Reviews for On the Way to Ever After: Ivy and Miguel Tell All
Skyterra chapter 19 . 12/29/2013

I'm really glad you updated! However, I think something went wrong with the autoformat or whatever, because there are A LOT of misplaced words and repeated phrases that weren't edited out. Would you mind fixing that? I am having trouble reading this post. That would be great.

Canaletto chapter 19 . 12/29/2013
I don't want to end my review on a sour note, so I'm just going to get the bad news out of the way.

I don't know if it is the site, or if something went wrong with your file, but the formatting of this chapter's first half is all over the place. There are repeated words, changes in tense right next to each other, and places were it looks like two versions of a sentence have somehow been combined. Your grammar is usually excellent, which unfortunately only makes the problem areas more jarring. I would suggest you give the site-version of your chapter a read through, because there are a lot of problems. And it's a shame, because as always, you provide great content, and the word weirdness is a distraction.

Okay, that's out of the way.

This chapter. So much happens! One of the reasons I find your writing so compelling is that you always keep your characters grounded in reality. Sure, the misunderstandings between Miguel and Ivy make me want give them a shake, but those misunderstandings are always in character, and more importantly, human. What I like about this chapter, with all its ups and downs, is that there are no … mean-spirited surprises. I never feel like you make a revelation for the sake of shock value. Everything is very organic. Your story progresses naturally, and that you can keep it so given how long you've spent working on it, is frankly amazing. I have always been impressed that with every new chapter you've kept each character's voice and, well, character, consistent, both with their first apprentice and their development over the story's run. I know that's not easy, and I applaud your success.

Looking over my earlier reviews, I realize I've been reading "On The Way To Ever After" (not when I started) for about two and half years now, and if anything, I am even more engaged with the story then I was when I began. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece of fiction. And happy new year.

willow1122 chapter 18 . 8/13/2013
I cannot get over how beautiful your writing is. I can't wait to see what happens.
I look at the dates of your first posting, and your last update, and I think, she's still working on it. If you didn't finish it, I think this would be one of my top 5 unfinished stories to break my heart.
Keep up the great work.
CameliaLisha chapter 18 . 4/12/2013
Okay. Seriously. It's 1:34 in the morning and I'm still wide-awake reading your story! Do you have any idea what I Have to do to read this? I sneaked in our dormitory dean's office just to get hold of a computer and read your epic of a story!

I have only one word for you.

Here I am, sitting in the dean's office and trying hard not to scream.

I have a soft spot for huge age-gaps were the boy is younger. Those stories are my favorites. Except they're quite rare. I AM SO GLAD I FOUND YOURS.

I love the fact that this is set in the Philippines (hallo kababayan!). I love Migs and Ivy. I love, love, love they're relationships. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Super KILIG!

I find Ivy funny. Her constant denials about her feelings towards Migs. I like her potty-mouth and the fact that she knows exactly how messed up things would be with Migs, yet still wishes for it. And Migs... oh Migs... where can I find a guy like him? A guy whose steadfast and so loyal. I so love them.

And is it funny that I don't hate Lala? Sure, I didn't like her being a backtalker, but I just see a girl whose desperately in love with a guy.

Ah, Mig's mother is annoying. His family is annoying. It's like I seriously want to find them and punch their faces. Serious;y, what's up with them?

All, in all, I LOVE YOUR STORY! Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Oh please, please do update! Your story brought out the side of me that likes and loves romantic story, the side that was hidden for so long. Please, please, please! I have never begged a writer to update before... but heck, I'm doing it right now! I implore your mercy!

alanis chapter 18 . 10/26/2012
i've been reading this story for 3 years xD i constantly come back and reread all the chapters. haha. im still waiting for the next update. i love your story !
choc me chapter 18 . 7/16/2012
"I have to let him go, I decided as I stared down at the handkerchief. I have to make him understand that we can't be together. I have to make him see how wrong I am for him.

At least…at least I got to know what it would have been like to be his. The kisses we shared, the teasing and the laughter, the easy companionship, the warmth, the trust…I had a taste of that at least. It was just for a short while, but if that was all I was going to be given, then the memory of those few brief moments would have to last me a lifetime.

But I was grateful, nonetheless. Because at least I knew now that what Migs and I could have been…what we could have been together…was beautiful beyond compare."

Moira, you must know how much this part made my chest ache..I can't even begin to explain how it feels to be reading those lines..Although the words aren't exactly the same, I've had the same thoughts and the sentiment was just as real. More evidence of telepathic connection given that you wrote this way before knowing anything...(kinda scary?)

