Reviews for Dangerous Game
theslykit chapter 2 . 3/20/2009
haha! this is the game from rosencrantz and guildenstern! :D liking it so far! _
I'm-The-Weird-Girl chapter 4 . 3/18/2009
hahaha lols

i lke this story its good

lols
Incurable Adoration chapter 13 . 3/4/2009
kYour idea is interesting, and your initial summary's cool, but the main character's relationship with Aleron wasn't built up enough fo me-there was no tension. She just sounds extremely naive throughout pretty much the entire story.

Her loving Aleron is a smack in the face for me. I didn't see how it fit-it was so sudden and not believable.

Also, Elizabeth could have been built up more as a character.
chasing givenchy chapter 13 . 2/27/2009
Hmm, I definitely liked how this one went, even though I'm left wondering if I'm over- or even under-analyzing it too much. It kept me swinging, wondering if he really was a demon, or an all-too-elaborate analogy. After they met Elizabeth, that was one question answered.

Right now, I'm not really sure of what I think. I thought the witty banter parts were hilarious and amazingly well-paced, and the writing style was really effective: with the clipped sentences and the minimal detail which really worked. Characterization was a love; thank GOD Regan was a normal and social (with an awesome addiction) and not some sullen, emo type, or extravagantly, ostentatiously ordinary either. I liked especially how she didn't bother with denial after Aleron left her flat for the first time.

On the other hand, the last two chapters were a bit of a downer. So far, it'd been spectacularly ordinary rom-com, from where it tilted steeply into fantasy, but the epilogue was not just like razor blades in candy floss ... it was flat. I understand that the tone is meant to change dramatically, like the life just got sucked out of the story, and it DID do just that, but it was sort of unconvincing. There's no coherent explanation why Regan would turn her back on the real world like that (unless it’s the "love conquereth all" explanation I've missed), or why Laura would be packed off to an asylum (though I'm beginning to see the logic of that one, so it's okay.) It's just the messy unreality of the last two chapters that tripped me up ... unless its "love conquereth all," of course.

But on the whole, really creatively well-crafted. I loved it, despite the all-pervading sense of HUH?
poppiesinoctober chapter 13 . 2/13/2009
haha.

that was definitely a good laugh.

i really liked it.

]
LeenaAmara chapter 13 . 1/24/2009
That was...interesting. Amusing. Not at all what I was expecting, but original. Not the most exciting either, but either way, good work.

~Leena
Allegra Lena chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Normally, the first chapter doesn't really draw me in as much as this one did. You did an excellent job, especially with its fairly short length. It's really got a great mood so far, and I love it already.
Cissy Sollers chapter 13 . 12/26/2008
O.o... Did she really go to hell? What was wrong with the hell she was already living in? Didn't that account for anything? You hurt it's feelings. Look, it's over there in the corner sobbing its eyes out. Poor figuratively-speaking hell. It got nothing out of her leaving. I think it had more fun when she was around.

I want a hell puppy. It would love me because I'm probably just as bad-ass as it would be. And it would wrek havoc and mayhem. I love it.

I loved the horrible obviousness of the story. It was great. There was no high expectation to see everything in the setting. There was no push to see what you see, or to hear what you hear. It was just good (good not meant to be taken literally) fun.

Most excellent.
wistful-ambtions chapter 13 . 12/18/2008
que? how did she end up in hell? did she have to go there if she was going to be with aleron or did she just choose to go there? i have so many questions! but not really it's only three...
xInkMusique chapter 13 . 10/19/2008
i liked it but it should have been longer
Penpaperaser chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
It's really very well-written and the way you build up the suspense is really good.
Anon chapter 3 . 9/12/2008
This is hilarious! I can't wait to read more!
Serena chapter 13 . 9/7/2008
Very confusing story. It was interesting to read and I guess I knew there was going to be something wrong but nothing was really explained. I don't get why she's down there, the curse, how games really lead her down there, etc. etc.
not done baking chapter 13 . 9/1/2008
I liked this. I really liked the characters and their interactions. It didn't leave me with the happiest of feelings at the end, mostly cause I could really see that the two characters were in love with each other. I felt like we didn't know Aleron all that well. His personality was there, but his history wasn't and with a character like him you kinda need to know his background.

You're a good writer and I really enjoyed the humor you put into the story. I think that's what really drew me into it.

Samantha