Reviews for My Body Politic
this is britt chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
first of all: what a great title (I appreciate things like that). secondly: what an incredible poem. an incredibly powerful, well-thought-out piece of poetry. you took a potentially tricky subject and you did it so eloquently. the use of repetition serves it brilliantly, and there are a lot of great devices in here- such as your little take on hearsay, "hersay". really a motivating piece. "is rape your rite of passage?" wow.
Mirri Night chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Oh my! What a lovely and forward take on the woman's view throughout history. The speaker's perceptions and ideas seem to progress much like woman's thought has through history as one reads through the poem. The poem is loud and touching at the same time. Nice poem!
Ashelin chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
I'm not really in to femenism. I think that women in general are treated pretty well. There are those stupid people who don't but you can't change that. We have rights and there are many powerful women in the world. Our role in life has changed and stayed the same. I find being a "wife, mother, daughter" an amazing and beautiful role.

I'm really not flaming your poem. It was very well written and would get anyone's hearts going towards your opinion. I just don't happen to agree that it is as relevent as some people make it out to be. Racism, sexism, terrorism all exists. But there is a great difference in what it looks like today from the past.

Now, maybe you are talking about that past, then I'm sorry for going on this "rant". Because it was a sad thing and horrible thing in the past. But I just don't think it is as big as some people make it out to be today. Great poem, a lot of emotion in the words and phrases. You did a wonderful job. As always, keep it up.

Ashelin