Reviews for Conquer a Cynic
class.act chapter 3 . 6/17/2007
Hey. I found some typos:

'Mr. Darcy was clearly overwhelmed his own family’s '

'and in this case it he uses it to elevate '

'bet your just dying'

'lend you a shred of credit to your character!”'

'following close behind when a long fingers closed firmly'

I'm sorry if it seems presumptuous, but I can't stand bad grammer; and you write so well otherwise.

I loved this chapter...the argument was interesting, to say the least. Elizabeth went a little too far, I think. Xavier deserved an apology.

Ooh, I love hot-guys-playing-football. Can't wait to read more!
chic rebel chapter 3 . 6/16/2007
lol, cute. update soon!
mia5081 chapter 3 . 6/16/2007
i love your story so far. you've done a wonderful job with the characters so far, and other than a few grammatical mistakes it's an amazing story )

update soon!

~mia
039301 chapter 3 . 6/16/2007
Great story so far. Write more soon please.
loversloveliarslie x chapter 3 . 6/16/2007
ooh. this is a good story ! i love how proper he sounds around us americans. i love it. please keep updating.
qttrx chapter 3 . 6/16/2007
Awesome. I love the story line so far, I hope you continue this story, it'd be fun to read what happens next.

Thanks for sharing!
Kaiyara chapter 3 . 6/16/2007
I like your story very much so far. Though I must say one thing that should be a little more distinct is the English grammar as opposed to the American sort of grammar. And perhaps our dear duke should be a bit more defined in character. Other than that, thumbs up! can't wait to read more.
Kiss The Stars With Me chapter 3 . 6/16/2007
I really like your story! Your style is unique. Please update soon!

Bree
Lady of Confusion chapter 2 . 6/9/2007
its funny! update soon! i like them both ...keep them the way they are lol
Lady Wrye chapter 2 . 6/8/2007
Oh, he's perfectly fine for now. You are only on the second chapter after all. I loved the scene where he basically ran over her...and how she thought he was drunk because he was driving on the wrong side of the road, hahaha.

i found nemo chapter 2 . 6/8/2007
"So you want me to be...celibate?"

Haha that line really made me laugh. Another well-written chapter, although the relationship between Liz's parents seems really fake and artificial (which might be the case?). And so far Xavier acts like the true gentleman a future duke should act, which is very good. Story is definitely promising; can't wait for the next update!
kstar129 chapter 2 . 6/8/2007
Bite me!Heheheheheheheheheehe!I love this girl!She's like the side of me that stays in my head!
class.act chapter 2 . 6/8/2007
This was really good. And I like Xavier's character, very confident. Glad that Liz is not the only one sick of all the attention he's recieving, Beth is normal too :) And, what is it with Elizabeth's parents...I would've thought that atleast her mother would be more understanding...that phone conversation seemed, just, unfeeling. I mean, "tough it out"?

I can't wait to read more, update soon!

PS: Do you pronounce Xavier with an 'H', like Ha-vier, or with an 'X'?
i found nemo chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
I'm really loving this story - compared to all the other stories on this website, yours is refreshing, original, and extremely well-written. Great characterization; I love Elizabeth, but that English teacher is definitely my favorite so far. She's wacky! I definitely can't wait for the next chapter...please update soon!

Thank you for bringing back hope that good writing still exists. :) This is one of the best stories (and it's only the first chapter!) I've read on here in MONTHS. HAha but no pressure...
fancyacupoftea chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
i love your story already.

im looking forward to the up

coming chapters :)