Reviews for Be Grateful
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Yes! I adore this! Sir? You’re so awesome. Really, you are.

I like the subtle rhyme between “die” and “I.” I’m not sure if it was intention, but it worked beautifully.

This felt like a gentle warning with a somewhat serious tone, and I really enjoyed that, as well.

I’m a huge fan of rain and nature, so I definitely dug this one. :D
AvidWriter-92 chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Hey, Sir. :)

I liked this poem a lot. :) Partially because I LOVE the rain, and also because what you say is true. :)

The whole feeling that I got from this poem was happiness. Which is sort of weird, considering that it's talking about death. :P But, I think that it might be because it's rhyming. :P I don't know.

Anyways...

I think that the last line feels a little out of place; it doesn't really flow rhythmically with the rest of the lines... Just saying.

Great work. :) I liked it a lot!

Avid. :) GF.
lookingwest chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Short and sweet :) I like the little rhyme here though it doesn't seem to have a stanza end rhyme unless it's maybe...ABCB, in which case I think it would be a suitable stanza of a tetrameter poem-I would have liked to see more with it! It's very cute though and I also like how it kind of reminds me of something I would tell a child if they were complaining about the rain or something...or anyone, really, who was getting on my nerves about not liking rain. I love it when it rains, so that would be another reason I like this-I completely agree with it! XD

from the review marathon (link in my profile)
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
this is very true!
deefective chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Prize For Review Marathon!

Well, I really enjoyed this piece. I liked how the rhyming was obvious but it didn't feel forced. Also, I liked the fact that this piece was short and sweet. If it had gone on for longer it would've been rambling and re-stating and sometimes that can work but not for this. Furthermore, the whole idea of the piece intrigued me. Why is it that we would die without the rain? There's the obvious answer that we can't live without water. And then there's the not so obvious one that's open to interpretation. Nicely done.
Kate Marshall chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
The third and last prize review by me, Review Squader, for the April Review Marathon. Congrats on second place!

Interesting word choice in this. It sounds very old-fashioned. Which I think is somewhat refreshing from the many rain-themed poems here at FP. It gives this a little more originality compared to everything else.

And your rhyme is cool. When I started reading, I didn't expect it to rhyme, so it was a nice touch. It helped the poem to feel more poetic. This /is/ so short, so I liked how, despite the small amount of words, you effectively made your point and still sounded very poetic.

-Peach/Kate
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Seems informal, the the rhythm makes up for it. Perfect length, leaving a trail of thoughts )

fleur
Chasing Skylines chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Oh, I liked this. The rhyming at the end was smooth and didn't feel inconsistent with the remainder of the piece.

I also liked the topic. It's a good thing to remember.

I do feel it could've been more poetic and stronger, but it's fine as it is; straightforward in its message.

- Review Marathon, link in profile.
FaithMemory chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
I love the 'die' and 'I' rhyme. I like this poem, yeah, and true I think. :) nice one!
your blind date chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
Back for dessert.

It's raining here, so this looked like a quick treat that fit my mood.

Punctuation - good. I could see this without any (more fluid in keeping with water) but overall I think the pauses add value.

It holds together with a clear rhyme/reason. I would however have liked it to be longer. Rain has so much imagery it felt a bit wasted.

*goes in search of more cookies*

B.D.
Isca chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Short. Simple. Sweet.

'God is in the rain.'
Harmonic Discord chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I love it! Sure, it's a bit short, but it's cute and clever. It's almost like a haiku in that you get straight to the point. It works. Nicely done!

And I agree. We need rain here. Our garden is doing terribly. :-\
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
I liked this piece because the rhyming was nice, but not awkward like happens a lot in short pieces. I also like the message because it is so true. Nice job!

PS If youre bored this weekend check out the Review Game's Review Marathon (link in my profile)
person is gone chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
Interesting It's rare that I enjoy something this short... the first few lines are just there and they're fine, but then the last line just catches you and sums it all up and makes this little poem all the way worth it. Very nicely done

Moon's Poetess
Ammom chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Short, simple, to the point. I like that. It makes a good point too, lol