Reviews for On the Way to Ever After: Ivy and Miguel Tell All
choc me chapter 16 . 9/13/2011
hey ya! Just a very short note to tell u i'm really really glad u updated! And it seems to be a very long chapter too...i skimmed through it but i need to re-read it again...i've been ill for a couple of days, which is why i havent been able to read it properly...my mind is still fuzzy from all the meds and stuff...So i'm really looking fwd to this :) and I'll write a proper review then..
SpotRules chapter 16 . 9/12/2011
My GOd I miss this story. GReat chapter. Can't wait for the next one. Keep 'em long!
Canaletto chapter 16 . 9/10/2011
This should be labeled as NSFW. I got told off for laughing out loud while reading this chapter. You can be much too witty. Do keep it up.

Anyway, even if you take six months to produce a chapter, the effort shines through. I don’t even notice the length of your chapters when I’m reading them; the content always keeps me engaged throughout, and the same thing happened here.

Like I’ve said, this chapter is very funny when it wants to be, and your humor works smashingly. Reading through the chapter a second time, I see your serious moments should be jarring with all of the much lighter material surrounding them. Should be, put you manage the transitions between seriousness and comedy so well that you get away with it.

For me, the defining moment of this chapter is its ending scene. Dreadful cliffhanger right here, with the first outright barrier put up between Miguel and Ivy. Of course there’s been all the emotional seesawing of the first fifteen chapters, but now there is a real wedge shoved in between them, even if Ivy isn’t aware of it yet. I’m most interested to see how this ties in with all the foreshadowing you’ve made to the pair’s other relationship troubles, and will anxiously await to see just how your characters handle these developments. It seems to be constant battle of “one step forward, two steps back” with this couple.

If I have to say anything negative about this chapter, the only item I can come up with is that I would have preferred another chapter from Ivy’s point of view. With the last chapter being from Miguel’s perspective, I would very much have liked to see Ivy’s thoughts on the day. Let me assure you it’s a very minor complaint however, as the chapter is still brilliant as it is, and I fully expect the next Ivy chapter will touch upon her reaction to the events of the shoot in any case.

Again, let me repeat that this is a wonderful story, and that this chapter was well worth the wait, agonizing as it was (the wait, not the chapter). Once more, I find myself ending a review with the feeling I have said nothing of constructive worth, but I am afraid all I can do is heap praise upon your writing, because it really is excellent.

Canaletto
Here In My Mind chapter 8 . 9/10/2011
I really love this story! It's so interesting and unique. I found it on the SKOW website under best chemistry and at the time I was searching for a story I could read that would keep my interest and wouldn't be some completely cliché' bunch of regurgitated word doo doo and what do you know after going through all the other stories I finally found it. And at the best time too.

Gosh it's really depressing to spend hours scoring through fictionpress for interesting stories only to be disappointed time and time again at some of the inferior selections (gosh I'm so snooty) they have on here, but your story came at just the right time for me because I was seriously gonna be like “F it I’m never reading another story on this site again!” You really deserve more reviews for this.

The formatting of this story is the only thing I had trouble with at first. With the whole interview thing I was worried that there wouldn’t be enough details to engage the reader into actually getting into the story but I guess it kinda smoothly transitions into a well informed flashback/interview/storytelling thing and well whatever it’s called it’s working so far.

Well, enough of my ranting back to reading for me.

Oh and I also like how we get the POV from Miguel and Ivy but you don’t waste time going over the same scene and details incessantly and take into account that the readers don’t want to read the same thing over and over again twice in a row like repetitively through a whole story that’s like 30 freaking chapters long (like some other people do…gosh morons…sorry that was a rant).
There's-A-Star-In-My-Hand chapter 15 . 9/8/2011
that was possibly the crulest cliffhanger ever! ! ! !

i absolutley adore Migs!

this story isamazing

please update soon!

x
72898 chapter 16 . 9/7/2011
Yay!, hopefully it won't take you another six months to finish the next chapter... I wonder what happens next...
72898 chapter 15 . 7/25/2011
please please update, this story is amazing! i can't wait to see what happens next.
A reviewer chapter 15 . 7/16/2011
I can't BELIEVE this story doesn't have more reviews. You are a brilliant writer with a very bright future-I can tell. However, I am also angry at you, because I went to push the "Next" button, and there wasn't another chapter! I need to know yesterday what happens with this story. But take your time-I've seen the wonderful work you put out there, even if it takes forever!
Canaletto chapter 15 . 5/22/2011
I just found this this morning. Then read the whole thing in one sitting. Going by the premise, this story shouldn’t work, but your characterizations are just so damn good, that it does. I honestly have nothing but praise for this story. It makes for a very welcome change from the more standard romance stories that run rampant across the site, and having just finished this, I’m amazed at the cohesiveness of your plot given the long time you’ve been working on this. Your hard work clearly shows, and it’s obvious that you’ve been continuously tightening the script as time has passed. That you still consider this the first draft makes it obvious the high standard you write to. I feel somewhat sheepish that I can’t give any constructive criticism on your piece, but honestly, this is a brilliant body of work, and can’t think of anything that might make it better.

