Reviews for Pretty in her Plague
Lady Fingers chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
As creepy as it may sound

this quote: "Pretty? No, nothing more then a jar of piss

to pour her plagues through."

went on my wall, i have a poem/quote wall

i thought of it as so cruel and sincere

that it struck me, i think the same way about someone i know

so, it went on my wall to shock the eyes of the few friends that i have that are born again christians.

haha
three.word.lies chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
makes me think.

love it.
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Wow, there is so much anger in this. Honest and almost cruel, no sympathy spared.

(I have to admit...I really like the word 'cunt'. I use it more often than is acceptable, it's so harsh and vulgar and yet, almost funny.)

I also liked 'listen to you take words and rape them/clumsily like a virgin'. Rape and virgin...you never think of a virgin committing rape. More vulgarity in this girl. She is pretty, yet it seems in an easy way that is repulsive. Never beautiful...simply pretty. I have met very few people that can't be considered pretty, dressed nicely, wearing makeup, smiling. Pretty is an easy thing to do.

And plague...these two things are so odd and interesting to relate. I've been rambling, and I still don't fully understand this poem. I'm going to have to think on it and come back.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
I like the reption.. and I love the ending.. great descriptions.. I really like the part about the words going from your earlobes to your earrings. etc.
AmorphousHeart chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Amazing beyond words.
like a lover chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
oh man, i MISSED your writing. i cant beleive i havent been on fp in this long. i love this poem, all of it. my attention was caught in the first two lines.

"Pretty? No, nothing more then a jar of piss/to pour her plagues through."

and you kept it til the end.
randompoetry chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Your writing is so awe inspiring, it makes me gasp a thousand times over and envious. I love how you can elaborate on things in such details, the language you use, the phrases you pick. You make me feel.
recycle rhymes chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
m there was some stunning imagery here. although i thought pretty was used too much...but i guess it just gets redundant after awhile. other than that, i thought the idea of the poem was interesting. nice work.
PCTavarez chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
beautiful...

i feel this in my fourth chakra...

i missed your poetry
Ashelin chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
I could almost resent your talant. But you are too talanted to be resented I think. This was quite beautiful, in a very horrible way. Not just the obvious disdain shown in it, but something in the things behind the words, like you are an illusionist and laughing as you make our eyes wide with the words so normal and over-used yet you put them amazingly in to place. I don't know how to describe it.

There was a certain part I adored:

"I listen to you take words and rape them

clumsily like a virgin would, a thousand

insults that dance across my ear lobes; down

my chandelier ear rings, across the scar on my neck;

underneath my breasts that flaunt your

unflattering flatness."

That is so brutally raw and beautiful. Just the image, just the words make my throat numb and my tongue itching for my own words I can't possibly describe like you could. All I can say is wonderful job. Again I am delighted.

There are so many things that I don't agree with that you say, but you say them in a way that I have to think about it. That is what I find wonerful about your writing. It's just amazing.
Her Wishing Well chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Theres a power struggle here and something revengeful and almost bitter. The language is harsh, raw and powerful and written in a way that cuts to core and kind of shocks you. I like how you repeat 'pretty' as if your stripping it down and showing its meaningless quite like the act between the two girls, its almost unfeeling as if the girl is showing the other she is worthless 'wasting of this poem'. Pretty damn amazing.
WaylanderX chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
I love the poem despite it underlying viciousness. Keep writing! God bless.
Doxology chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
you should be famous. (i love the last lines, they were my favorite)

Peace and Love