Reviews for Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
Islandcutie chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
I kinda wanted to ask you to beta read my story but your pm is disabled so um yeah let me know.
Samantha chapter 5 . 5/31/2010
This is the first really good teacher/student story I've been able to find on the internet and it hasn't been updated for two years. x_x My soul, it hurts. Nonetheless, well done. Keep on writing.
tenshinanashi chapter 4 . 10/23/2007
okay. well, i've always found teacher/student relations interesting. It's also funny to hear that they actually may know if you like them. Makes me think of seventh grade and the new science teacher, half the female pop was into him.
Calliope Confetti chapter 4 . 7/3/2007
You’ve had me hooked on this story since you posted your first draft on the authority figure community. Then—just as the story began to gain momentum, just as I began to love and identify with the characters, just as I was baited and began to check daily for updates—you stopped writing. And this cessation led to eventual deletion. I’m very happy you have resurrected this lovely little gem once again. There is certainly a lack of well written stories dealing in the subject of teacher/student love, don’t you agree? I like that Laurie is not the stereotypical blonde bombshell seducing the Hollywood hunk; your story is real, and it resonates with me. I am not new to loving teachers (love that has always been, sadly and strictly unrequited :[ ). In fact, Allan shares some endearing qualities with my Richard. I hope that Laurie gets to experience the brazen love affair she’s been anticipating for so long, from which I may be able to achieve some vicarious satisfaction, haha. I am a hopeless romantic. In conclusion, I wish you luck with your writing. I promise further reviews for future chapters.

Your avid reader,

Jessica
Leighton Carrington chapter 4 . 6/20/2007
The characters have come out in the past two chapters, they are becoming very distinct and likeable. Props go to you, it's hard to create characters that are so easy to follow and understand, but I haven't found a weak point in them yet. There were a few typos, but nothing serious. this story is coming along nicely, I will be following this.
Leighton Carrington chapter 2 . 6/20/2007
Hey, it's certainly been a while since I've read any of your work. Sorry about that! But I have definetly kept your works monitored, so I see there is a lot for me to catch up on.

This first chapter opened things up pretty well. You have chosen some interesting characters, and despite it being the first chapter, you dove right in to leading the story through it's plot. It's well structured so far. I look forward to reading more.
Alexi Lupin chapter 4 . 6/15/2007
Hehehe smooth, Alan. Smooth.
Alexi Lupin chapter 3 . 6/14/2007
Awesome! Can't wait for the next chapter!

I don't think I ever said on the last one, but I really love your characters, and how Laurie isn't this classically beautiful girl, and Alan isn't some young coach. It makes it realistic. D