Reviews for The Coffin And Candlelight
Ioga chapter 2 . 7/6/2011
I'm back from my alternate history / exotic lands trek to catch up on a round of horror stories again. :)

This definitely felt like a voice from the past; I wondered for a while if I had mistakenly put another author's work under the Lithium and Lynch category.

A few nits: ch 1 "(Formerly a church)" would be better woven into the sentence, "began to jog forwards" was missing a period after (and probably 'forward'?), and "Suddenly lightening" - lightning.

The mood was nice, a bit otherwordly, and the alien ghost/monster/demon was cuuuute. (Nice balance for the rotting corpses oozing pus and hauling near-detached limbs after them!)

Thanks for this! I guess it's not _horribly_ likely to be finished after years of pause, but who knows! ;)
Not Human chapter 2 . 11/15/2007
I'm looking forward to more of this period Gothic-style horror you have going here. I think Helena's the right age for her behaviour. Please come back with more soon!
The Paranoia Kids chapter 2 . 11/15/2007
Nice chapter. I like the ghost boy already. Update soon.
tear-of-joy chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
wow that was grreaat i loved it!

I really do like dark stories those r always my favorite!

Check out mine but its not scary
The Paranoia Kids chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
Omg.

That was really nice. I actually felt my heart thumping faster and faster.

I hate you for that.

Hahah.

PLEASE REVIEW!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.
Not Human chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
The electricity makes it clear that we're in modern times, so don't worry about that. It's interesting that the family lives in a church! You might want to mention again the age of Helena, so we know how close she is to meeting her betrothed. I'd love to read more!
Omega Girlie chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
It's good. One of the best I've cross across on this site. Though most of your story flows well, there are the occasional awkward sentances that plague us all. Edit and the story will be great.