Reviews for Empty the Jar
TylerB chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
"Turn our children into whores instead of dreamers"

This one line sums up the whole of this beautiful piece, this masterwork which is by far the best I've read of yours so far. You do more than just get your point across (which you do amazingly well) and it's not just that you're getting across a mute point, becuase you're not. You're portraying a real life 21st century crisis in lyrical form, with stunning visual wording and a slew of quotable one liners.

"The brief satisfaction of body over soul"

The symbolism of the mason jar and the added depth I keep digging into every time I read it is nothing but icing on the cake. Great Job!
SirScott chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
It's sad, but that's preety much how society is these days.

SirScott
Stella Grimshaw chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
Incredible.
M. Edmondson chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
I Like the metaphor that she is in a mason jar thought I felt after that that it was very vague and blunt. It was a little too easy to understand if you catch my drift. Your poetry needs to have a since of a head tilting once again you've shown how your individual spark shines through. Good Job.
tblahhh chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
i like the begining of this.

i love the idea behind it.
Definition chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Wow. Powerful, deep, emotional. The inner message is elaborated very well. Brilliant!
smile for the sunshine chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Deep. I like it. Different perspective. Or way of saying a common one. I hate how people harm others. How they make them feel like nothing. That your nothing because you are different. That's why I prefer not to conform. Comformity sucks. I want to prove that the world is wrong. That different is better. And can be beautiful. That you can stay pure and still feel beautiful. You don't need a guy to tell you that you are. (Or a girl if you're a guy). Whatever, I think you get it. But I like the poem. And I feel bad for the character. I think that happens a lot now...Such a shame. It reminds me of a song by Krystal Meyers...Anyways, I'll stop rambling now. Good work. The poem was well written and the message was conveyed well also. Keep up the great work. ]
Love.Is.Free chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
woah...i love this poem. this so perfectly describes today's western culture.
Her Wishing Well chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Wow, i loved this ur truly amazing

"Turn our children into whores instead of dreamers

Who needs creativity when we can be sexy

Kisses taste better than poetry and originality"

When did creativity become something worhtless against the outside appearence? I loved this; its just kinda stunning really.