Reviews for Brandon
Jinw chapter 1 . 4/17/2018
This was heartbreaking :'(
Ishotthealbatross chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
This was a heart-breaking story. I know that this happens, in theory, but I've never read such a tragic account of it before.
JHeartbreak chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
This story is really good - it's in the same league as 'Letters to Maine' in my opinion. I think you are at your best when you're focusing on some pivotal moment. 'Promiscuous Ambivert' was good in a way, but it was lacking something. I think the fact that there was no pivotal movement, no alteration of character, is a big factor in that.

In 'Brandon' we've got that pivotal moment, that growing to adulthood, and a really great focus on tween life and behavior. You've captured what it's like to be 12-13 really well, in a way that makes me remember things I've forgotten about myself at that time. We have a focus on sensuality and the awkward gulf between human beings, like your other stories, and things unfold casually.

The ending is very moving. That must be something we've all thought, looking back on that time in our lives - that maybe later on we could have handled it, but at the time all we could do was walk away.
YamiTenshiKoi chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Did not see the ending coming there. Lovely writing but you freaked me the fuck out with Alexia. That is one of the most uncommon names like ever... And it's mine. I dyed my blonde hair green in 7th grade and I love ice skating. Damn that scared me lol. Anyways, I did like the story very much(:

XOXO

Lexi
lost in pale blue chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
This story made me cry because I am like Brandon: born in a female body, but identifying as male. I'm an adult, which makes things a little easier, but it's still hard. The world sees me as a woman, but I know who I am on the inside.

Anyway, thanks so much for writing this.
HugAZombie chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
I'm slowly working my way through your works. I love this. The way you have portrayed transgenderism is beautiful. Authors on sites like this seem to find it difficult to differentiate between cross-dressing and this and when they try to make an attempt, I have found they don't so it so well so kudos to you :)

Onto the next then.
BlueberrySpoilz chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Of course it happens. It happened to me, and let me tell you, you don't know pain until you've been born a homosexual male in a female's body. It's truly terrible, and I'm not just saying that. I love this story, by the way(:
qwerty chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
No, it totally happened to my sister's friend. Luckily, his parents were nicer about it.
Lullaby Bliss chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
I loved this. Even though neither ended up happy in this piece, it was a throat-consticting read that left me thinking. By the time I read the last line I was wishing that he'd had the years and knowledge behind him to offer words of tenderment or a helpful hand. My heart went out for Brandy/Brandon; such longing and hate built into such a young age. I wanted to cuddle them both close and give them hugs.

Thank you for the meaningful read.
Tigaroo chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
Reminds me way too much of myself.
channel-violet chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
i am so glad that i didn't glance over this story. I read it in full detail and nearly cried in the end. Brandon represnts what can happeen and you may or may not want to happen and the emotions conveyed made the story more bitter sweat and heartwreching.

When Brandon was "Brandi" it tore my heart, because I knew Brandon didn't feel like a girl, he felt more uncomfortable.

Keep writing, and making my eyes well up with huge tears.

-mika.
Cinera chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
Brandon's transgender. It happens all the time. My best friend's ex-boyfriend is the exact same way.

Love the story.
relapse into change chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
wow just wow

this is so sad

and i love it iloveit

-fav
the-one-named-gil-XD chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
its a great story. keep up the good work man.
TheOutlawHadMercy chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
I love it. Just a tincy bit confusing with the gay guy in a girl's body, but not so much that it makes it unreadable. Congrats on getting published! I'd buy it if my mom wouldn't completely freak if she saw it in the mail. Keep it up!
31 | Page 1 .. Last Next »