Reviews for Conquer a Cynic
Ml4eva2009 chapter 12 . 1/2/2008
great story! update soon!
Georgianna chapter 12 . 1/1/2008
NO! I just devoured your story..and it just had to end like this. I'm going to go sit in my little corner until you update..T_T
SuperCUTEJensen chapter 12 . 1/1/2008
YAy your back..I'm happy now...love this chapter. cant wait to see what happens next
Terras1fan-inactive chapter 12 . 1/1/2008
lol.

I'm glad I kicked your butt into action. Even if I didn't, I'm glad you posted. I still have nothing big to say, other than I'm curious and I spotted a few grammatical errors. No spelling errors. I suck at writing constructive criticism late at night.

Scout's honor, I vow the next chapter will have a lovely peice of criticism for you to enjoy.

- Terra
akb-inactive chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Hahha, i was laughing so much when a girl shouted, "It's Prince William isn't it!" Haha, classic! And all the girls were shouting, haha! And "Duchess! I could be a duchess!" Haha, this was hilarious! Haha!
039301 chapter 12 . 1/1/2008
I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH! I've been waiting for the next chapter but I'm finally glad that you updated! When I read that you were planning on finishing it I couldn't have been happier! Xavier has become one man that I'm falling in love with! Please write the next chapter soon, I really want to know what Ashley is going to come up with next!
Terras1fan-inactive chapter 11 . 12/30/2007
Oh, my goodness.

You made this so intricate, but so lovingly simple! I'm in love with all of Austen's novels, so I'm pleased as all get out that you quoted some P&P. I spotted some minor spelling errors and confusing sentences in 4 & 5, I think I found the most. Nothing huge was wrong at all, just needs some edit and revision.

Update this baby. It's a nice, classy story, and for once it isn't something everybody else has written. It has its own unique vibe.

I'll be reading and maybe when I'm less estatic about Austen being quoted, I'll leave better construction criticism.

- Terra
Midsummer Dreams chapter 11 . 10/10/2007
Awesome story...One of the one's that I look forward to updates on...Elizabeth's character mirrors Elizabeth Bennet's in a way (bringing P&P back in, not many authors do that)...All in all- great story! Update Soon!
victim of reality88 chapter 11 . 9/26/2007
cute story. I really like it so far. PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
DakotaRites chapter 11 . 9/24/2007
Wow.

Just wow.

I really liked Elizabeth's character and the whole story. The Beth thing really surprised me though. I wasn't expecting it. At all. It even had me crying.

But by the time the dance rolled around, I was squealing like a teenage girl... Not that I'm not a teenage girl. I mean, I am. But... well, you get what I mean.

The kiss was perfect, I thought.

Hope life gets better for ya. ]

Oh, and I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Christy. *hugs*

Lots of love, and keep writing.
mia5081 chapter 11 . 9/13/2007
Oh, you don't have to try harder...I loved it! And yes! they're together now :D

Update soon!

~Mia
lumanarann chapter 11 . 9/11/2007
To be honest, at the beginning of the story I thought your main character was a real bitch. It was really hard to believe that Xavier would be at all interested in her. Her dislike for him was a bit more believable.

It also didn't make sense for her to be reading a "worn" copy of Pride and Prejudice and then spout a list of reasons for why she hated the book so much. "Worn" indicates that she has read the book many times before, and few people read and re-read books that they despise. (By the way, I happen to be a huge fan of P&P-I really enjoyed the parts where the teacher had them re-enacting scenes). However, I did think that a lot of her opinions sounded silly and unfounded-it felt like you were grasping at straws to find something for her to critisize.

But, as you have no glaring difficulties with grammer or punctuation, I did read all the way through to the eleventh chapter.
SecondHandSonata chapter 7 . 9/11/2007
This chapter was really well done. It's beautiful, it's perfect, it brings tears to the reader's eyes, and causes their hands to shake.

Except, the focus is still on Elizabeth and Xavier.

If you're trying to make him 'help her through her best friend's death,' then feel free, but let the death happen first.

Also, the conversation with Chris was a bit too early. You don't talk about love after your sister's been killed.

But all in all, the best death chapter I think I've seen in a while.

Love,

Salvation ala mode.
Michelle Richard chapter 11 . 9/11/2007
I absolutely love this story. I can't wait to read what happens next. I'm happy to see that Xavier and Elizabeth are together. I really like them as a couple. Update soon!
vallerine chapter 11 . 9/11/2007
i absolutly love this story! please update!
348 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »