Reviews for The Illusion of Roses
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
Beautifully worded story. It came off more poetic than anything. I love the title. It's so elegant.

Thanks for your review of my story "Consequences of a Happy Ending". I really appreciate it and it made me feel better to hear such kind words.

Twilight Starr
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
I agree with Circus in her review for "Chamomile Gray". Even though you use the same themes and style throughout many of these pieces, each one still manages to be different.

I think what it is about these vignettes is that they don't so much reinforce an idea so much as they paint a scene- your words being the brush strokes. So rather than becoming repetitive, your continuous use of similar themes instead helps strengthen your already unmistakable style, making your pieces as easily recognizable as any Monet.

And this was yet another delicious offering, making me wish I could only lay the picture still enough in mind for it to flow through my fingers and my eyes so I could lay it all down on canvas.

Much love, as always.
as beauty dies chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
The central focus of roses just adds to the atmosphere, it really does. I'm floored by the imagery and how eerie it is along with the dialogue; it's like a good ghost story, tragic and haunting.

It's disjointed in that sense. Because, deep down, it is a romantic piece. What with all the roses and all (and they are associated so lovingly with romance and passion); and I'm floored by this, really, because it makes it all the more beautiful to me while reading this.

I love:

[“Is this belonging?”

...

“You never knew that treachery.”]

Why? Because I think those lines just add to the poetic value of this piece. It just really, really makes its inpact loud and clear.

Lovely, lovely work.

- Noelle
Circus chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Wonderful. Your imagery is intense and fluid, and of course beautiful. Your characters are always so very interesting. Well done!
Princess Narcotic chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Gorgeous use of imagery. Really vivid and beautiful. I could picture everything in my mind. Very good work!