Reviews for State Of Irony
Chelsea Grin chapter 32 . 1/2/2013
Wow you updated! You were gone for so long I was totally missing this story! (: I've always loved your characters, they're so surprising, real, interesting, and the way you tell this story is simply awesome! I hope you keep writing!
leavemeialone chapter 32 . 12/31/2012
So I read all of your chapters in this story so far. I love it! I don't what to say about this story but it is super awesome. I love the characters. I know you said in several author's note how people were criticizing you for your character's changes in sexuality. I don't what it is like to be her, but I do know how people can change. People change their minds all the time. People experiment. I think that is just part of how things are. It took her a while for her to understand . . . As for Seth and Jess I am so glad to see them together. The fact that they are best friends even makes it some much better because they truly know each other. He knows how she is . . . I love reading about the other guys too! I love Archibald in the beginning . . . then it all changed with Nora. Overall, I am so excited to have found this story. It is very enjoyable! I hope you update . . . give us a nice conclusion!
lalaland22 chapter 12 . 12/31/2012
From the summary at the start of chapter one, I was pretty interested in seeing how this would play out...the plot seemed so original. As I started reading I was I impressed with how well you've created the bond between the characters and how well developed each character is...plus the writing has a very effortless feel...almost like this is really happening and there is no way to tell how it will play out ( which is always a great quality in a story).

However, ( and maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions here since I'm only on ch12) it's starting to feel forced and a wee bit predictable. For instance, it doesn't take a genius to realize that you're setting it up for archer and Nora to get together or at the very least have a 'connection' of some sort...which will eliminate the whole awkward situation of archer being alone when Jesse chooses Seth...which is a little weird considering how young nora seems. Oh, and I'm sure that despite jesse's obvious feelings and actions, she's most likely going to deny, deny that she's gay while her and Seth tip-toe around their feelings for one another...I imagine them dragging this out quite a bit, with some Karma thrown in just to complicate things further,lol
Now I could be totally off base here,lol, but it went from being an original piece of fiction whose characters happen to be in high school struggling with real issues (i.e- sexuality, loss,et.), to the typical teenager-in love-with-her best friend cliche.

Now I'm not trying to offend of insinuate that all cliches are bad - I mean they r around for a reason, right?lol -, but they turn bad when it starts to 'feel' like you're reading the same old, same old. As I said before, you are obviously a skilled writer and I think that with the amazing characters that you've created and the unique plot, this story could've had real potential - in my opinion - of standing out from the typical romance. But once again, this is all just my take on it..I'm in no way the standard of good fiction,lol, or anything like that..and I honestly don't mean to offend. We all come on a site like this for feedback or insight, and it would be unjust if I didn't contribute my honest opinion:)
HiddenInTheCrowd chapter 31 . 8/30/2012
PLEASE UPDATE! I dont know how my life will continue without knowing exactly who is in that bed! what a cliffhanger ):
casafrita chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
DUDE! you should totally finish this story, its probably one of the best Ive read! :)
twibbit chapter 31 . 5/20/2012
Hope you update soon ;) I hope it's not Seth on the bed :/
drats chapter 31 . 11/22/2011
cliff hanger much? You cruel person.

ive really enjoyed your story by the way. it's awesome. :)

And Jesse's right, Carlos needs a girlfriend, he is just too awesome not too. And Seth... (insert wolf whistle here). Jesse's quite the character too. she actually reminds me a lot of this awesome guy im friends with. He was even gay for a time too.

anyway, thanks for giving me such a great story to read.

Happy Writing :)
Vaxil T. Rookshire chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Ok so I only read one chapter, and plan on continueing, however this is review so I will give you some pointers.

-Add more detail, your doing good so far, but if your looking for publishing, this could never count as a first chapter by itself, you need to add more things into it. More details on the school, more background, I don't even know, but put more writing, words, sentances, description, whatever (excuse my spelling)

Your descriptions are amazing! And your writing and story idea is absolutely fantastic! I applaud your awesomeness at this writing thing! You will be one of the people I study to make my writing even better :)
justjuice chapter 31 . 11/1/2011
please please let it be jeremy. it wont make sense if its seth unless she druged his drink! just end this story in a happily ever after :D
justjuice chapter 11 . 11/1/2011
that last bit was epicc!
justjuice chapter 10 . 11/1/2011
i kept thinking she was trying to be her brother when becoming a lesbian and licking girls! u know to keep him alive in her own way
justjuice chapter 9 . 11/1/2011
nice name for noras friend karma!
justjuice chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
what they did was very slack but i love seth!
justjuice chapter 7 . 11/1/2011
explains alot!
justjuice chapter 6 . 11/1/2011
archer and jesse dont really suit anyway! seeds on the other hand ;) ;)
656 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »