Reviews for Defying Gravity in Ballroom Gowns
Setsuna529 chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
"Because with you rain is only a state of mind" - this line made me smile.

I really like the carefree, imaginative, bright tone of this poem... the doubt expressed in the final lines makes a really sharp contrast to the rest of it though, brings that light-heartedness back to grounding in reality, changes the whole mood of the poem. Interesting, very.
CandleQueen chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
That was pretty good. My favorite stanza is: I miss you

The sugary sound of your voice

Rubbing against the telephone

Saying everything so wrong it’s right

Or maybe the other way around

I thought that was well put. _

SirScott chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
I like how you stated that rain was just a state of mind that a deep thought to ponder over.

fairytale failure chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
'because with you rain is only a state of mind'

oh my god, I love that!

This poem is really sweet and almost-innocent, it is really thoughtful and creative. Great job!
M. Edmondson chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Finally, a real poet. It's prose, but I like it, it still has a magical since to it. My favorite line would have to be "Tickling my eyes with brief forever fantasies" You've been able to create orgasmic poetry.

Any I don't think I like the usage of the word sticky, though your poetry is in its on little way taboo and different. I really urge you to keep writing poetry as I will keep reading it.
smile for the sunshine chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
That was really good. Really well written. You are an excellent poet. Keep up the great writing. ]
she smolders chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
The way you describe life feels so real and reads so beautiful in your poetry. This was just amazing.
Lady Glass chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Absolutely beautiful :) Your imagery is perfect, and the flow is divine. I could completely relate until the last two lines, and the last two stanzas before those last two lines gave me chills because of how...exactly...they matched my current situation with someone. I must admit, it gave me chills. :) You're a wonderful writer, and I look forward to reading more of yours in the future! :)

Much love and big kisses,

Lady Glass
Choke on this chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
the title drew me in and i fell in love with the rest

very relatable and needless to say, beautiful
filipinopride chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
interesting poem... very... poetic? haha sorry i don't really know what to say. All i know is that it's good.
Nonya Soum chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
Beautiful. Sad and happy. Really cool imagery. I think I've said it before and I'll say it again and again... Your poetry is AMAZING! It's completely original and unique. I like it. This poem is no exception, I really like the lines "But staying dry as sunshine/Because with you rain is only a state of mind" They're cool. In fact, the entire poem is cool. Great job! (again)

Write on!
Faith Adeline chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
this is a really good poem. It's sweet and sad all at the same time. Just because you could everything for the person you love and get nothing in return. Keep it up