Reviews for Lies and Disguise
DarkBlysse chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
I liked the ending, really. May I ask what the poem was about? I'm very curious to find out.
Stella Grimshaw chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
This completely catches everything that's happening in society today. I think out of all of your works this one spoke to me the most. The last lines totally end the poem perfectly. Amazing.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
I really enjoyed this poem; I think that we all put on somewhat of a false face sometimes (it's natural) weather to impress, or hide, or even dumb ones self down for the world.

One of my favorite parts in this was the stanza that started off with "Her disfigured shape" how you say that to society she is not and should not be beautiful, her features aren't in style, and are not womanly enough. That really says something to me. Femininity is not a look (I've never seen two woman look alike, unless they were sisters, but even then their opposing personalities always show some kind of difference between the two)

Also I loved the last stanza as well; this girl who's story you tell, being so connected with something and then spiting on it in the end, only to find that that connection was more then just worship, but also familiarity and in a lot of ways similarities. I feel like I might not be making sense (tragically it's very early where I am) but I really did enjoy this piece. There's maturity in your work now that I don't remember feeling the last time that I read something of yours. There's a feeling of revelation, of something being deeper behind the words and that is a mark of a true poet.

I appreciated your last review as well, as I appreciate all of your reviews, and keep up the good work, although I know that you will.

Much love,

Juliet.
SirScott chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Are the goddesses chicks who look like models? Anyway, good poem I suppose people are the same underneath the disguises that they wear.

SirScott
the Stranger in the moonlight chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
This is really brilliant! Really very exceptionally true.

I noticed one mistake though. "Under the ground their oh my so high heals tap upon" heals means to heal or fix injury, you meant "heels".

The last two stanzas they were brilliant so true and painful and scream-in-your-face amazing. On my favorites.

the Stranger in the moonlight
All Alone With Her Thoughts chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
I liked the ending, really tied things up together, in my opinion. Great poem, as always. Can relate.

Rowan.
Her Wishing Well chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Wow this was great i can relate a little cos everyone wants to be loved/liked/noticed - dont they - and sometimes it is for the wrong reasons. Though nothing really is original these days its constantly just re-used or updated. This was great it captured some of the real issues in conforming and non-corming. I love the language you used - great.
TylerB chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
If an artist's responsibility is to make a difference. Make people aware, help them to break out of their bubbles and realise the great tradies that are going on around us. Then I must say job well done (again)

The meaning is obvious, but not blatant. Which I like. The ending (which you were unsure about) does do well to tie the whole thing to together. Another great read.
HISTRIONICS chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
oh, wow.

this really captured how people are so unoriginal these days.

and if you look the least bit 'unique', in a way, you're looked down upon.

i really liked this.

i think the ending works fine.

but:

is the 'goddess she worshiped' a person in particular?

or just a phrase?

nevertheless, good job with this.

:DD