Reviews for Color
Saran D. Pity chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Well written, very real I like the part "he lives for color". Thought envoking.
Kindre Turnany chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
You used passive voice. That disgusts me. I mean: don't. It's best to avoid "is" and other such to be verbs altogether, but passive voice doesn't deserve to exist. I feel like I'm nitpicking, but it bothers me. And other than that it was amazing, so there's not much else for me to say.
Black and White Dreams chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
this is really amazing.

i long to set something on fire now...

i loved that line

"arson is such an ugly word."

it ties everything together at the end.

the imagery in this is breathtaking.

amazing job.

Black and White Dreams
tuieri chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
lovely. absolutely lovely. pyromania is such a strange thing.

now i itch for a lighter.
Kusje chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
It is an ugly word.
seventhchords chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
Wow. I loved the imagery and emotion present, and I thought you used just the right words to express yourself here. It's psychologically unsettling, but I liked it on a whole. Nice work.
Chidori Nadare chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
The imagery of the poem is beautiful. But I really don't know why he set his house on fire. You creep me out with the guy. One word to describe him: insane. The line "Arson is such an ugly word." is a nice way to end the poem. Good poem.

-C.N
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
konichi wa

The first word that comes to mind when I read this poem is: psychotic. The person sounds psychotic. I can picture the person being pulled to the ground and handcuffed and wearing a delusional, twisted smirk. And "Arson is such an ugly word" just added to that feeling.

It was inspired by the news? What news was that? What happened?

Zaijen

-Shan-
DarkBlysse chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
"Arson is such an ugly word.

He set them free."

-Wow. That's intensely harsh, man. But in a good way. It made me shudder, because I've seen people like that on the news before. And the part about the pills made it even creepier, I think. I love how you repeated "Arson is such an ugly word" at the end-it finished off the poem wonderfully.
buorin chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
The poem is very descriptive that when reading, I feel I can see the image for myself. However, I don't really get his motive for setting the house on fire, and if I'm not mistaken, there are people inside? I don't get the rattling pills, are the people trying to die or is he mentally ill he needed medicine? Well, he is obsessed with color...

_ I like it though. Good job.
Ashelin chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
As I read this I couldn't help but grind my teeth. I seem to have a soft-spot for arson these days. It's a dirty word for a dirty deed. Good poem. I think you captured the feeling. But I think you should have put more power into it. The thrill of the control, of the lack of control. Maybe you just didn't want to go that far into it. It was still good.