Reviews for Poem
Blak-Raven chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Very simple...but the idea of it I find very interesting and different

really cool... i like it

Mirabella chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
I like it!

I have never read this take on a poem before, and that in itself is kind of strange, as you would think there would be more like it...
FuckMeAlice chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
This was a really simple poem. I liked the structure and your format. Your use of italics and bold wasn't at all distracting, and your last four lines were really awe-inspiring, though they reminded me a little of Genesis' song 'I Can't Sing'. :)

Reviewed in the name of the Carny!

-Stardust.
Living in a fantasy chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
This is... confusing... lol. But nice anyway :)

Jasmin
FishCat chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
The last three lines are a good philosophy to have in writing.

You're very good at summing up what you feel in a small amount of words.
hamxham chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
cute and to the point - i like it
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
it's kinda cute:)
wolf-fairy chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Dude, this is awesome!
Midnight In Eden chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Two suggestions:

1. Instead of the bolding & italics, separate this out into stanzas. The formatting doesn't really do anything and separating this out into two or three stanzas would not only help the aesthetic but also the flow.

2. The second last line "All I have done is used a poem to pass on my feelings to others." can easily be cut up into three lines to help delay the climax and keep an even flow i.e. "All I have done/is used a poem to pass on/my feelings to others." or something of that ilk.

Otherwise, this is a simple poem about ... poetry that is interesting and well expressed. I don't think it needs to be much more than it is.

Midnight
Lime-Cat chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Freebie Review! D

I like the idea behind this poem. It's pretty cool (not to mention clever). Haha.

I also like how you incorporated the quote "a picture is worth a thousand words". It's also very true that a poem needs a handful of those 10 words...maybe even just a pinch.

You got me at the bolded sentence. I didn't really know what to make of it. Are your 'feelings' your opinion on poems? The two italicized lines of never having read or written a poem is contradictory...but i'm taking this poem in a complete literal sense. The simplicity of this poem makes it difficult for me to fully understand what you are trying to say in this poem - this is not a bad thing. I love poems that are open to interpretation. )

Good job!

lime
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Cute. By writing a poem you explain what a poem is. Clever. I like it.
Cirien Phoenix chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
You've never written another poem before this? For a first, this isn't bad. It's a bit odd how some lines seem to rhyme, then other's done. Like "M" and "read" sorta sound the same, but then in the next part the word "words" is only repeated.

Either way though, I've never actually seen anything on here written like this. I'm quite impressed. :D

Cirien Phoenix

P.S. Thanks for your review on "Sometimes I Dream at Night." Sorry it took me 2 months to return your review. College and work have made it EXTREMELY hard to get any time in. :P But I do appreciate your review and it certainly did feel good to be able to write again.
luv me like no other chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
nice, i like the message you tell.
Mosaic Stains chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
Creative and interesting... It has an unfeeling quality to it, but a capturing one since it's quite original and yet unoriginal. And what I mean by that is, it's a poem about a poem, and yet it isn't written the same way other poems are written, which captures my eye and interest.

M.S.
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Interesting. I'm not sure what to say, but great job in comunicating your point. Write on!

Anna _