Canaletto
Alanisaur chapter 15 . 4/30/2011
i
JoeyAnna chapter 15 . 4/23/2011
Okay, I'm gonna go with the truth here and say I thought this story was going to be pretty weird with the difference of age and him only being 13, but the way you set it up made it non-creepy if that makes sense? Anyway, I really liked it. I can't wait for the next chapters to appear.

-JoeyAnna
qwertyuiop chapter 15 . 4/5/2011
WAH YOU UPDATED, I couldn't believe my eyes, I had kinda given up. But it's a really nice chapter! And IT ENDS WITH A CLIFFIE! AH. I love Miguel's point of view, and it's good there's some development now, he's finally beginning to realize that she might actually like him and not know it herself. Plus the kis. I really wanna read the next chapter now, so please don't make it a year :(

Oh and:

OH HI Wiseau Films

Clearly you haven't read it, since if you had, you'd realize it has nothing to do with pedophilia at all. And if you have read it and still think so you just haven't understood the story.

OH BYE

haha phew, sorry, I had to get that out of my system. Such a meanie! Don't let it discourage you!
choc me chapter 12 . 3/26/2011
"And in the darkness of my mind, another door slammed shut, another floor felt cold and wet underneath me, the uneven tiles chafing my skin, the smell of puke sharp and sour but strangely welcome, my thighs still streaked with blood and vomit, still burning, burning—"

I don't even remember reading abt that part, and I was so shocked! Ok so here's my thought on it: julio used her "adoration" (she mentions that word somewhere) and fear of him, to manipulate Ivy into sleep with him...right? Originally I thought that it might have been an appropriate relationship but not necessarily involving sex..but the 'blood on thighs' part kinda overruled that. And it turned out to be a really, really unbelievably, vomit-inducing, disgusting experience, and Ivy realised what a perverted, twisted, manipulative, incestuous pedophile her uncle was...That's what I think happened at least..

If ur wondering what I'm doing up (it's pretty late right now) and re-reading a story i've read a couple times already, well...I needed comfort, something to get my mind off certain things..like Ivy said, to keep me sane. And honestly, ur story was the only one I thought of that could do that..Miguel is so...I don't know how to do him justice..but thinking that someone can be so amazingly self-less, honorable and pure actually gives me hope and comfort.

I think that this chapter, especially the last bit, is my favourite. The bond between Miguel and Ivy is beautiful and goes beyond simple attraction. I especially loved the part where she's thinking : "At that moment, it was entirely conceivable that my life was his to do as he pleased." I'd forgotten how incredibly amazing u can be with words. I also loved her silent "I've missed you" - I felt like I could actually feel her pain and yearning for have no idea how much I'd like to have my own Miguel right now..It feels like no matter what he'll always be able to keep her safe. I can't even care that he's only thirteen anymore.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings...On a brighter note, I finally managed to twist up my hair with a chopstick! (and make it stay up) :)
choc me chapter 15 . 3/18/2011
Just listened to 'hands clean' - well yeah ur right it's almost perfect! I've fav'd it already on youtube. Alanis morissette seems to fit Ivy really well. There are just a few words here and there that seem out of place for the story, like "And you've washed your hands clean of this"... "I wish I could tell the world cuz you're such a pretty thing when you're done up properly.

I might want to marry you one day if you watch that weight and keep your firm body" or "if it weren't for me you would have never amounted too much" - Doesn't seem to be like the things Ivy would ever say or think.

As for that one crummy review u got, it's not even from a sane person really! Have u read his stories or poems or whatever they're supposed to be?

Take care and big bear hug!

p.s: the depth in your story and characters just blows me away

p.p.s: how on earth do u hold up your hair with chopsticks? It keeps falling out after a few seconds! I've started collecting hair chopsticks
choc me chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
(sigh) My long long -long - review got cut off again :( I had so much to say! But I really dont feel like writing it all again (sob)
167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »