Reviews for A Guide to Reclaiming Sanity
Leinnansidhe chapter 6 . 6/23/2009
Yay!

I read this story... wow, it must've been last year or something, and I loved it. Imagine my happiness to see that more had been written. The style, the syntax, everything's great. I have absolutely nothing to critique.

Please write more? :D
xenolith chapter 6 . 4/23/2009
Read all that in one go. Gotta say, great story! Very well written I can't find anything wrong with it at all. It flows so well and the chapters are lovely and lengthy and your characters are all interesting, even the main girl Erica which I was plesantly surprised by! I like Gwen, and I like the dialouge and the chewy references haha. Your writing is quirky and I'm liking the plot so far. Yeah, this is really very good. Well, I like it anyway. Look forward to reading more!
Seigetsu Ren chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
You have a nice chapter here. The first line is really a hooker. It grabbed my attention immediately when the narrator said she couldn't preserve her sanity. Your writing is very clear and easy to understand, while the dialogue is realistic and humorous at certain points (like the Grey's Anatomy reference). Good job on that. There is a part that is somewhat unnatural though:

'Here we some hemorrhaging...'

What do you mean by we some hemorrhaging. Do you mean to say we have a little hemorrhage, or that there is some hemorrhaging? I think I get the general idea, but without a verb, the phrase does seem a bit awkward.

That's all I've got to say for now. Keep up the good work!
Leinnansidhe chapter 2 . 11/29/2007
Glee. Love it. It's true that every woman loves Irish men though. Fer serious.

The tiny tidbits you throw in here are very realistic, and add just that much more to the story. Lovely, lovely.
Leinnansidhe chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
Oh. Ah.

This is quirky! Your character development is great, and they're all fleshed-out with personality even in the first chapter.

And it's rare for me to find a lot of stories I really enjoy on ficpress, but this... this is definitely on that list! Great work, and I'll be making some room for this story on my favourites list.

Have a lovely day.
GrannyP chapter 3 . 11/21/2007
This is GREAT! I love the misunderstanding as Maddy comes to Cian's apartment in the morning and thinks something else had gone on during the night. Too funny.

And Maddy is a wonderful character, mostly because she reminds me of my own sister in a way.

This is a great story so far! Keep up the good work!
l3g3nd chapter 2 . 11/1/2007
Lol, gosh you're good at joking. I was laughing so hard while I'm reading the story.

Your descriptions are all well-done. There are some minor mistakes though.

[I tried to get up but the moment I took my head from the high thread count pillow it had been so comfortably resting on, I felt pain unlike anything I had ever felt before.]

There are unnecessary words which I think you could remove to shorten the length of the sentence. I felt awkward while I attempted to read it, and it almost makes me stop reading your great piece of work ;P

I have a comment I want to make regarding your summary too. Through the brief descriptions, you mentioned Cian 'might' be a killer. I guess that was not quite an intelligence disclosure, since the 1st impression readers towards Cian would be something like:

- He's the killer? Is he going to kill or slash or murder Erica?

- How he's gonna kill?

- Is he acting, behind all his acts?

Though it might be a good thing to arouse conflict within readers, but that doesn't work well for me. Your story's content is light, and the feeling would just ruin everything. But anyway, you can still work out for the 'killer' thing as a surprise or twist in the end. I guess that'd be better.

That's just what I think though. It's entirely up to you whether to hear to me blabbering or not. ;P

Maddy's suck a kick ass, anyway lol.
Twilight Starr chapter 2 . 10/27/2007
Lol, the last comment was the best. Great job.

~Twilight Starr~
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
What away to meet a guy-tripping on his rug and falling unconscious! Original beginning. Nice title. Lovely opening sentence.

Good luck with writing, this story, and life.

Have a brilliant day.

~Twilight Starr~
soojinyeh chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
“This is so Grey’s Anatomy!” I exclaimed.- LMAO AT THAT! this is really funny, though I didn't expect it to be.
Penance for her sins chapter 2 . 9/8/2007
Hi, I found this work through ‘pay it forward’, and decided to give it love, because of its lack of reviews. I am glad I did so. This piece has exceptional content, and from what I have read, so far in this chapter, as well as the first the makings of something truly writing this particular story, I am curious to see what comes of it.
just a ray of sunshine chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Haha, I like this so far! The sister seems hilarious, and Mr. Cian seems DELISH. How do you pronounce that, by the way? Like sy-ann, like the color? Or some other way that I'm too stupid to figure out? Probably that, knowing me. AnyWHO, I'll be sure to read this when the next chapter is up. Erica is VERY lucky girl to be picked up by such a gorgeous stranger. I can't say I'm not jealous.
jj37362 chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
I love this! The Summary was good. It really made me want to read the chapter. And you write really well. It was a little abrupt in some places but other than that your flow was good. Oh, and let me commend you on your re-reading skills. I got about half way through the chapter and i was already planning to review you say that this was flawlessly written. but then you typed 'set' instead of 'sat'. Anyway, the point is that that was your ONLY typo (at least it was the only one that i noticed). Good job. Please continue. I already love the MC and her neighbour. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a killer. I like him too much.

zell. (reviewers_found)