Reviews for On the Way to Ever After: Ivy and Miguel Tell All
Guest chapter 19 . 1/9
Omg the last to chapters made me cry with all the emotional turmoil for both of them not knowing how the other feels, being up against everyone not really aproving of the relationship or of Ivy. Lala is so ... just there, sometimes its like just give him room to breath! Haha
i like that Migs finally really SAW Ivy for the first time as the more complacated person she is, and it made him realise how he had judged her. It made the interaction real. I fallin in love with these two charaters and their struggle to get together.

Ive had this story in my favs for ages and i only remember reading the first few chaps so when i saw youve updated i HAD to reread this again!. Keep going its great :)
CameliaLisha chapter 19 . 1/7
BUHAY KA!

Buhay ka! Buhay ka! Buhay ka! Nag-update ka! Nag-update ka! NAG-UPDATE KA!

*hyperventilates*

Oh my gosh! You have no idea how happy this makes me! You, madam, have just completed my day!

I'm so happy that Ivy finally 'confessed' to Migs. Even if she didn't know it was him she was really talking to. I laughed when Migs confessed only to realized that Ivy was already sleeping. XD Poor Migs.

But really. I'm intrigued. Did Ivy got raped by her bastard-of-an-uncle? That bastard's attitude makes me think so. I pity Ivy. So pretty, but most guys who goes after her are all tarantado.

Kudos to a great chapter at isa ding Manigong Bagong taon sa iyo!

:D
choc me chapter 19 . 12/30/2013
- Review continued -

(I was afraid FP would truncate my review - as it's done too may times - so I'm posting it in two parts for safe measures!)

One over thing I really feel should be mentioned, is how you've been able to show their character growth, while still keeping them perfectly in character and true to themselves. You write to different POVs in the first person and yet each voice is so distinct and that's even more impressive given that you've been writing this for a few years now!

You know what? I know I've read this story a couple of times, but I feel drawn to it, so much so that I'm gonna go over the whole thing once again. I still remember how even a few months after discovering this story, I'd go back to it, even late at night, whenever I needed some comfort :) I don't know if you realise it, that you can really touch people and bring warmth and comfort to them..

I'm really, really looking forward to reading more, but I'll wait as long as need be, cause as I've said before, it's totally worth it.. Ohhhh and for a little moment, I was afraid this was the end of the story, but it's not, right? It can't be over so soon..

One more thing: Would you consider also posting this to wattpad? A lot of Fp writers are moving their stuff to wattpad, and it's becoming more popular. Your stories and talent could get more recognition. And I really like their layouts, and how the site is managed. People can comment, follow authors to get updates, and vote for each chapter. The more votes you get, the more it propels you in the limelight of the site and you get more exposure.

I hope you're feeling better and that you'll quickly recover from you uber flu,

Happy New Year to you too :)

(big bear hug)
choc me chapter 19 . 12/30/2013
Hey girl! I was happy to see an update for this amazing story! Although I was expecting it when you mentioned a gift :P

I've missed this, more than I had realised. I've missed Miguel and Ivy a whole lot. And as always, it was well worth the wait :) Those past few days, I've been browsing the net looking for stories - published and unpublished- that could distract me, and draw me in and make me feel strongly about the characters, and I kept being disappointed over and over. Most I came across seemed trite, repetitive, with flat, one dimensional characters that I couldn't be bothered with. Oh and the writing...What's up with editors I wonder...Sorry! I know I'm being negative but it just annoys me and anyway, the point is, I'm really, really glad I found your stories. I know I've told you before, probably several times, but you're really gifted - your writing is amazingly good, the words and sentences flow naturally, and the characters feel so, so real and raw. Everything fits so simply and beautifully that I often feel like you're talking about real people and events that actually took place. And it makes my heart ache a little thinking that they're just fictional characters. Your ability to bring your characters to life and make the readers care so much about them is just...wow.. I guess it's what you can real talent :) I remember how I totally had a crush on Miguel when I first came across your story, and it would fill me with a floaty, happy feeling that left me sighing and smiling in a goofy way.. I loved and still love how Ivy is flawed- she might be a beauty but there's so much more to her than that, and in this chapter you've managed to really show this. She's not perfect, in fact she's pretty messed up and damaged, and you haven't romanticised this the way a lot of authors do. There's nothing pretty about abuse and that twisted relationship with her yucky tito. And you wrote that in such a raw way, that I think it's one of my favourite scenes in the whole story: Miguel seeing the 'real' Ivy, stripped bare, and accepting her and loving her just as she is.

