Reviews for Pretend
DreamlessInfinity chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Have you ever head the song Imaginary by Evanescence? This reminds me of it, faintly in the beginning when you mention ‘her paper world’.

I love the imagery you’ve presented. Truly an illusionist with your poetry.

Stephenie Meyer is a wonderful author… have you read her new book Eclipse? Deviant Art has always been inspiring to me as well.

I hope you continue to write! I would love to see your recent work!

Dreamless
i'd delete this if possible chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Stephenie meyer and deviantart, huh? Sounds like a good combo to me. :) For some reason the whole mentioning of the name 'Amedeo' reminds me of Anne Rice's Armand and the painter Marius- their angels and demons, remember? I'm not sure if that's what you were thinking, but it's what it reminded me of. I love the idea of her sketching her own heartbreak. "Simple and elegant and maybe not extraordinary, but she knows every shade of gray with only one pencil. She knows how to make them beautiful." And the words are beautiful, too. :) I've always had the idea that art seems somehow easier than writing. Even though I cannot draw well or paint, it's always seemed that those art forms would be... well... I suppose you could pin the vision down easier, is what I'm trying to get at. Which probably makes zero sense, right? *laughs* Anyway, I really like this poem.
Kindre Turnany chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
I loved this. I got a bit confused at "Amongst paintings and sketches is only sweet release" though.