Reviews for On the Way to Ever After: Ivy and Miguel Tell All
72898 chapter 16 . 9/7/2011
Yay!, hopefully it won't take you another six months to finish the next chapter... I wonder what happens next...
72898 chapter 15 . 7/25/2011
please please update, this story is amazing! i can't wait to see what happens next.
A reviewer chapter 15 . 7/16/2011
I can't BELIEVE this story doesn't have more reviews. You are a brilliant writer with a very bright future-I can tell. However, I am also angry at you, because I went to push the "Next" button, and there wasn't another chapter! I need to know yesterday what happens with this story. But take your time-I've seen the wonderful work you put out there, even if it takes forever!
Canaletto chapter 15 . 5/22/2011
I just found this this morning. Then read the whole thing in one sitting. Going by the premise, this story shouldn’t work, but your characterizations are just so damn good, that it does. I honestly have nothing but praise for this story. It makes for a very welcome change from the more standard romance stories that run rampant across the site, and having just finished this, I’m amazed at the cohesiveness of your plot given the long time you’ve been working on this. Your hard work clearly shows, and it’s obvious that you’ve been continuously tightening the script as time has passed. That you still consider this the first draft makes it obvious the high standard you write to. I feel somewhat sheepish that I can’t give any constructive criticism on your piece, but honestly, this is a brilliant body of work, and can’t think of anything that might make it better.

Canaletto
Alanisaur chapter 15 . 4/30/2011
i
JoeyAnna chapter 15 . 4/23/2011
Okay, I'm gonna go with the truth here and say I thought this story was going to be pretty weird with the difference of age and him only being 13, but the way you set it up made it non-creepy if that makes sense? Anyway, I really liked it. I can't wait for the next chapters to appear.

-JoeyAnna
qwertyuiop chapter 15 . 4/5/2011
WAH YOU UPDATED, I couldn't believe my eyes, I had kinda given up. But it's a really nice chapter! And IT ENDS WITH A CLIFFIE! AH. I love Miguel's point of view, and it's good there's some development now, he's finally beginning to realize that she might actually like him and not know it herself. Plus the kis. I really wanna read the next chapter now, so please don't make it a year :(

Oh and:

OH HI Wiseau Films

Clearly you haven't read it, since if you had, you'd realize it has nothing to do with pedophilia at all. And if you have read it and still think so you just haven't understood the story.

OH BYE

haha phew, sorry, I had to get that out of my system. Such a meanie! Don't let it discourage you!
choc me chapter 12 . 3/26/2011
"And in the darkness of my mind, another door slammed shut, another floor felt cold and wet underneath me, the uneven tiles chafing my skin, the smell of puke sharp and sour but strangely welcome, my thighs still streaked with blood and vomit, still burning, burning—"

I don't even remember reading abt that part, and I was so shocked! Ok so here's my thought on it: julio used her "adoration" (she mentions that word somewhere) and fear of him, to manipulate Ivy into sleep with him...right? Originally I thought that it might have been an appropriate relationship but not necessarily involving sex..but the 'blood on thighs' part kinda overruled that. And it turned out to be a really, really unbelievably, vomit-inducing, disgusting experience, and Ivy realised what a perverted, twisted, manipulative, incestuous pedophile her uncle was...That's what I think happened at least..

If ur wondering what I'm doing up (it's pretty late right now) and re-reading a story i've read a couple times already, well...I needed comfort, something to get my mind off certain things..like Ivy said, to keep me sane. And honestly, ur story was the only one I thought of that could do that..Miguel is so...I don't know how to do him justice..but thinking that someone can be so amazingly self-less, honorable and pure actually gives me hope and comfort.

