Reviews for On the Way to Ever After: Ivy and Miguel Tell All
choc me chapter 18 . 7/16/2012
"I have to let him go, I decided as I stared down at the handkerchief. I have to make him understand that we can't be together. I have to make him see how wrong I am for him.

At least…at least I got to know what it would have been like to be his. The kisses we shared, the teasing and the laughter, the easy companionship, the warmth, the trust…I had a taste of that at least. It was just for a short while, but if that was all I was going to be given, then the memory of those few brief moments would have to last me a lifetime.

But I was grateful, nonetheless. Because at least I knew now that what Migs and I could have been…what we could have been together…was beautiful beyond compare."

Moira, you must know how much this part made my chest ache..I can't even begin to explain how it feels to be reading those lines..Although the words aren't exactly the same, I've had the same thoughts and the sentiment was just as real. More evidence of telepathic connection given that you wrote this way before knowing anything...(kinda scary?)

Else another great chapter, rich in emotion and frustration against Ivy being so stubborn and Lala being so clueless and bitchy!
InkWitch chapter 17 . 6/25/2012
I couldn't review Chapter 18 so I'm giving my review here.

BOWING DOWN TO YOUR MAGNIFICENCE YOU AMAZING WRITER YOU!

I sincerely hope that one day I reach your level of awesomeness and talent when it comes to writing. I don't even know how you make everything so amazingly perfect and touching and flawless and oh my god I nearly tore myself to tears at the end of this chapter. You really need to stop doing that to me.

I need to find a way to advertise this story so that more and more people read it. I want you to promise me that once you finish this story, you'll try and get it published. Promise? PLEASE? Because honestly, you are way too talented to remain anonymous.

Yep yep, it was Melissa. Must remember to send her cyber flowers for sending me here to read this magnificent masterpiece.

I would gush on and on but at one point that gets a little boring, even for the one receiving it. So I'm gonna end this review with a: I LOVE YOU AND DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT.
Canaletto chapter 17 . 6/21/2012
For some reason, my review for chapter 17 has been labeled as for chapter 18, which is weird, because it’s clearly dated from January. So because FictionPress only allows one review per chapter, I have to do a bit of mix up. Sorry. Anyway…

Chapter 18 depressed me. A lot.

Which is actually a good thing, because it opened my eyes to how much I’ve come to enjoy and care about these characters. I know I’ve gone on and on about how brilliant your writing is (because it is brilliant), but reading this chapter has made me realize that I’ve been selling you short. I’ve read published books that haven’t made me care about characters the way I care about Ivy and Miguel, and I know that I have never read a romance that has gotten me more emotionally invested than this one. I just finished reading the chapter, so I’m kind of awestruck right now, and I can’t think of a whole lot to say (which I’ll probably regret later), but I really wanted to write my review while I still had a hold of this feeling. Words escape me at moment.

Wow.

Canaletto
shweta kadam chapter 18 . 6/21/2012
wow! It really was the worst date ever...poor ivy...i feel like crying a little myself...this behaviour is another form of bulling,aint it? Feel like hitting migs in the head...cause he made ivy cry..even though i know itz not his fault... Loved the chapter(kinda hated it too...cause it made me sad)and i hate lala...i feel for her,i do ...but god cant she keep her pointy chin out of the great love of ivy and miguel and the bookstall incident in starting of chapter is you chanelling your own feelings na? Great now i sound like a lunatic...all in all a great big thumbs up to you
shweta kadam chapter 14 . 6/17/2012
i absolutely love the scene where migs is drunk...he will be like that when hez older and out of his shell,wont he?...love him more than before...as if the genious gentleman wasent enough...now hes a confident bad boy...how can a girl no fall head over heels for a guy like that?
mgouda chapter 17 . 5/25/2012
WHY HAS IT BEEN 4 MONTHS?

lady, the story is getting too good to handle, how can you just leave it at that?

but seriously, this chapter was amazing. i think the story is really progressing now, and i can't wait to see what you have planned next. please try to update soon, i'm holding my breath here :)
shweta kadam chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
this is a absolutely fantistically brilliant story! I love it and i love ivy and miguel,but i wanted to ask you if ivy ever grows up(in size) or she remains same?
youatemyheart chapter 18 . 4/30/2012
This is beautiful. Thank you for putting this in FP! And please do update soon. :)

