Reviews for Foundation
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
You could turn this into a haiku.

This poem makes me think about how humans are constantly building and rebuilding something over. Our sciences for instance, try to explain the natural world by theories. When this theory doesn't work, it's revamped with something better. This obviously tells us knowledge is always changeable. It's pretty cool and I'm optimistic about our advances with technology, although there's always drawbacks to that.

I guess what you were aiming for in this piece was how human nature criticizes your way of living. Like, they size you up when they want something but when they've drunk enough they chop you down. They're users. Pretty simple, powerful, and the poem feels slightly longing for something more.

Good.
antigonelives chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
I didn't know that was called an ampersand! I always had to refer to it as an "and-symbol-thingy." Ah well, you learn something new each day!

As for the poem itself, it's short but effective. I wish you'd build on it, though, because you could cover so much more here. I wonder what the story behind this is.

-Cristina