Reviews for When You Were Young
mmmmmmmm chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
the title grabbed me because i love that song by the killers. not so much for its quality as its nostalgic feel, which this poem also has, although it's a good song. and this is a good story.

i'd say most often you write about love, and even more often about love gone bad, so this is refreshing. children are frighteningly wise and also beautiful. the imagery is gripping and solid and for that, i have to say i like the last two stanzas much less. it gets kind of lofty and vague.
fairytale failure chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
You use so many beautiful images, thoughts and words in here - I love it. Especially...well, especially the whole thing! :P Actually, what stood out to me the most was 'you choked on your imagination.' I just love that. Waht can I say, it is sweet and cute and hopelessly nostalgic all at the same time. Beautiful.
Stella Grimshaw chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Beautiful.
JoyfullyStruggling chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
I love the words in this; they generate love and beauty.
Goodnight Nickname chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
I'm not sure if I can fully explain why, but this is so beautiful, that it honestly made me cry. It's so sad because it really made me realize that as I grow older, I also grow further away from my mom. Thank you so much for a magnificent piece of work.