And all your description on UP makes me want to visit the university. Haha.
choc me chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Hello! :) I was just listening to "what's left of me" after a really long time...and when the chorus came on my heart did a lil thump like it used to do when I would read your story while listening to the song :) So yep, just had to take a break from my work to tell you that... :) your story is really very, very special and very much loved..
Spacy-Book-Nerd chapter 18 . 2/16/2012
I have fallen in love with Ivy and Migs, they are both such amazing characters. I don't usually begin reading stories that aren't complete but I couldn't help myself after reading the summary, it was just to intriguing for me to pass up. After I started reading It was very difficult to stop, although I was slightly confused with how that story began, what with it being an interview, after reading the first chapter and caught onto the program I was completely smitten. I still cannot believe how flawless your transitions between the past and the present are and between characters for that matter. During one chapter where you wrote from both Ivy and Migs perspectives I was halfway through Migs' part before I even realize you had switched and it completely blew my mind, I didn't even notice. Even if I have to wait forever for an update I feel as though it is worth it for this story because the results are so amazing and refreshing, I have not read a story like this before on FictionPress.
InkWitch chapter 18 . 2/5/2012
I would very much like to give a review at the end of each of your chapters, just so you have more and more reviews (because we all know that us FP authors get a little dizzy at the thought of 'more' reviews) but I wouldn't be able to do that without sputtering utter nonsense and gushing about you and your story and your writing so much that your head grows to the size of a tree and I start bowing down to you in a despicable show of paganism.

Oh dear. That totally came out wrong.

What I meant was: you are a genius with your pen. Seriously. There are very few writers in this world who can claim the great command of expression that you have. You know, this is why I love FictionPress sometimes. There are so many published authors who just don't deserve to be published. They just are because their books and plots are 'in with the trend'. (Pssst, I'm talking about the likes of Stephenie Meyer and Richelle Mead) Of course, if you're a fan of them, I'm sorry. But in my mind, they are the mediocre ones and you and a couple of other authors are just THE BEST.

Now, I came here from A Drop of Romeo. I'm gonna be starting out as a judge soon (Omeegosh I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT) and I saw the review Juliet did for your story. My initial reaction was undoubtedly normal: ew. A thirteen year old and a twenty year old? GROSS. Let's face it, a relationship like that in the real world would undoubtedly be crushed into little smithereens by the cynicism and basic black and white outlook of our wondrous world. And for good reason too.

So you can get that my initial reaction was to be utterly freaked out. But then, I thought to myself that if Juliet liked it, there must be some appeal to it, right? So I decided to follow that instinct and read your story.

Boy, was I glad I did.

Firstly, the interviewing idea was utter genius. It's been used only a couple of times in this entire world and its short span of history (I think Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire would be the first, right? Hmmm. I don't remember well) and certainly not in a context like this.

Secondly, your characters are so real and vivid that I'm kind of afraid that what you're writing might not be fiction after all. That this is actually about real people. I love how you showed their world and their positions in life so utterly crystal-clear, and the different reactions of all your side characters. I must admit, I'm a character-obsessed (bad word). My stories have numerous characters and all of them have some small importance. Sometimes I worry that there are too many characters. But stories with too little characters are just not stories.

So I always revel when I come across a writer who includes such realistic MCs AND such realistic side characters as well.

Thirdly, you have done your research SO WELL. I congratulate you, honestly. After I read this, I went down and took one of my stories down because I honestly felt ashamed that I didn't put much thought into the research part of it (don't worry, I'm going to put it back up! After an extensive bit of rewriting). Maybe you live in the Philippines and that's how you know so much, maybe not, but all that effort into architecture of the surroundings and the placement and gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I feel like using huge words SO MUCH.

It all tied the whole thing into a nicely wrapped present for me. If this was presented to me on Christmas or Eid, I would probably scream in blatant joy.

The only thing I found a little distracting was sometimes, your tense slipped. Not so much as is noticeable, but so much that it was a little off-putting at times.

And your authors notes are like HUGE. But hey, maybe you're one of those essay-writing authors. Everybody needs to enjoy their quirks.

You need to promise that you will enjoy your quirks and WRITE PURE AWESOMENESS, hand in hand.

K?

K.
choc me chapter 18 . 2/4/2012
hello! When I saw that you had a new chapter up I was happy n guilty at the same time...I remembered I was supposed to write a more detailed review for the previous chapter!I'm sorry I haven't been doing great lately, ever since my last review...one of those "when life throws lemons at you" times...

