Reviews for Pretty Dreaming Things
Doctor Vile chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
Despite your hatchet-job review of my last piece and our apparent disagreements on spirituality, I hope we can find some concurrance on the fact that this was, a stray word or two aside, a very well-written piece of poetry that you should be very proud of indeed.

Your poem benefitted from several very evocative combinations of words and was pleasing to the rhythmatic mind. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately depending on the anarachism of your preference, it seemed, to quote Matthew Arnold, "wandering between two worlds, one dead, one powerless to be born." What I mean to say by this is that it lacked conviction to either abstract poetic style or literalistic conformity and seemed instead to mediate between the two, one stanza bringing a beauteous beginning of "She's sowing silk into her thighs" and the next giving us a rather blunt and simple "she grows thinner every day."

Anyway (abjectly pulling my head out of my backside for a second), congrats on a successful poem. I don't think you need me to extend the same advice to you as you gave to me, i.e. to keep writing, but I will say to keep reading Poe.
the Stranger in the moonlight chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
This was horrifyingly true and dark! Very deep and harsh and screaming of destruction, it was in sensational!

This stanza is going on my quotes:

"We will try to speak but our mouths are filled

With all the thoughts we thought were true"

Brilliant!

the Stranger in the moonlight
shookierewrites chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Your use of dark vs. light imagery in this piece really REALLY gives your poem a tone of innocence ever through all the chaos. I love what you've done here. Extraordinary work! Keep it up.

-Shookie
Definition chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
Breathtaking. Brilliant. Incredible. That's all I have to say.
remote strawberries chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
I love the way you write! While reading this, I get the feeling that you'll write about whatever the hell you want, and I love it! D
Her Wishing Well chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
Wow i loved this, especially the last line 'because overdose tastes better tomorrow' just kind of stops you for a minute. (which is a good thing)
SirScott chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
You must be one of the hardest working poets on fictionpress. Goods job impressive as always.

SirScott
M. Edmondson chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
I believe this girl is overdosing because she is doesn't like what society has become and how corrupt it is. By the second verse I believe that she is also self conscious about how she looks by line Brushing her hair with an acid laced comb really magnifies that. Any way your poem really moved me and it's probably going to go onto one of my favorites.
Nicola Heartache chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Wow, for the first poem I've ever read on this site, it's not just coincidental but spectacular, because I can relate to this. I mean, I no longer do drugs or starve myself, but not for lack in letting people believe I still do. My favorite stanza is "Eyes wide as if to terrorize - thoughts drifting into fantasy - where fays live and nothing dies - except the horrific mankind" - It's so beautiful!

Whatever else you may edit and change someday, don't let it be this. If there are any flaws, let them be; it adds to the overall sincerity of this poem. I love it!
Generation Dead chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
I liked it! awesome poem. great job.
Heroh chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Yeah this kinda describes how I feel right now.. I love how you ended it. Great Job with this poem!
Goodnight Nickname chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
youre definitely getting a favorite for this one. this is truly unbelieveable.