Reviews for Brittany's Curse
TheDivineCreations chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
OMG! Are you kidding me? I dont have OCD to the point where i'd scream if it happened, I dont even think that a doctor would Diagnose me with it, but whoa, I do just what Brittany was doing while i'm walking sometimes! I've never heard of someone in fiction or otherwise doing exactly that where they walk in the tiles. I can usually snap myself out of it b/c I refuse to be controlled by anything that is just in my head. But wow, i'm probably babbling like an idiot but you dont know how cool that was when I read that.
Penance for her sins chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Well, I found this through ‘Pay it forward’, and am very glad because of it. You seem to cover all the proper bases concerning your writing you have excelled in areas such as punctuation, grammar, and overall style. Therefore, constructive criticism on my part is quite limited. Thanks for the great read, it was refreshing to read something so striking (regarding the story's subject matter). Congrats on writing this wonderful one-shot!
Blackeri chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
-hugs Blysse- I loved this. I caught the show about OCD on Tyra [Don' .Anything.] and I really felt humbled by all those people who had problems like that. It made me wonder how many people in my school were walking around masking it.

Thanks for such a great story on OCD and I loved the ending.
Dani P chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
great story. you're writing style is very good and i like how you ended the story with a catchy line. overall good job.
MetalCloud chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
Wow. Just...wow. I'm speechless, and trust me that is not a regular occurance. This is possibly one of the most interesting things I have ever read, and that's a really pathetic way to express what I'm trying to say. Anyway. This is actually quite a lot like the kind of thing I write. Thank you for such a brilliant read!
The Winking Peach Candle chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
Brittany reminded me a lot of my sister-she doesn't have OCD, but she sure is strange, love her for it though.

anyway, this story was written really well, you really pulled us into Brittany's strange mind, helped us to realize why she did the things she did.

i love how she managed to overcome her OCD in the end, wonderfuly done.

kudos

-From the Earthen Ground-
Samantha Marr chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Great ending, i really enjoyed it. Your style of writing is beautiful
diesoz chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
This was very interesting and I liked it a lot. There were a couple of grammar mistakes, but they were easily glossed over with the good flow of writing you had. Great job!
DarkPegasiKnight chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Wow...this just a really touching story. I remember that there was this one time where my and my friends were playing some kind of truth or dare game, when one of the questions asked was "What are you most scared of?" Mostly everyone answered something, "the dark" or "spiders", but then someone said, "Not being able to control my mind." Until now, I guess I've never realized what exactly she meant by that until now.

Wow, I have really nothing to give. This is a great story, and I think it's fantastic.
SoneAnna chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
Oh, that's a very, very, very lovely story, with a nice ending! Great job!
Fractured Illusion chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
I find it strange her parents did not at least want to tell the teachers. They need to know so they can teach her properly. Even the headmaster should recognize such a thing.

Aside from this, I thought it was well done. You captured her obsessive behaviour and her classmates, although only mentioned, acted believeably as school can be quite harsh to such "odd balls"

I have a suggestion about your summary. Skip the "My first attempt at a oneshot". It is really unnecessary. Write that inside the story. only use the summary to speak of what the story is about and nothing less nor more.

At times, I was teeny bit bored due to the fact that all your writing was aimed solely on her obsessive complusive disorder. I felt like I was missing out of her other characteristics. Her personality traits and such. I do understand it can be hard to add such a thing when you're already dealing with such a demanding feeling as her OCD. But it'd definitely flesh her out a bit more!

As for the ending: best part. Really, I liked how her disorder really shined through when he kept stalling, and she added the Is and such.

“I just wanted to know the name of the man who saved me from myself.”

Awesome line, and fitting way to end it.

Good job! Keep writing!
l3g3nd chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
the feeling of being an outcast and everyone sees you as a 'special' being, especially with those kind of eyes; the feelings are really bad and pity.

Sad case, and hopefully no more ppl will suffers the same fate in this realistic, cruel world.
Nemonus chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
A very fascinating description of OCD, from someone who obviously understands the feelings and compulsions. The prose is pretty good.

"And You win again, she thought miserably." Does this Y need to be capitalized?

Awesome story.
swgirl chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Very nice story, well written and realistic. I don't have personal experience with OCD but I am a mental health professional and see it fairly often at work.

Keep up the good work and good luck.
antigonelives chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Until now, I've never met anyone with the same issue as me - so you're an Adam on Fictionpress, too! While I struggled with what I now know is OCD all throughout my childhood, I never told anyone and only realised I had it a year ago. I still haven't told anyone of my compulsions. Thank you so much for this story! Hope-giving, it is.

-Cristina