scattered and could probably be clarified to some degree.

Regardless of its conceptual lapses lines like this tend to make up for it:

"I taste the air in the state, and the wheat

fields they raped.
shutitoff chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
This is beautiful. The layout is a little messy but it is a new Favourite for sure.

And that song. The Joy in something... that song is amazing. I am inspired too.
riotmaker chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
i love this one. especially "in michigan, from far away, I can still/ hear his voice, even over the rain".

beautiful.
jeek chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
i like this, kinda dark but its full of emotion, and very descriptive. it helps me to just be in the poem and know what the author is feeling. very good.
Kaelefay chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
The rhyming in this is amazing. I think it's the most successful use of slant rhymes I've ever seen in a poem...

The linebreaks, however, are a little erratic. You seem to be going for the emphasis, the irregular, but some of these ("with a/single", "an erased/note") chop it up a bit too much.

Kudos for the 1st and last lines.

K le'Fay
Navagan chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
I really liked this... I think maybe because the way it moved around... Though I can't really pinpoint exactly what it is.

I like the line, "I sleep with the radio buzzing and the flowers on the floor. In a paradox world, it's okay to want more."

The more I read it through the more I like it. I like your style. I'll be on the look out for you.