I think that this chapter, especially the last bit, is my favourite. The bond between Miguel and Ivy is beautiful and goes beyond simple attraction. I especially loved the part where she's thinking : "At that moment, it was entirely conceivable that my life was his to do as he pleased." I'd forgotten how incredibly amazing u can be with words. I also loved her silent "I've missed you" - I felt like I could actually feel her pain and yearning for have no idea how much I'd like to have my own Miguel right now..It feels like no matter what he'll always be able to keep her safe. I can't even care that he's only thirteen anymore.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings...On a brighter note, I finally managed to twist up my hair with a chopstick! (and make it stay up) :)
choc me chapter 15 . 3/18/2011
Just listened to 'hands clean' - well yeah ur right it's almost perfect! I've fav'd it already on youtube. Alanis morissette seems to fit Ivy really well. There are just a few words here and there that seem out of place for the story, like "And you've washed your hands clean of this"... "I wish I could tell the world cuz you're such a pretty thing when you're done up properly.

I might want to marry you one day if you watch that weight and keep your firm body" or "if it weren't for me you would have never amounted too much" - Doesn't seem to be like the things Ivy would ever say or think.

As for that one crummy review u got, it's not even from a sane person really! Have u read his stories or poems or whatever they're supposed to be?

Take care and big bear hug!

p.s: the depth in your story and characters just blows me away

p.p.s: how on earth do u hold up your hair with chopsticks? It keeps falling out after a few seconds! I've started collecting hair chopsticks
choc me chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
(sigh) My long long -long - review got cut off again :( I had so much to say! But I really dont feel like writing it all again (sob)
choc me chapter 8 . 3/18/2011
Hi again! So yeah I wanted to finish my review (I have no idea why fp keeps on cutting my reviews!)

First I read wiseau films' review ... I just checked out his profile and stories, well I don't feel like bashing the poor thing anymore.. Just check it out and have a good laugh! I'm actually kinda worried abt this guy...umm just check it out and u'll understand what i mean.

So on to the actual review, it was an awesome chapter as usual! The tension and suspense was great! I kept hoping they'd finally confess or something but thought it wouldnt happen. But it did! And now I have to know what happens next! But at the same time I don't...cause I feel like it's drawing to an end and I so do not want this story to end u know? I just want it to go on and on - the characters are so endearing!

I felt really bad for Miguel, cause he was anticipating for a great day with Ivy and instead he just got hurt over n over, and dragged in the mud Pft I can't believe that black sugar rat-faced thing ! He's got nothing on Miguel! (My fav new name for a guy now!)So in a way I'm glad Ivy was affected too..Although that lil china doll girl is unbelievable! She was totally coming onto miguel even though she thought he was with Ivy (But serves Ivy right for treating migs so badly)

I still love Ivy though - Just not as much as I love Miguel I TOTALLY want my own Migs by the way - nothing less will do now ! (Well thx to u lady! _
choc me chapter 12 . 3/17/2011
Hey! I'm totally mad at FP! I just wrote a long long review pouring out my lil heart and fp totally truncated it! there's just a lil bit left _

I'm too disheartened to write it again right now, so i'll do it later on..cause there are things I really wanted to say!
choc me chapter 15 . 3/17/2011
Hey ya! I'm so so happy u updated! I decided to put off my work just to read this chapter! I Just couldnt wait!

This chapter was DEFINITELY worth the long wait, but - BUT could u be anymore cruel than to leave it like that? :P I almost screamed in frustration when I reached the end! I was waiting the whole time for them to kiss or confess their feelings! And when it finally happens...BAM!U have to end it like that! _
kyrric.fictionpresspaperweight chapter 15 . 3/17/2011
OH. MY. GOSH. UPDATE. :dies:

Yep. This may be the most inconvenient thing ever, because now I have to read it because waiting until after all my work is done is simply not an option, because I know that this will be amazing and I won't be able to concentrate until I know what happens.

AND YOU UPDATED. My month considers itself made. Yay.

I'm going to review and read simultaenously. It will be like a blow-by-bow account of a boxing match, only, less punching. Well. Maybe. Depends on who features here and how much Migs and/or Ivy dislike them. What can I say, I'm basied toward awesome.

Oh gosh. Double length? You do this to torture me, I just know it. But it's okay, because you're amazing and this is one of my favourite stories ever. EVER.

Okay, I had to go and re-read the previous chapter to re-accquaint myself with everything that's happening. I don't like this Ian kid. Bloody upstart.