To tell you the truth, I've grown a bit bitter and cynical where love is concerned (as if a part of me is locked up and can't feel as much), so I'm not as touched as when I first started reading your stories, but it still managed to move me; I smiled, I cared, my heart even ached at times for them (and a little for me I admit :) ), and I even laughed out loud at this:
"We were a sight both of us - our faces red and puffy, tears and mucus dripping from various orifices..." - which is possibly my favourite sentence in this whole chapter. What I mean to say is that, I haven't felt this way while reading for a long time, so thank you for that :)

Another of my favourite sentences in this chapter is: "...she was crying again. "You stand there looking like him, talking like him, and you ask me what happened?" And I also think this sentence for some reason is the one that touched me the most in this chapter, and made my little heart ache and feel comforted at the same time. I remember telling you that your story made me feel hope, and I'm surprised and grateful that it managed to bring some of that back. I'm feeling again, and that's just priceless sis..oh wow, I'm getting a little teary for some reason and it feels good...I thought I was becoming too blasé to feel this way about a story any more, and you just proved that I could :) I'm sorry if I'm babbling and if this doesn't make sense..
Skyterra chapter 19 . 12/29/2013
Hi,

I'm really glad you updated! However, I think something went wrong with the autoformat or whatever, because there are A LOT of misplaced words and repeated phrases that weren't edited out. Would you mind fixing that? I am having trouble reading this post. That would be great.

Thanks!

Sky
Canaletto chapter 19 . 12/29/2013
I don't want to end my review on a sour note, so I'm just going to get the bad news out of the way.

I don't know if it is the site, or if something went wrong with your file, but the formatting of this chapter's first half is all over the place. There are repeated words, changes in tense right next to each other, and places were it looks like two versions of a sentence have somehow been combined. Your grammar is usually excellent, which unfortunately only makes the problem areas more jarring. I would suggest you give the site-version of your chapter a read through, because there are a lot of problems. And it's a shame, because as always, you provide great content, and the word weirdness is a distraction.

Okay, that's out of the way.

This chapter. So much happens! One of the reasons I find your writing so compelling is that you always keep your characters grounded in reality. Sure, the misunderstandings between Miguel and Ivy make me want give them a shake, but those misunderstandings are always in character, and more importantly, human. What I like about this chapter, with all its ups and downs, is that there are no … mean-spirited surprises. I never feel like you make a revelation for the sake of shock value. Everything is very organic. Your story progresses naturally, and that you can keep it so given how long you've spent working on it, is frankly amazing. I have always been impressed that with every new chapter you've kept each character's voice and, well, character, consistent, both with their first apprentice and their development over the story's run. I know that's not easy, and I applaud your success.

Looking over my earlier reviews, I realize I've been reading "On The Way To Ever After" (not when I started) for about two and half years now, and if anything, I am even more engaged with the story then I was when I began. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece of fiction. And happy new year.

Canaletto
willow1122 chapter 18 . 8/13/2013
I cannot get over how beautiful your writing is. I can't wait to see what happens.
I look at the dates of your first posting, and your last update, and I think, she's still working on it. If you didn't finish it, I think this would be one of my top 5 unfinished stories to break my heart.
Keep up the great work.
CameliaLisha chapter 18 . 4/12/2013
Okay. Seriously. It's 1:34 in the morning and I'm still wide-awake reading your story! Do you have any idea what I Have to do to read this? I sneaked in our dormitory dean's office just to get hold of a computer and read your epic of a story!

I have only one word for you.

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Here I am, sitting in the dean's office and trying hard not to scream.

I have a soft spot for huge age-gaps were the boy is younger. Those stories are my favorites. Except they're quite rare. I AM SO GLAD I FOUND YOURS.

I love the fact that this is set in the Philippines (hallo kababayan!). I love Migs and Ivy. I love, love, love they're relationships. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Super KILIG!

I find Ivy funny. Her constant denials about her feelings towards Migs. I like her potty-mouth and the fact that she knows exactly how messed up things would be with Migs, yet still wishes for it. And Migs... oh Migs... where can I find a guy like him? A guy whose steadfast and so loyal. I so love them.

And is it funny that I don't hate Lala? Sure, I didn't like her being a backtalker, but I just see a girl whose desperately in love with a guy.

Ah, Mig's mother is annoying. His family is annoying. It's like I seriously want to find them and punch their faces. Serious;y, what's up with them?

All, in all, I LOVE YOUR STORY! Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Oh please, please do update! Your story brought out the side of me that likes and loves romantic story, the side that was hidden for so long. Please, please, please! I have never begged a writer to update before... but heck, I'm doing it right now! I implore your mercy!

I LOVE THIS STORY!

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
alanis chapter 18 . 10/26/2012
i've been reading this story for 3 years xD i constantly come back and reread all the chapters. haha. im still waiting for the next update. i love your story !
choc me chapter 18 . 7/16/2012
"I have to let him go, I decided as I stared down at the handkerchief. I have to make him understand that we can't be together. I have to make him see how wrong I am for him.

At least…at least I got to know what it would have been like to be his. The kisses we shared, the teasing and the laughter, the easy companionship, the warmth, the trust…I had a taste of that at least. It was just for a short while, but if that was all I was going to be given, then the memory of those few brief moments would have to last me a lifetime.

But I was grateful, nonetheless. Because at least I knew now that what Migs and I could have been…what we could have been together…was beautiful beyond compare."

Moira, you must know how much this part made my chest ache..I can't even begin to explain how it feels to be reading those lines..Although the words aren't exactly the same, I've had the same thoughts and the sentiment was just as real. More evidence of telepathic connection given that you wrote this way before knowing anything...(kinda scary?)

Else another great chapter, rich in emotion and frustration against Ivy being so stubborn and Lala being so clueless and bitchy!
InkWitch chapter 17 . 6/25/2012
I couldn't review Chapter 18 so I'm giving my review here.

BOWING DOWN TO YOUR MAGNIFICENCE YOU AMAZING WRITER YOU!

I sincerely hope that one day I reach your level of awesomeness and talent when it comes to writing. I don't even know how you make everything so amazingly perfect and touching and flawless and oh my god I nearly tore myself to tears at the end of this chapter. You really need to stop doing that to me.

I need to find a way to advertise this story so that more and more people read it. I want you to promise me that once you finish this story, you'll try and get it published. Promise? PLEASE? Because honestly, you are way too talented to remain anonymous.

Yep yep, it was Melissa. Must remember to send her cyber flowers for sending me here to read this magnificent masterpiece.

I would gush on and on but at one point that gets a little boring, even for the one receiving it. So I'm gonna end this review with a: I LOVE YOU AND DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT.
Canaletto chapter 17 . 6/21/2012
For some reason, my review for chapter 17 has been labeled as for chapter 18, which is weird, because it’s clearly dated from January. So because FictionPress only allows one review per chapter, I have to do a bit of mix up. Sorry. Anyway…

Chapter 18 depressed me. A lot.

Which is actually a good thing, because it opened my eyes to how much I’ve come to enjoy and care about these characters. I know I’ve gone on and on about how brilliant your writing is (because it is brilliant), but reading this chapter has made me realize that I’ve been selling you short. I’ve read published books that haven’t made me care about characters the way I care about Ivy and Miguel, and I know that I have never read a romance that has gotten me more emotionally invested than this one. I just finished reading the chapter, so I’m kind of awestruck right now, and I can’t think of a whole lot to say (which I’ll probably regret later), but I really wanted to write my review while I still had a hold of this feeling. Words escape me at moment.

Wow.

Canaletto
shweta kadam chapter 18 . 6/21/2012
wow! It really was the worst date ever...poor ivy...i feel like crying a little myself...this behaviour is another form of bulling,aint it? Feel like hitting migs in the head...cause he made ivy cry..even though i know itz not his fault... Loved the chapter(kinda hated it too...cause it made me sad)and i hate lala...i feel for her,i do ...but god cant she keep her pointy chin out of the great love of ivy and miguel and the bookstall incident in starting of chapter is you chanelling your own feelings na? Great now i sound like a lunatic...all in all a great big thumbs up to you
shweta kadam chapter 14 . 6/17/2012
i absolutely love the scene where migs is drunk...he will be like that when hez older and out of his shell,wont he?...love him more than before...as if the genious gentleman wasent enough...now hes a confident bad boy...how can a girl no fall head over heels for a guy like that?
mgouda chapter 17 . 5/25/2012
WHY HAS IT BEEN 4 MONTHS?

lady, the story is getting too good to handle, how can you just leave it at that?

but seriously, this chapter was amazing. i think the story is really progressing now, and i can't wait to see what you have planned next. please try to update soon, i'm holding my breath here :)
156 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »