Reviews for the lucky ones
t-t-t-ouch chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
I definitely like the last two stanzas the best,

but you had me right from the beginning.

great, great job.
Squidy chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Wow. You have a really, really unique style. I really enjoyed the imagery, but my favorite lines were "all these strangers/your best friends". Actually, that whole stanza was amazing. Awesome.
Durandel chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
Very... unique, I mean, wow, deep and meaningful, good job.
this is britt chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
I love it. I feel myself in it. It's great, it's amazing, I'm favoriting it.
TylerB chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
This is one my favorites that you've written. Such lush descriptions. Using actually locations is a nice little personal touch as well. I really enjoyed this one.
A. Harrison chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
This is really good. It almost sounds like a little story condensed into a poem. The imagery was very well used and I really enjoyed this. Keep up the good work!
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Good poem.

Good luck with poetry and life.

Have a wonderful day. :)

Twilight Starr
TheDJ chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
I liked the imagery, but like the other reviewers I'm having trouble linking it with a concrete topic... help please! i liked the poem, and am putting it on my faves. good job with the images. -TheDJ
hey maria chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
"if we had some water/everything would be better" I completely agree.

Nice work.
afterthefall chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
Definitely interesting/unique imagery there. It was a good read, but the message seems to have eluded me. Then again I tend to miss semi obvious clues on ocassion.
HenneyBuggyBand chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
ohh i lvoe the first stanza. actualyl i love all of it. it feels like a night to remember.
WriterofRights chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
You use very expressive, colorful turns of phrase and it's definitely enhances your poem. Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly of your main point...sorry, I get easily confused. Is it on the strange mystique of the city? I did like these lines:

concrete asphalt jungle sand

cold on feet, hard on hands

Very cool...
xfail chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
This is quite interesting. I like the imagery you used; it's very effective. Good job on it!