Reviews for On the Way to Ever After: Ivy and Miguel Tell All
lbbabey chapter 9 . 3/28/2008
This story was absolutely wonderful and I'm soo stoked that it's not complete just yet. I think I saw this story a lot before and I never read it because the topic made me really nervous. I mean a super young guy with an older woman? It reminded me of that incident with the teacher who got pregnant by a student. It just didn't make any sense to me and I couldn't believe there was any possible way to explain the reasoning behind it. But you did it and you did it very, very well.

I finally got around to reading this story as a pick-me-up after a bad week and I'm really glad that I did. This story is so amazingly well written and it gives off this sense of the mixed complexities of love. There's moments when things don't make sense such as the very beginning when the whole interview situation is setup and than there's the abundance of awkward moments and the amazingly sweet moments such as with the chopsticks and the dorky moments such as when the guys went all engineer-like about the mechanics of the hair accessory. I'm rambling now and I'm sorry but your story is just soo good that I have a list of reasons and I can't make sense of it because it all melts into this pot of "aw.. is soo good I'm just going to stuff myself with it and slump into coma." I love how you were able to maintained the structure of the interview with the question oriented chapters while still enabling the main characters to get out their story without breaking the flow. I also really love the way their personality really comes out when they narrate what happened as well as their "coupleness" when they just totally predict what their partner will do in the telling of the story. It's soo sweet. I should probably say something constructive, but wow! you really know what you're doing. Oh, also I'd like to say that the cultural references are like a superbly tasty garnish to go along with a nice Italian dinner. _ Good luck with the next chapter!
Twilight Starr chapter 9 . 3/17/2008
Great addition. I love this story. Please update soon. Have a fantastic day.

Twilight Starr
hopeless-flame chapter 9 . 3/6/2008
(sigh) (gooey-eyes)
Venus Smurf1 chapter 9 . 3/3/2008
Truly, truly amazing story. Incredible narrative voices, and brilliantly written story. Love the amount of humor and emotion you manage to inject into every chapter, and I'll be waiting with baited breath for the next chapter. Well done!
sketchingaCYNiC chapter 9 . 3/2/2008
dude, i love you! oh, this was a great chapter. very enjoyable read. i love both the characters. it's like... weird. when i'm reading ivy's part, i totally don't realize that i'm not her, or she's not me, or something. i feel like i really am her, so much so that i can't tell the difference XD haha, wow.. okay, that's a little weird. but yes! i am thoroughly enjoying this XD

(hm, well, i'm at a 'just friends' stage here too, but not nearly as best friends as ivy and migs. but hah. still funny to draw parallels. XD)
pete's sake delete the account chapter 9 . 3/2/2008
I liked this chapter. Your characters are so unusual, so likeable and real. Don't worry about taking a while to post each chapter, okay? I'm so glad every time I see that you've updated. This has substance, it's worth waiting for.

There's so much I wish I could tell you about why I like your story so much, but I can't seem to find the words. There's just a depth to it, a sense that it's all so real.
wookborm chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
Oh, my goodness! Where ARE you! You MUST update!

... Please?
sketchingaCYNiC chapter 8 . 2/11/2008
i just love this story to death.

it's pretty pathetic. the same type of situation is happening to me (the guy i like is younger and well, i'm a senior and he doesnt think we should date because i'm graduating in june). but! what cheers me up is that in your story, we already know that the two get together :) i hope you keep writing even though it looks like you haven't updated in a while.
shalei chapter 4 . 1/13/2008
UP Lagoon? As in the Sunken Garden? XD I can't believe I'm reading a story that mentions UP Diliman.

Anyway, this story is a breathe of fresh air. Please update! :D
sketchingacynic chapter 3 . 12/28/2007
i love this story. it's amazing. i found it on the livejournal community, fp_review, and believe me... that recommendation was well deserved. it's so... i don't even know how to describe my intense love for this. the way you write it, the way the characters talk, the story, EVERYTHING is just too good for words. i can't believe how amazing this story is. just when i thought all romance was trite and cliche, something like this swings around and smacks me in the face. i hope you continue writing!
rinfais chapter 8 . 12/19/2007
This story needs more love, seriously. This is the first older-girl-younger-guy romance I've come across on FP, and I'm so happy that this first is utterly well-written and appropriately paced. The characters, particularly Miguel and Ivy, are believable, as is their interaction. I love the dialogue, too.

Kind of says a lot that I'm reading this and not studying. Hm. I'm verily anticipating your next chapter. D
justanotherdeadaccount chapter 8 . 12/16/2007
This story is just so amazing. Every new chapter makes me fall in love with it all over again.

I love how Migs is trying to make her fall in love with him in stages. It's just so adorable and kiddish yet very much like someone who has a scientific mind.

I have a feeling Yna likes Allan, but I'm not too sure.

I wonder why their family will affect them so negatively? I can imagine his mum being against it considering he's so young, but wouldn't he already be expecting that?

Can't wait to find out!
Twilight Starr chapter 8 . 12/7/2007
Great addition. You tell the story well. I'm looking forward to more. Have a lovely day. :)

Twilight Starr
Blueberry Sparkle chapter 8 . 12/3/2007
Aww, I loved it! And I disagree with you on one thing, the UP campus is HUGE. But the Lagoon's pretty though. Even if it is in the middle of nowhere.
hopeless-flame chapter 8 . 12/1/2007
OH MY GODD!

this story is pure romance. i heart heart heart HEART it to death! please write more. i love miguel. and ivy is so crazy that i can't help but like her. ]

they are so cute. i'm just getting anxious at to how and why it took so long until they were together! (
162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »