Reviews for Dear Freind
BeRightBack chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
its sad...

well written ;)
IdeasInTheAir chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
( It's very well written. Sometimes I think it would be easier if people understand death as more of an Absence of Presence rather than DEAD. That's how I see it, so that's why I didn't completley flip out when my Gramma died. I'll see her again, just not right now. It was a very sad plot, but kind of touching. Good job!
CaveDwellers chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
oh god. I think that the saddest part about this was that Renie didn't know what was going on, and even at the end, she still doesn't. That ignorance is partly the fault of her parents, and I must say, it was probably hard to decide not to tell her about it. When she's older, she'll probably look back on these letters with either a sad smile or anger. Or she may just never know.

In my personal opinion, I think that it's better in the long run to have told her, but I don't have kids, so I wouldn't know, I suppose.

It's just... I can imagine that happening, too. I can imagine a child acting like that, even though Renie is probably one of the more sheltered sorts. It sort of makes me sad. More so in juxaposition with the piece itself and just the innocent love and well wishes that she had and made for her friend. It sucks that things like this have to happen, it really does.

Anyway, it was a lovely, slightly depressing piece. Good work.

'Til next,

CD 1.0
Melodies of Life chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Aw, that was very good.
Ariel of Wonderland chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
*is currently tearing apart a box of Kleenex* This was *sniffle* great! It seems more like a five year old indeed. At seven, you start understanding the vague concept of death a little better. Brilliantly done. (I love the little mistakes here and there.) This was great! Keep writing! *Goes to get more tissues*
Murphy's Lawyer chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Aw... so sad. But still very good, as always.

- LL
LittleDoe chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
Oh, this is so sad and touching. Not the words themselves, but the meaning behind them all. The only other thing I have to say is, I think these letters would probably be written by a four or five year old. I have many brothers and sisters, and my then-seven-year-old sister understood very well what happened when our grandma died, while my then-five-year-old brother, didn't so well. He could have easily written these letters. You did a good job, though. Well done.