Reading this chapter helped take my mind off things even for a little while, so thx for that :) (there's a very subtle hint in here :P )

As usual I don't have any actual criticism...just amazed each time at the characters you've created, how real they feel, and how raw and so, so real their emotions and reactions are...and that's an incredible skill, I don't know if it comes from a lot of practice and reflection, or if it comes naturally to you, but since I do read a lot, I can say quite confidently that very few writers can do that..even a lot of published writers fail to bring their characters to life the way you do...I do hope that once this story is done you'll consider writing other stories..I'm definitely a fan!

About this actual chapter - Ivy finally, finally (!) admitted to herself that she's in love :) And that's a huge step for someone as stubborn! I'm so glad that for the time being she's decided to ignore all those people telling her that she's crazy and that being with Miguel is wrong(I do hate when people butt in like that...) but I have a feeling it won't last and at some point she'll try to distance herself from Miguel :( and that makes me sad even though I know that it actually worked out for them! Weird!

Reading about julio makes me sick...so I'll just move on.. It makes me sad that Ivy feels like she's got to keep it from Miguel..when something affects you that much, keeping it from the one person who can actually make it all better is terribly painful..but it is also true that you just feel like you have to keep all the ugliness in your life from that one special person..I think that Ivy's beauty goes beyond the physical aspect, she's incredibly strong and despite all the crap she's had to put up with, she's still a good and amazing person at heart..

Miguel is...wow..I don't know how to do him justice..he's not 'perfect' the way male leads are usually in romance stories, in that gorgeous, ultra cool, suave kind of way that's so fake and over-the-top. I think that apart from being really cute and endearing, he's a good and true person..His love and affection for Ivy go way beyond the fact that she's beautiful...It touches me in a way that very few fictional characters ever did..

Which brings me to the fact that although I'm really glad your review count is slowly going up, I still think it's so far from enough! Your story is still one of the best I've read in a long time...(sigh)

Oh I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I really like your summary - especially the "a story of two people who somehow made it work" - it's so short and yet says so much.

Whether you update soon (which would be amazing) or not so soon, just know that I'm still very much hooked to this story..in short, I've fallen in love with Ivy and Miguel's story..
MuffinsRoxSox chapter 18 . 2/1/2012
That's probably the saddest ending to a chapter I've ever read. Well, probably not the saddest, but very depressing.

So how old are Ivy and Miguel? When they're being interviewed, I mean.

I really hope Ivy goes through with the treatment.

Miguel is such a cutie. He's so awkward and innocent, it's refreshing. I always read about all these guys that are so suave and player-ish, it's nice to read something different.
fellintothemoon chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Hello :) This is Melissa from the site A Drop of Romeo. I'm pleased to tell you that your story has been added to our archive. Congrats! Here's your review:

ssa Thinks: What really drew me into this story was the fact that - for once - the woman is older than the man (sort of). Ivy is a twenty year old college student who has not physically aged since she was twelve. Miguel, or “Migs”, is a thirteen year old certified genius who skipped high school and went straight on to college, where he then met Ivy in a “love at first sight” sort of way. After Ivy and Miguel become neighbors, problems start to emerge with the media, their families, and their glaring age gap. The set-up of the story is brilliant. It’s told in a series of interview questions, with each chapter being a different question answered by both Migs and Ivy. This structure in the story allows the characters true voices to be heard and it makes you feel as if the story is real. Even though this plot line shouldn’t work and the ages of the characters should put me off, I’m still left wanting more because the author keeps me hooked. It’s cute, funny, and romantic so don’t let the odd summary scare you away.
Canaletto chapter 18 . 1/19/2012
Take heart? As I’ve said before, your writing is so good I never even notice how long your chapters are until I’ve finished them, then glance down at my wristwatch and realize I’m going to have to run to catch the bus (true story).

As usual, you make it very hard to write a review with anything of critical substance, as I always want to do nothing more than send you five pages of literary fluff in the form of increasingly lavish compliments. As that won’t work, allow me to reiterate how much I am enjoying your story, and that reading your writing is always one of the greatest pleasures of my day when a new chapter appears in my inbox. If there was anything that I didn’t like about this chapter, it would have to be the brief texting conversation near the beginning. Though I understand exactly what it’s for, my inner schoolboy who was scolded for misspelling “definitely” cannot help but screech in outrage whenever he sees text speech on a page. But that’s just a matter of personal taste. So, let me repeat myself once more by saying that this is a brilliant piece of work, and that I will be awaiting the next installment with bated breath.

Canaletto