Reviews for Brandon
elle chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
That was really, really sad. It's also very thought-provoking and beautifully written. I was left feeling lost and confused too. The idea of a guy born in a girl's body but likes guys is definitely possible. But it brings to mind the questions: What do you think as a guy's personality and what do you think is a girl's? Aren't these just stereotypes and cultural ideas?
WhimsytheRobot chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Wow...I mean, yeah wow pretty much covers it. An odd, yet fantastic story. The plot was so original! I absolutly firggin loved it!

Brandon was so believable, though you did have me a little confused in the middle. It was great though, the end just rapped it up nicely, if the ending was a bit curt.

Still, one of my favs on FP.
Mya chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
T.T sad ending. good story and i thought brandon might be a girl, but was still shocked nonetheless the way it was presented good job.
Strange.Synchronicity chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
I completely wanted to punch Brandon's dad. Parents are supposed to be nurturing and loving, but so many of them work so hard at impressing their own ideals onto their children that they hurt the kids that badly. It pisses me off.

The ending was totally perfect too, it completely captured that powerless, awkward, confused reaction you have to events like that when you're young.

The bleeding heart notso deep within me really wants a continuation so it won't end on such a sad note, but it really kinda has to, doesn't it?

Oh, well.

Excellent job!
nate chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
This story...it made me cry because I saw myself in 's hard when you go around putting on this image, a mask but inside its tearing you apart because its not the real you.

I just have to say, from now on, this is my favorite story.

nonaccount chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
That really made me think. So heartbreaking. I don't understand why parents can't just love and accept their kids for what they are instead of trying to form them into whatever the parents envision them to be. I just want to hold Brandon, so sad. A haunting ending. I'm going to be thinking about this story for a while.

On a much lighter note, this bit made me laugh out loud, "If she weren't my mom, I'd throw rotten eggs at our mailbox and t.p. the front yard." That does a great job of illustrating the love-hate relationship (unless I've assumed too much). ;)
the Berserker chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
Yeah, I KNOW that happens. I've seen it for myself. Pretty confusing, really. Testosterone/estrogen levels almost exactly equal, or something.

Beautiful story. Wonderful twist. Very sad.

Absolutely love it.
Cookie Gestapo chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
I saw this movie on Life Time like that.

I think it was called A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story

It's about a girl in a boys body and s/he likes guys.

Which I guess makes her straight.

Great story.

If you haven't seen it I suggest you watch it.

True story and everything.

Sad because she get's murderd.

Or you can watch Boys Don'y Cry with Hillary Swank.

It's about a boy in a girls body.

His name was Brandon too.

I reccomend both of those movies because they deal with the it from both sides of the fence.

Girl trapped in a boys body and boy trapped in a girls body.

Both true storys.
FANtastic Sam chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
*oof* the ending was painful. I hope that Brandon gets to be himself in the near future, and that he breaks away from whatever influence that his dad imposes on him. And like Jay, I would be pretty confused about what to do too...
inxyourxeyes chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Happens all the time...

It's good to bring light to kids having to deal with sexuality issues.
Amindaya chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Aw, darn, I'm sorry. That's been sitting in my inbox forever and I just never did it. :(

Oh yeah, definitely happens. Actually, FtoM's VERY often like guys rather than girls, since, having been a girl physically, they feel such a strong disgust for the gender...so being sexual with a girl is just impossible for them.

Did you enjoy your trip-like thing?
Bedlam Chaos chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Oh yeah. I think it happens and more than one. But the thing I find weird is home-schooling. Here, you cannot do it. There is an exception if you have a permission from a doctor or a psy and you have to pass test afterwards. It's really strange.

What do you think about that? And also about that "creationist" stuff. About God creating the world in 6 days and the museum that was build for it. Personnaly I think it's rubbish 'cause the children who are taught with that stuff don't have the choice. They do not have the same assets than the others. I'm not sure if my English is good, if you don't understand something mail-me ;).

But the rest of the story is quiet good although my little sister is nearly 15 and I cannot see her having serious relationships with anybody. So 12 or 13 years seems very young.
Naomi Schemer chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Funny you chose to name him Brandon. I'm sure you've heard of Brandon Tina.

The story itself is very good and very sad. The ending bit is so true. When you're young you don't know how to react and you're just awkward and this story showed that that is exactly what Jay-Jay was like, not only in the end.
magalina chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
O.O wow... that was surprising. Sad in the end... Poor Brandon/Brandy.

Must be ugly being a guy and ride a bike on bumpy roads... ouch?

Great job :)
My Chemical Music Box chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Jesus fucking christ...

sorry for the swearing but, that was really good! I loved it! Sad but so very very good.

It does happen.

I sometimes feel like that.

I wish it wasn't a oneshot.

Brandon is one of the best characters in a story that I've seen on FP.
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »