Reviews for On the Way to Ever After: Ivy and Miguel Tell All
Hey chapter 20 . 6/1
I can't believe you updated, I had given up hope but I still check sometimes because I love your story, characters, writing so much, and suddenly! An update, years later. Thank you for letting us be a part of all this, and it's good to know that it is still alive, but moving glacially. I was reading until 4 am because I had to re-read some chapters before I could get to this one and get the proper feeling leading up to this. It's still is as wonderful, funny and exciting reading it now as it was reading it some years ago.

Regarding this chapter, the re-telling of what Ivy went through was necessary but horrible, and I can see how it is so important for the development of their relationship. I loved that you can see the connection grow deeper, with Miguel going from "Ivy's perfect", to seeing the real her and still loving it in these last few chapters! Also, the reader gets a deeper understanding of Ivy, so we become more invested as well. And excited for the next time we meet Ivy, Miguel and Moira!
I love Miguel chapter 20 . 5/29
Oh and I love Canaletto's review... Totally agree!
I love Miguel chapter 20 . 5/29
What coincidence dear Author, I also just happened to meet my soul sister through your story...funny life ehh? :)
Glacial speed? I'm trying to think of something that moves even more slowly than that! Maybe.. A snail going from Mauritius to Manila? :p
BUT... I will always come back to this story no matter how long Madame takes to write it! I'm pretty sure it's the only I've been following for so long!
I remember how I was obsessed with it when I first discovered it. I thought you'd think I was spamming your review section. A few years later...I actually met an amazing woman with a quirky daughter because of this story. People don't believe me when I tell them. This story was such a blessing in so many ways.

Ivy's story was...hard to read to say the least. But I was somewhat prepared - I still remember being shocked by a flashback in earlier chapters, on bloody thighs, smell of vomit, chafing tiles and a door slamming shut.

But it's out in the open and Miguel never ceases to amaze me. And now... On to how they have to face peoples judgements and overcome that..

Oh and...ahem... Crusty skin, rat breath, marshmallow eyes? Wait wait! Migs handing her HIS very own CRUSTY hankerchief?! I. Can't. Breathe.
Canaletto chapter 20 . 5/27
It took me a few tries to read this chapter. I'd stop, walk away for a bit, then come back. I did that more than once before I finished. I know I've said in earlier reviews that I am emotionally invested in these characters to an extent that I rarely feel, but ... wow. On the Way to Ever After just fell into the "can count on one hand" category. I really do need to reread this (again), because your writing makes me feel. Not in the "this looks like a good book hey it was a good book I'm glad I read it I might read again but probably not because there are other books to read" sense, but in a "this book invokes an emotional response" sense. And if I've worded myself poorly and those two things sound way too similar, I apologize, but this is the sort of story that I do reread because it doesn't stop making me feel after one go.

I moved on from FictionPress a few years ago, but I have kept my account solely so that I can keep your story on my alert list, so that I get the emails when you update, and so that I can keep leaving reviews. When people ask me about romance, or even just relationships (platonic or otherwise) in fiction in general, this is what I point them to. Honestly, when I'm struggling to write characters as more than two-dimensional, I read this to see how it is done.

Finally, if this review seems rambling or confusing or whatever, I'm sorry, but I'm the writer's equivalent of speechless right now. I can't put these feelings into words. If I can only say one thing clearly: this is so good. I can't express it to the extent I want, but I want to try.

Your story is so, so good.

Canaletto
choc me chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
Ahhhh I think I'll re-read the whole story again...not only do I need some good - amazing- reading material but I want to immerse myself in this world again since there's a very real possibility that I'll be seeing it for real...*sigh*
Choc me chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
Hello Moira...

It's early in the morning and I haven't slept. I wanted to wait until I read this chapter to review (concentration issues as it often happens with me) but I needed to say a few simple things, but which mean a lot to me.

I've already told you about my opinion on your incredibly amazing writing skills, so enough of fan gushing about that :) [Although I meant every word of it]

But what I really want to say today, right now, is that you've touched me more than I could put into words with your stories. I know that life's not always been easy on you and that you yourself can give you a really hard time...Not feeling good enough and all that stuff. And I sometimes wonder if you truly realise not only how gifted a writer you are, but what an inspiring person too. You have so much to give and you seem to give freely, probably without even realising at times, I'd bet.

We've never met in person, but I learned so much from you and your stories. If I had to guess I'd say you're an old soul, wise beyond what even you can comprehend.

I've read good stories, I've read great stories, but I can truthfully say and without any false flattery that none of them moved me and taught me and so much more that your stories. My favourite being - as you surely know- "On the way to ever after".

If I were half as good with words as you I'd try to tell why and how exactly this very peculiar story moved and changed my life, but I don't think I could ever do it justice...

Just know that you amaze me. And Although we've never met in person, I love you... (Ahem in a platonic, sisterly, kindred spirit kind of way - Although I've don't have any problems with Lesbians! - But just so we're clear and I don't come across as creepy :)

(Did you know that when I came across your story I almost did not click on it because of the age difference? That would've been such a big, sorry mistake...All it took was one click..can you imagine that? Life is so...I don't have the words)
Choc me chapter 3 . 12/2/2014
Okayyyyy I have to ask...When Ivy was 20 she looked like she was 12. At the time this interview is taking place Ivy is 25 yeah? But how old does she physically look like?

Oh and it doesn't matter how long you take to update this, it's worth the wait...
Choc me chapter 2 . 12/2/2014
Here I am reading this fic all over again... My fav plushie :-)
Choc me chapter 19 . 12/1/2014
Hey Moira...I was tired of reading mindless fluff and half decently written fics, so I came back to this..(I admit I'm a snob when it comes to reading..) But mostly I needed some comfort and as far as fiction goes, this fic is it for me..
I saw that you've uploaded a new fic but right now I'm not feeling great and don't feel like meeting new characters.. I just want to get lost in something familiar, comforting, which brings me warmth...
choc me chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
Sorry m'lady, cough syrup tend to make me a little loopy...and though my words are mostly a convoluted mess, the sentiments behind them are heartfelt... 3
Choc me chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
I want - no demand! - more of that awesomeness!
Guest chapter 19 . 1/9/2014
Omg the last to chapters made me cry with all the emotional turmoil for both of them not knowing how the other feels, being up against everyone not really aproving of the relationship or of Ivy. Lala is so ... just there, sometimes its like just give him room to breath! Haha
i like that Migs finally really SAW Ivy for the first time as the more complacated person she is, and it made him realise how he had judged her. It made the interaction real. I fallin in love with these two charaters and their struggle to get together.

Ive had this story in my favs for ages and i only remember reading the first few chaps so when i saw youve updated i HAD to reread this again!. Keep going its great :)
CameliaLisha chapter 19 . 1/7/2014
BUHAY KA!

Buhay ka! Buhay ka! Buhay ka! Nag-update ka! Nag-update ka! NAG-UPDATE KA!

*hyperventilates*

Oh my gosh! You have no idea how happy this makes me! You, madam, have just completed my day!

I'm so happy that Ivy finally 'confessed' to Migs. Even if she didn't know it was him she was really talking to. I laughed when Migs confessed only to realized that Ivy was already sleeping. XD Poor Migs.

But really. I'm intrigued. Did Ivy got raped by her bastard-of-an-uncle? That bastard's attitude makes me think so. I pity Ivy. So pretty, but most guys who goes after her are all tarantado.

Kudos to a great chapter at isa ding Manigong Bagong taon sa iyo!

:D
choc me chapter 19 . 12/30/2013
- Review continued -

(I was afraid FP would truncate my review - as it's done too may times - so I'm posting it in two parts for safe measures!)

One over thing I really feel should be mentioned, is how you've been able to show their character growth, while still keeping them perfectly in character and true to themselves. You write to different POVs in the first person and yet each voice is so distinct and that's even more impressive given that you've been writing this for a few years now!

You know what? I know I've read this story a couple of times, but I feel drawn to it, so much so that I'm gonna go over the whole thing once again. I still remember how even a few months after discovering this story, I'd go back to it, even late at night, whenever I needed some comfort :) I don't know if you realise it, that you can really touch people and bring warmth and comfort to them..

I'm really, really looking forward to reading more, but I'll wait as long as need be, cause as I've said before, it's totally worth it.. Ohhhh and for a little moment, I was afraid this was the end of the story, but it's not, right? It can't be over so soon..

One more thing: Would you consider also posting this to wattpad? A lot of Fp writers are moving their stuff to wattpad, and it's becoming more popular. Your stories and talent could get more recognition. And I really like their layouts, and how the site is managed. People can comment, follow authors to get updates, and vote for each chapter. The more votes you get, the more it propels you in the limelight of the site and you get more exposure.

I hope you're feeling better and that you'll quickly recover from you uber flu,

Happy New Year to you too :)

(big bear hug)
choc me chapter 19 . 12/30/2013
Hey girl! I was happy to see an update for this amazing story! Although I was expecting it when you mentioned a gift :P

I've missed this, more than I had realised. I've missed Miguel and Ivy a whole lot. And as always, it was well worth the wait :) Those past few days, I've been browsing the net looking for stories - published and unpublished- that could distract me, and draw me in and make me feel strongly about the characters, and I kept being disappointed over and over. Most I came across seemed trite, repetitive, with flat, one dimensional characters that I couldn't be bothered with. Oh and the writing...What's up with editors I wonder...Sorry! I know I'm being negative but it just annoys me and anyway, the point is, I'm really, really glad I found your stories. I know I've told you before, probably several times, but you're really gifted - your writing is amazingly good, the words and sentences flow naturally, and the characters feel so, so real and raw. Everything fits so simply and beautifully that I often feel like you're talking about real people and events that actually took place. And it makes my heart ache a little thinking that they're just fictional characters. Your ability to bring your characters to life and make the readers care so much about them is just...wow.. I guess it's what you can real talent :) I remember how I totally had a crush on Miguel when I first came across your story, and it would fill me with a floaty, happy feeling that left me sighing and smiling in a goofy way.. I loved and still love how Ivy is flawed- she might be a beauty but there's so much more to her than that, and in this chapter you've managed to really show this. She's not perfect, in fact she's pretty messed up and damaged, and you haven't romanticised this the way a lot of authors do. There's nothing pretty about abuse and that twisted relationship with her yucky tito. And you wrote that in such a raw way, that I think it's one of my favourite scenes in the whole story: Miguel seeing the 'real' Ivy, stripped bare, and accepting her and loving her just as she is.

To tell you the truth, I've grown a bit bitter and cynical where love is concerned (as if a part of me is locked up and can't feel as much), so I'm not as touched as when I first started reading your stories, but it still managed to move me; I smiled, I cared, my heart even ached at times for them (and a little for me I admit :) ), and I even laughed out loud at this:
"We were a sight both of us - our faces red and puffy, tears and mucus dripping from various orifices..." - which is possibly my favourite sentence in this whole chapter. What I mean to say is that, I haven't felt this way while reading for a long time, so thank you for that :)

Another of my favourite sentences in this chapter is: "...she was crying again. "You stand there looking like him, talking like him, and you ask me what happened?" And I also think this sentence for some reason is the one that touched me the most in this chapter, and made my little heart ache and feel comforted at the same time. I remember telling you that your story made me feel hope, and I'm surprised and grateful that it managed to bring some of that back. I'm feeling again, and that's just priceless sis..oh wow, I'm getting a little teary for some reason and it feels good...I thought I was becoming too blasé to feel this way about a story any more, and you just proved that I could :) I'm sorry if I'm babbling and if this doesn't make sense..
167 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »