Reviews for The Gift
PencilSketchS chapter 4 . 3/19/2009
I don't really understand Faust at all in the end, but the ending was rather nice, unexpected as it was. Everything is just resolved. Abernethy still used very questionable methods and I don't like him much, but this new school might just be promising. It seems so at any rate. This was a fun read.
PencilSketchS chapter 3 . 3/19/2009
And now I think that Faust is crazy and not just a little reckless! What the heck is going on? And what is Thalia doing. But then I would also want to convince Faust to stop what he's doing, so I don't blame her for doubting him or his intentions.

Only the last chapter now. It's ending too soon!
PencilSketchS chapter 2 . 3/19/2009
I'm not surprised that Faust couldn't rememmber what had happened (I love the name, by the way) but it's still a bit of a shame. And I do not trust Abernethy, not at all. Of course he would say he has a good reason, but he just seems a bit too suspicious, what with that act he pulled with the chair, and that Faust is in so much pain when he's drained. Abernethy is probably just power hungry.

Once again this chapter was very descriptive and easy to read. I really like the way it's progressing and the sense of urgency caused by the fact Abernethy knows she was there and that her parents are coming to fetch her. I won't be surprised if Abernethy tries something to stop her from letting on what he's doing to Faust.

Also, Faust is a riot. He's rude and abrupt, but I can forgive him that in hope that he's really a decent guy beneath all those self preservation tactics. And the misunderstanding in the caff was hilarious. I don't know how Thalia didn't see that one coming. :) Will review the next chapter soon, cause I just like this story that much.
PencilSketchS chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
Firstly: I REALLY, REALLY LIKE THIS STORY. It's a lot of fun, like an alternate universe Harry Potter almost, while having it's own unique flavour. I don't like Harry, but I think Thalia is awesome!

Then, I have to say your imagary is really vivid and nicely done, it comes to life. This story so far is very easy to read and get lost in.

Shame, poor Thaila, her powers are probably just not what anyone expected them to be - not conventional, or something. I don't think she's as useless as she thinks.

I am very interested in this blue, glowy boy. He fascinates me. I'll read the next chapter soon then review again, and I will try and read some of your more recent work too.
Soggie chapter 4 . 2/14/2009
I loved this! Simply amazing.
Elodie Wolfe chapter 4 . 1/10/2009
I liked this. For one of your first stories, it's really good. Maybe later you might continue it? Well written, I can tell where you had some issues with words, but other then that very fun to read.

Elodie
bluetinkerbell chapter 4 . 1/2/2009
heheheh. I'm totally loving this. It might be illegal :D
Inea Sako chapter 4 . 12/22/2008
Shall there be a sequel? Twould be very nice
Sey chapter 4 . 7/9/2008
Well, the ending was really sweet. I liked it. Again, there were some typos, more so in this story than "Blood Bound". Good job, anyway.
Sey chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
A few typos here and some missing words there, other than that, the story looks fine. Again, I like your style of writing, it keeps me very tuned into the story. The part about the boy was mysterious but from the synopsis you've written, we could well guess he's the one with too much... or is he? Well, I'll have to see that in the next chapters. ]
January Skies chapter 4 . 10/29/2007
lol, funny. I like this story very much!
Luiniliel chapter 4 . 9/9/2007
What an absolutely lovely story. At first it didn't seem to make much sense, but I read more of it and instantly fell into the storyline. I love it. A perfect, short snippet ending in sweet mush.
Erisah Mae chapter 4 . 9/9/2007
Slightly confusing in a few parts, but overall a fun read... I loved the awkwardness of your characters, even though I was left a little unsure of everyone involved's motives and the full backstory of what happened to Faust would have been good to read, as opposed to a few scattered snippets...

Even so, Nice work!

Erisah
doodlebug19 chapter 4 . 8/26/2007
sudden change in Faust's character was a little hard to swallow, but i like it, keep going!
the high-five revolution chapter 4 . 7/28/2007
Wow! I am truly amazed with your writing. You have nice style! Great job! I'd love to see a continuation.