Reviews for Okay, but seriously
writerxdrama chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Cringingly accurate about the fact that we like to talk about ourselves.

Yup selfishness is another part of humane nature but not all the time.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME
epsilon103 chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
I completely agree. Most of the time when I write a poem or something I would like a compliment, but the other day I was criticized. Funny, at the time I felt insecure, and wanted to run, but later I felt as though i had gotten good advice. It really is true, when you say that humans naturally want a high self esteem. We are definitely a selfish race.

Lol long comment _
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
for the most part i found all this true. we are all selfish in some way or another at sometimes we have to be selfish to better our lives...

i found the constructive criticism part partly true yeah some people really cant handle constructive criticism because sometimes it can be hurtful to hear that you did something wrong and it kinda makes you feel stupid to have your mistakes pointed out but some people while they may not like it know its important and can realize when they made a mistake.

haha wow long review...this was good, true, & insightful. i liked the ending.
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
You make good points...Though...Some people (like moi! lol) can handle criticisim really well...Just not flamers...lol

Peace.
NJ Fatuzzo chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
Heh. That was a good read, and definitely true, for the most part. However, I (and it's probably just me) like it when people point out faults in my stories, so I can fix them. Otherwise, I look like an idiot. It's better to look like an idiot in front of one person, than 100.

Well, that was my "constructive criticism".

And thanks for reviewing my story, as well.
Outsider Looking In chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
It is absolutly true.I liked it.
Bazooka Joy chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Haha this is amusing as well as mostly true. Sometimes you have to put the truth out there whether people like it or not. I'm not going to be quick to say like a lot of people who read this and smack down your idea by saying "oh, it's not true, not all people are like that, we're not selfish" ...etc. Maybe your forceful way of putting things made them jump to the defense.

Human beings are naturally selfish. If you want to be successful...you HAVE to be selfish in some way. And the constructive criticism part is true for people who only write just to be writing. There are very few people here who actually plan on becoming successful authors so they tend to be into criticism a bit. When I see "if you review mine, I'll review yours" then they don't appear to take writing seriously. Those who respond with a "lol that was great" or "cool, write more!" only wrote those reviews just to be writing one in hopes of getting one back.

You got the general idea of what's going on and I can't tear you apart because of it. True, you're not a psychologist but you're human. Deep down we're all the same!

Or most of us anyways.
Johannas mirror chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
Ok, here's one, what about the girl who loves being flamed?

aka...um...me?

Jojo.
Purpose chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
Alright, yes we are all selfish in one way or another. But I won't apologize for it, I'm sorry that's just the way I am. (oh lord I hope you got that). Not I would say motivational, but definitly insightful (I'll admit I do it all the time).
GirlWithTheBrokenSmile chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
Sadly, all of that is true. Especially the "selfish race" part. We've got that down to a tee. (I never really understood that expression. "Down to a tee"...)
The Psychopath Blonde chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Criticism? Why? It's funny! And well written, too. Although, I actually do appreciate constructive criticism. I've got to admit, though, that reviews containing compliments do make me happier. It's sad, isn't it, that to be famous, in many cases at least, it really does help to be selfish?
Elphius L. Doge chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
You have a point, but it's not necessarilly true for everyone. *raise your eyebrows* I know from my own experiences, and from other people's experience (because I do like to listen to other people, who are real, and not Oprah or Dr. Phil, or any other celebrity that I DON'T know about).

Like I said before though, you have a point, people act that way. While I can't say you're right, I also can't say you're wrong.

It feels better to be a giver, and a nice person though.
asylum writer chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
This may be true about some people, but not everyone. I listen to people's problems because I actually care, not because I'm waiting to talk about my problems. And some people actually do want constructive criticism. I do. Compliments are great, but you're never going to get any better if that's all you get. Constructive criticism is not "just criticism" as you say. It's called constructive because it helps you improve your writing. It's reviews like "this story sucks" that are "just criticism" (or undeserved nastiness) and not constructive criticism.

By the way, you might be interested to read the note that comes up when you go to submit a reivew:

"It is extremely helpful to use this opportunity to comment on an aspect of the story that can be improved. A well rounded critique is often the most rewarding tool for the writer."
Lost Shepherd chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
Hi, it's me, I already reviewed a few of your pieces, and I think you're an excellent author. I really liked the ideas in this one, and the forcefull ways in which you enforced them. I said it before, and I'll say it again, I patiently await further literary transactions between us. By the way, here's your constructive criticism, but you're not going to like it:

...

...Okay, I guessI couldn't really think of anything besides a typo, but you said, in the end of the last, large paragraph, "...job done, and [LIFE] like you want to!" Anyways... seeya.
The Mumbling Sage chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
You don't know what you're talking about, idiotbird or whatever your name is.

No seriously, people do in fact want CC. Otherwise, why don't we just send out for publishing?

Durdurdur...

YourWorstNightmare6 does not appear to be on this site.

Farewell.