Reviews for Kiss the Stars
Sir Scott chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
I liked the thought of that poem. I agree hugging a star would be hard.

~SirScott
Sincerely- Your Worst Enemy chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Cute! At first, I was a little set off by your untraditional form of a haiku, but when I reread it, I actually appreciated it more for that fact! I don't know how to describe it, but it made it more...real? Narrative? No, those aren't the words. I don't know! -cries- But I really liked it! Definitely on favorites for me! GREAT JOB!

) Kay
horse237 chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
This is a creative view of nature. I hope to read more of your work!

Sincerly,

me.
concerto49 chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
It's actually debatable in the sense that you have each line linking to the next and that it isn't rightfully on its own. It actually makes it a little bit less smooth.

Kissing because they cannot be hugged...I'm not too sure. It's okay, just perhaps..it's one of those yes/no ideas.

Anyhow. Cool. Cheers.
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
This was a sweet little poem. Nice work.

P.S. Woah... a lot of reviews for one poem.
CandleQueen chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
I guess it would kinda hurt if you hugged a star. lol Kisses aren't much better...but it was a nice poem. _

-Ramen
SpeedingCars8 chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
i thought this was pretty. although i'm not used to the run-on kind of haikus, i think the wording was well done. you know you're talented when you can make the reader picture things. Like, what is it like to kiss the stars. And why can't we hug them? lol great job, loved it.
Definition chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
Aww, this is lovely and so adorable.

Thought-provoking - makes me think of a little girl reaching up to the stars. So sweet and innocent...I really like this. It's so, how should I put it, HAPPY. xD (You know, there aren't many true happy compositions on FP like this one) Definite fav.

Nice job! I know you'll be a great haiku writer :)

Thanks for the review, too.
poemkitten7 chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
Aww. Haha. Very clever and cute. I like the imagery it gives off. ] -Sara
McQuinn chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
I had a difficult time finding a personal take-away message to this haiku. I think it's because I'm taking it very literally. :p I mean, I asked myself, "Wait, so the stars can't be hugged, but they can be kissed? What does that *mean*?" Maybe "Reach up and kiss the stars" is actually another (and definitely less trite) way of saying "reach for the stars." Guh, I wish I knew what this all meant, though. Why must we kiss the stars when they twinkle? And why can we kiss the stars, but not hug them?

This was beautiful and baffling. A very nice first haiku; I can't wait to read more!

-McQuinn
lymli chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
it's a sweet imagery :) made me smile.
Koki Enwai chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
I really like this.

Very true, because I think that everyone can relate to it in one way or another.

Short, sweet, and simple. Way to go.
sarobando chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Very cute and creative!
Her Wishing Well chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Cute - i like the innocence and yet kind of sadness behind this.
Methuselah Renard chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
That's pretty creative, actually; I was expecting less. This makes me think of how little kids must feel when they kiss tall people, having to stand up on their tippy toes.
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »