Reviews for On the Way to Ever After: Ivy and Miguel Tell All
Canaletto chapter 18 . 1/19/2012
Take heart? As I’ve said before, your writing is so good I never even notice how long your chapters are until I’ve finished them, then glance down at my wristwatch and realize I’m going to have to run to catch the bus (true story).

As usual, you make it very hard to write a review with anything of critical substance, as I always want to do nothing more than send you five pages of literary fluff in the form of increasingly lavish compliments. As that won’t work, allow me to reiterate how much I am enjoying your story, and that reading your writing is always one of the greatest pleasures of my day when a new chapter appears in my inbox. If there was anything that I didn’t like about this chapter, it would have to be the brief texting conversation near the beginning. Though I understand exactly what it’s for, my inner schoolboy who was scolded for misspelling “definitely” cannot help but screech in outrage whenever he sees text speech on a page. But that’s just a matter of personal taste. So, let me repeat myself once more by saying that this is a brilliant piece of work, and that I will be awaiting the next installment with bated breath.

Alanisaur chapter 18 . 1/18/2012
i just love Ivy and Miguel so much :D They make me so happy. Haha, I cant wait for their date. (: Hopefully, they'll get to more kissing and such ? ;)Im dissapointed that they're not going to be alone though. They need their privacy!

Okay then

Thanks for updating

Patiently waiting for the next chapter!
atomic-pocket-watch chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
I'm intrigued :) onwards! :D
72898 chapter 18 . 1/17/2012
Ok so I was almost disappointed at the lacks of Migs in this chapter, but then I read the end so that feeling is of disappointment is definitely gone! :D Can't wait for the next question...
Cloudy Glass chapter 17 . 1/4/2012
Wow. In love with this story! Seriously, you've got me hooked and I'm worried what will happen if you don't finish it. The growth of the characters from the first chapter to this one has been great, too! Ivy and Miguel both seem fuller and more real than they did initially. I really appreciate this work and it's sparked some thoughts about what it means to be mature, how age gaps do/don't matter, etc. So, not only are you providing me with a marvelous story to read but you're also giving me a lot to contemplate! *smile* I also feel a lot smarter after reading this. *Laughs* Thank you for your hard work and sharing it with us. I can't wait for the next update. Please let it be soon! Again, thank you for sharing! I'm off now to look at your other work!
The Russian chapter 16 . 10/13/2011
I absolutely adored this chapter!

I'm sorry if I can't help you with improving your story but I'm just so engrossed in the story that I don't notice any thing else. Beautifully written.
Delilah Lillith chapter 17 . 10/11/2011
Awww :( I'm really sad you changed the title, I was quite taken to the other one. I thought it fit very nicely.
Alanisaur chapter 17 . 10/10/2011
When i saw this. I was just so happy! & then it was just a note. Ill be checking website. (: Please hurry with the new chapter though.
The Russian chapter 15 . 9/25/2011
hey! you liked the song D

i love this story

please keep writing it )
There's-A-Star-In-My-Hand chapter 16 . 9/20/2011
ohmygoshhh this chapter was looong! but that is a good thing...a very good thing!

you don't know how much i love this! and miguel is the most adorable guy ever ;)

update soo x
Alanisaur chapter 16 . 9/18/2011
I missed this soo much! T.T Im so happy you updated. I hope you update on a regular basis! Miguel and Ivy, how will their story play out? Lol. One of my yop favorited stories. (:
choc me chapter 16 . 9/13/2011
hey ya! Just a very short note to tell u i'm really really glad u updated! And it seems to be a very long chapter too...i skimmed through it but i need to re-read it again...i've been ill for a couple of days, which is why i havent been able to read it mind is still fuzzy from all the meds and stuff...So i'm really looking fwd to this :) and I'll write a proper review then..
SpotRules chapter 16 . 9/12/2011
My GOd I miss this story. GReat chapter. Can't wait for the next one. Keep 'em long!
Canaletto chapter 16 . 9/10/2011
This should be labeled as NSFW. I got told off for laughing out loud while reading this chapter. You can be much too witty. Do keep it up.

Anyway, even if you take six months to produce a chapter, the effort shines through. I don’t even notice the length of your chapters when I’m reading them; the content always keeps me engaged throughout, and the same thing happened here.

Like I’ve said, this chapter is very funny when it wants to be, and your humor works smashingly. Reading through the chapter a second time, I see your serious moments should be jarring with all of the much lighter material surrounding them. Should be, put you manage the transitions between seriousness and comedy so well that you get away with it.

For me, the defining moment of this chapter is its ending scene. Dreadful cliffhanger right here, with the first outright barrier put up between Miguel and Ivy. Of course there’s been all the emotional seesawing of the first fifteen chapters, but now there is a real wedge shoved in between them, even if Ivy isn’t aware of it yet. I’m most interested to see how this ties in with all the foreshadowing you’ve made to the pair’s other relationship troubles, and will anxiously await to see just how your characters handle these developments. It seems to be constant battle of “one step forward, two steps back” with this couple.

If I have to say anything negative about this chapter, the only item I can come up with is that I would have preferred another chapter from Ivy’s point of view. With the last chapter being from Miguel’s perspective, I would very much have liked to see Ivy’s thoughts on the day. Let me assure you it’s a very minor complaint however, as the chapter is still brilliant as it is, and I fully expect the next Ivy chapter will touch upon her reaction to the events of the shoot in any case.

Again, let me repeat that this is a wonderful story, and that this chapter was well worth the wait, agonizing as it was (the wait, not the chapter). Once more, I find myself ending a review with the feeling I have said nothing of constructive worth, but I am afraid all I can do is heap praise upon your writing, because it really is excellent.

Here In My Mind chapter 8 . 9/10/2011
I really love this story! It's so interesting and unique. I found it on the SKOW website under best chemistry and at the time I was searching for a story I could read that would keep my interest and wouldn't be some completely cliché' bunch of regurgitated word doo doo and what do you know after going through all the other stories I finally found it. And at the best time too.

Gosh it's really depressing to spend hours scoring through fictionpress for interesting stories only to be disappointed time and time again at some of the inferior selections (gosh I'm so snooty) they have on here, but your story came at just the right time for me because I was seriously gonna be like “F it I’m never reading another story on this site again!” You really deserve more reviews for this.

The formatting of this story is the only thing I had trouble with at first. With the whole interview thing I was worried that there wouldn’t be enough details to engage the reader into actually getting into the story but I guess it kinda smoothly transitions into a well informed flashback/interview/storytelling thing and well whatever it’s called it’s working so far.

Well, enough of my ranting back to reading for me.

Oh and I also like how we get the POV from Miguel and Ivy but you don’t waste time going over the same scene and details incessantly and take into account that the readers don’t want to read the same thing over and over again twice in a row like repetitively through a whole story that’s like 30 freaking chapters long (like some other people do…gosh morons…sorry that was a rant).
163 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »