Reviews for Eulogies and Post It Notes Can Change the World!
anamika chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
aw cute... i was looking for ur one -shots this morning but i came upon this by pure accident... damn its cute... i love the quotes (i'm a quote junkie)... i like abe...

wonderfull job... though if you'd broken it up into say three chapters it would have been a leetle easier... nevertheless good story
tlw1 chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
That was truly enjoyable and a lovely ending.
angels and effects chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Absolutely brilliant. That sums it all up. True, I took about 20 minutes I could have spent writing my next chapter to read the entire thing (I marvel at your ability to write such a long yet good one-shot), but it was all worth it. The flowery words/language you use, the style of writing and the intricate details you used just blew me away, darling. If I didn't know better, I would have said that a published author wrote this. When you grow up, PLEASE consider publishing your work, won't you? It's so terribly obscure (in a very good way) and so damn heart-warming that I couldn't help smiling at the end.

The idea of Post-Its and eulogies is something I've never come across before (maybe once or twice, but never in the context you used it in) so I'll give you props for it. Personally, I've never wrote eulogies for anyone so the notion of it is interesting. Maybe I'll do it one day, you never know! Great way to show people you care for them. :)

Ozzy (his real name sounds vaguely Malay, lol) and Paige are memorable characters and so is Abe - even Mav is. The way she agonised over her name and how it linked to Pride and Prejudice goes very well with the ending as well as her whole character. The way Jack only calls her by her full name's so cute too! I bet he only does that to rile her up, wahaha.

What I obviously like best about how you write is how mature everything sounds - you're obviously very intelligent (no, I'm not sugar-coating my words!) as the sprinkling of words I barely know ('triumvirate', for one - I am so using it in Maths class one day! And 'veridical' too. I liked your usage of 'ubiquitous', I love that word :D) tells me. The reference to Waking Ned Devine shows that you know your stuff, and that is something I can hardly find here. Literary, film, TV references... are you seriously only 15? :D It's deep, but not so that I can't comprehend it. You manage to mix humour with sublety, to which I have to say: good job!

Jack... you described his looks well. The Euro-American boy, interesting combination. The fact that he hid behind facades and the fact that he left those Post-Its for Abe, copying her little fetish for quotes and probably having to spend a ton of time searching for the right ones. As an author, I applaud the way you obviously did your research - I liked the Albert Einstein one, never thought he'd say a thing like that. :D And the Carl Jung one (what does the G stand for?) reminded me of this book where the protagonist moans about self-actualisation. Hmm, sarcasm, illuminating.

Anywa, Jack probably became a loner because it was Abe who wrote that Post-It, right? :D He's a good match for Abe, just because he's intelligent enough to write all those quotes. Pretty sweet, if I have to say. The only problem I have with him is that I think the development of him from a socially ept wannabe to a social pariah is kind of downplayed. But that isn't a big problem anyway, so you can forget I said that. :)

Criticism wise, I seriously have nothing to say. It's perfect as it is! If I could write such an amazing piece of work like you can, I'd die an extremely happy girl. Once again, the level of maturity of your writing surpasses so many works I've read, even published ones. I suppose the only thing is this part: 'and one hand spanning my back.' It sounds a little weird to me, but the way people describe gestures always get to me (I'm a little particular about them) so it might just be me being my own stupid self. D

Yeah, this review can be a story by itself already, hahaa. I'm so putting this on my favourites! Flipping great one-shot, I can only complain that there's no more. :)

xxLouisa

P.S. I got your review about the twin connection thing and I think what you said is appropriate... I'm not a twin so I won't know, haha. I'll go edit it when I have the time, thanks so much for the input about that!
candii-apple chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
lol. realli good. i love the ending )
wandless chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
That was really nice! My name is Elizabeth too, except no one calls me that. Everyone calls me by a variation of my last name. It was really long though. Why didn't you split it into 2 or 3 chapters? Please post more stuff on FP, I love reading your work!
365 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25