Reviews for Ignorance is Sunshine
silently watching chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
wonderful. I love how it starts as the experience of dreams and how they are sweet, happy, beautiful, but you almost hate them for it out of envy. Then it changes to the difference between reality and dreams, a theme that I adore. Next we have analasis (sp?) of fear and human nature, another favorite theme of mine. Then the last two stanzas just might as well me by middle name (a little too long though, hm...) they totally summarize how I anguish and find calm in the strange things and places that spawn fear and misery in others. Always striving to please but failing...

Honestly, this was really great, you are very skilled.

Don't stop!

silently watching
M. Edmondson chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
On the line Boxing us into the normal the conformity you should have taken a pass after the normal or placed a question mark to make it poem I believe is about a girl that is different in this society that she is living in and they fear her because of her differences.

By the end of the passage I'm getting a sense that she is dead and the society is still terrified of her and still talks harshly about her even after her death.

The first line of the second verse doesn't make everybody knows that everything pretends. (Maybe a typo.)

I have to admit nothing about this poem really stood out. It was all pretty blunt and the odd ball girl of the conformity is a little overdone.

The up lifting part of the poem was probably the end as she rather be dead with the done souls than in a society with ignorant conformist.

Still I'll be reading more of your poetry, I hope you have more story lines in your other poems.
Stella Grimshaw chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
You are an amazing writer, hands down.
SirScott chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
Dead things smell bad. Yeah, pleasing yourself is one of the hardest things to do.

SirScott
tblahhh chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
i really liked this.

it's a good read, and it gives you something to think about.
Kissing Concrete chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
really beautiful. the words just seem to flow and it feels so honest. and i love the whole "non-conforming" message. GOOD JOB!
Dehydrated Hyena chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
Unusually evocative. The focus on images worked well. So did the combination of concrete and abstract terms. Each stanza's idea was clear. Overall good job.