BUT YAY MIGS. Jerkface is my new favourite word. Ha. I am smiling LIKE A FOOL in front of my computer, and it's your fault and MIGSMIGSMIGS. I've missed reading about him so much.

Sigh. Miscommunication right there. I'd love to smack both of them over the head and explain: 'He loves YOU.' 'And that girl over there? The short, very pretty one? SHE LOVES YOU BACK'. Grah. I feel so sorry for him, I do. So much self doubt. And he has to sit there and watch Ivy get all prettied up and get photographed with that loser, and he's not going to like it, and why are you doing this to poor Migs?

However, I am once again reminded of how REAL these people seem, and how wonderful your writing is. The characterisation is so amazingly wonderful that it makes me both very happy and very jealous at the same time.

Haha, loving Orion. He's such a headcase. And someone nice should take him to Paris someday, I think he'd like that. He's crazy in a good way. And this is wonderful. So far. You always throw in something horrific, and now I'm all tense and nervous for these two very awkward people. Well. He's awkward. She's just awkward around him. Which is highly entertaining AND WOW YOU WRITE LIKE YOU WERE BORN WITH A PEN IN YOUR HAND. Or a keyboard. Or something.

Migs has the most awesome vernacular ever. I love the way he talks, I wish I talked like him. The sarcasm! The wit! It's incredible (like you).

Yep, okay, Ian is like Ivy's HIDEOUS excuse for an uncle, only younger and a teeny bit less of a slimeball, with a goodly helping of sleaze. And I don't care if he's called 'Black Sugar' and looks like a young Adonis, I detest him, because Migs does. :waves flag:

"...wishing bitterly that someone had thought to warn me that falling in love would annihilate my will power, my pride and my survival instinct." Could've told him that myself, the poor kid. It's sad, they're both just very misinformed. Oh, it's killing me. You're killing me. But it's a good kind. I think.

I KNEW IT. THEY FOUGHT. I BLAME YOU. And Ivy, actually. Just... Argh. I kept willing it to un-happen. And it didn't work. I suppose it keeps it real and flowing and conflict is the essence of writing and all, but seriously, haven't these two had enough problems already? Why are they so clueless about each other? Aren't they SUPPOSED to be best friends who know each other very well. Some people are just TOO BLIND. It's infuriating. They should kiss or something already. :keeps reading:

And now she's ignoring him, and Ian is ASKING TO HAVE HIS FACE BLOWN OFF WITH A SHOTGUN. Alright. I am not pleased. If this doesn't have a happy ending I will be VERY SAD.

And happy too, actually, because I just got a hit of this story, and it's like drugs, and I don't care that I'm forgetting my work that is due in 12 hours, this is too amazing. I don't know if I can tell you anything good that I haven't already said...

And yay, they're back to being friends. I have this warm, fuzzy feeling inside that's better than chocolates and ice-cream and expensive books all at the same time. Speaking of books. Take this to a publisher. If they don't love it, send them to me. You've got the most amazing talent. Truly - SKoW doesn't lie. Congrats for that, by the way. )

FIREWORKS. THEY KISSED OH WOW FINALLY WOW. JUST WOW. AND AS IF LEAVE IT THERE! Just so you know, it will KILL me if i have to wait another year for an update. You must not kill me. Because then there would be no-one to head up your fanclub and shoot people like Ivy's slimeball Uncle and jerkfaces like Ian.

:screams: THEY KISSED. It took long enough. I'm so excited and happy.

Yes. This is the best drama.. story.. literature.. thing ever. It's better than soap-opera, it's magic. MAGIC.

And now I'm off to work. Migs would not be impressed by my terrible work ethic. Now I have to fix it. For him. He's a good influence.

As always, I love this story, and your writing and I hope that you're fine and okay and WRITING LOTS AND LOTS.

Ghost speech-writing sounds like a bit of a thankless job. But then again, you write insanely well, so who would pass up the opportunity to say something wrtten by you? Just saying.

And also just saying, updates make me happy )

Love, Kyrric.
Wiseau Films chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
OH HI

I'm sorry, I have a hard time believing this story was nominated for any kind of award-other than Most Disgusting-when its theme is pedophilia.

OH BYE