Reviews for bitter lullaby
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Great poem. My favorite line was "this is my bitter lullaby of imperfect melodies and fractured dreams". Nice work.

Twilight Starr
oxytocin chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Dripping with gorgeous imagery. This is really good. I think that personally, I would prefer some more punctuation, to break up the endless flowing of one line into another - or just a couple of full stops here and there. But maybe the way it just seams on and continues is what gives it its charm.
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
the sickle moon. such an elegant way to portray death

keep writing
Three Cheers for Eve chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
I know, I know, break out the tambourines and drums; the great slumbering review beast that is Anna has at long last, awoken. But, hey, I'm back!

First of all, I have to say the idea of texture in this poem really fascinated me. You use verbs like "woven" and "splinter"; two words that present contrasting images. This poem takes me from image to image in my mind very smoothly, which I adored.

Now on to the next review! (Though I warn you; I am not a bulk reviewer!)
Kissing Concrete chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
WOW. that is honestly all i have to say. but i will say more: i loved your use of the common nursery rhyme and the vocabulary is amazing. the way the words are woven together is truely original. i haven't read anything like it. KEEP WRITING!
Risa Shayde chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Ouch. Julia, this is honestly depressing. And actually, this is how I always pictured that nursery rhyme. (Which is why it always made me cry when I was younger.)

But I'm curious now. Who is the baby?

Risa Shayde