Else another great chapter, rich in emotion and frustration against Ivy being so stubborn and Lala being so clueless and bitchy!
InkWitch chapter 17 . 6/25/2012
I couldn't review Chapter 18 so I'm giving my review here.

I sincerely hope that one day I reach your level of awesomeness and talent when it comes to writing. I don't even know how you make everything so amazingly perfect and touching and flawless and oh my god I nearly tore myself to tears at the end of this chapter. You really need to stop doing that to me.

I need to find a way to advertise this story so that more and more people read it. I want you to promise me that once you finish this story, you'll try and get it published. Promise? PLEASE? Because honestly, you are way too talented to remain anonymous.

Yep yep, it was Melissa. Must remember to send her cyber flowers for sending me here to read this magnificent masterpiece.

I would gush on and on but at one point that gets a little boring, even for the one receiving it. So I'm gonna end this review with a: I LOVE YOU AND DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT.
Canaletto chapter 17 . 6/21/2012
For some reason, my review for chapter 17 has been labeled as for chapter 18, which is weird, because it’s clearly dated from January. So because FictionPress only allows one review per chapter, I have to do a bit of mix up. Sorry. Anyway…

Chapter 18 depressed me. A lot.

Which is actually a good thing, because it opened my eyes to how much I’ve come to enjoy and care about these characters. I know I’ve gone on and on about how brilliant your writing is (because it is brilliant), but reading this chapter has made me realize that I’ve been selling you short. I’ve read published books that haven’t made me care about characters the way I care about Ivy and Miguel, and I know that I have never read a romance that has gotten me more emotionally invested than this one. I just finished reading the chapter, so I’m kind of awestruck right now, and I can’t think of a whole lot to say (which I’ll probably regret later), but I really wanted to write my review while I still had a hold of this feeling. Words escape me at moment.

shweta kadam chapter 18 . 6/21/2012
wow! It really was the worst date ever...poor ivy...i feel like crying a little myself...this behaviour is another form of bulling,aint it? Feel like hitting migs in the head...cause he made ivy cry..even though i know itz not his fault... Loved the chapter(kinda hated it too...cause it made me sad)and i hate lala...i feel for her,i do ...but god cant she keep her pointy chin out of the great love of ivy and miguel and the bookstall incident in starting of chapter is you chanelling your own feelings na? Great now i sound like a lunatic...all in all a great big thumbs up to you
shweta kadam chapter 14 . 6/17/2012
i absolutely love the scene where migs is drunk...he will be like that when hez older and out of his shell,wont he? him more than if the genious gentleman wasent hes a confident bad can a girl no fall head over heels for a guy like that?
mgouda chapter 17 . 5/25/2012

lady, the story is getting too good to handle, how can you just leave it at that?

but seriously, this chapter was amazing. i think the story is really progressing now, and i can't wait to see what you have planned next. please try to update soon, i'm holding my breath here :)
shweta kadam chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
this is a absolutely fantistically brilliant story! I love it and i love ivy and miguel,but i wanted to ask you if ivy ever grows up(in size) or she remains same?
youatemyheart chapter 18 . 4/30/2012
This is beautiful. Thank you for putting this in FP! And please do update soon. :)

And all your description on UP makes me want to visit the university. Haha.
choc me chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Hello! :) I was just listening to "what's left of me" after a really long time...and when the chorus came on my heart did a lil thump like it used to do when I would read your story while listening to the song :) So yep, just had to take a break from my work to tell you that... :) your story is really very, very special and very much loved..
Spacy-Book-Nerd chapter 18 . 2/16/2012
I have fallen in love with Ivy and Migs, they are both such amazing characters. I don't usually begin reading stories that aren't complete but I couldn't help myself after reading the summary, it was just to intriguing for me to pass up. After I started reading It was very difficult to stop, although I was slightly confused with how that story began, what with it being an interview, after reading the first chapter and caught onto the program I was completely smitten. I still cannot believe how flawless your transitions between the past and the present are and between characters for that matter. During one chapter where you wrote from both Ivy and Migs perspectives I was halfway through Migs' part before I even realize you had switched and it completely blew my mind, I didn't even notice. Even if I have to wait forever for an update I feel as though it is worth it for this story because the results are so amazing and refreshing, I have not read a story like this before on FictionPress.
167 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »