Reviews for Defying Gravity in Ballroom Gowns
Setsuna529 chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
"Because with you rain is only a state of mind" - this line made me smile.

I really like the carefree, imaginative, bright tone of this poem... the doubt expressed in the final lines makes a really sharp contrast to the rest of it though, brings that light-heartedness back to grounding in reality, changes the whole mood of the poem. Interesting, very.
The Candle Thief chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
That was pretty good. My favorite stanza is: I miss you

The sugary sound of your voice

Rubbing against the telephone

Saying everything so wrong it’s right

Or maybe the other way around

I thought that was well put. _

-Ramen
SirScott chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
I like how you stated that rain was just a state of mind that a deep thought to ponder over.

SirScott
fairytale failure chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
'because with you rain is only a state of mind'

oh my god, I love that!

This poem is really sweet and almost-innocent, it is really thoughtful and creative. Great job!
M. Edmondson chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Finally, a real poet. It's prose, but I like it, it still has a magical since to it. My favorite line would have to be "Tickling my eyes with brief forever fantasies" You've been able to create orgasmic poetry.

Any I don't think I like the usage of the word sticky, though your poetry is in its on little way taboo and different. I really urge you to keep writing poetry as I will keep reading it.
smile for the sunshine chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
That was really good. Really well written. You are an excellent poet. Keep up the great writing. ]
she smolders chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
The way you describe life feels so real and reads so beautiful in your poetry. This was just amazing.
Lady Glass chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Absolutely beautiful :) Your imagery is perfect, and the flow is divine. I could completely relate until the last two lines, and the last two stanzas before those last two lines gave me chills because of how...exactly...they matched my current situation with someone. I must admit, it gave me chills. :) You're a wonderful writer, and I look forward to reading more of yours in the future! :)

Much love and big kisses,

Lady Glass
Choke on this chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
the title drew me in and i fell in love with the rest

very relatable and needless to say, beautiful
filipinopride chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
interesting poem... very... poetic? haha sorry i don't really know what to say. All i know is that it's good.
Nonya Soum chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
Beautiful. Sad and happy. Really cool imagery. I think I've said it before and I'll say it again and again... Your poetry is AMAZING! It's completely original and unique. I like it. This poem is no exception, I really like the lines "But staying dry as sunshine/Because with you rain is only a state of mind" They're cool. In fact, the entire poem is cool. Great job! (again)

Write on!
Faith Adeline chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
this is a really good poem. It's sweet and sad all at the same time. Just because you could everything for the person you love and get nothing in return. Keep it up

Faith