Reviews for Cliché Angst in Sugar Rolls
Catalan chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Love it! This poem is so honest, so sarcastic, and so humorous all at the same time. "Darling, you're cliche'" made me laugh. Haven't we all know someone like that? As usual you have an unerring eye for human nature and state your observations most appropriately: through pathos, wit, charm, humor, or a combination of all the above. Wonderful poem. Keep writing.

Cat'
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
"She conjures the demons in masquerades/Inside her decaying sugar rolled mind."

haha i have to admit, that is probably the best i have ever heard that concept worded. :)

you switch back and forth from 'she' and 'you'

(even if the 'you' is in parentheses). that is sort of not great, but i still very much like the final product.

nice job. -ty.
Definition chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Oh my gosh...*favs*

Just...wow. This is so different from what you usually write. But it's AMAZING - powerful, intense, bittersweet. Word use - excellent. Very well done.
continuous brevity chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
i LOVE this piece. everything from your word choice to imagery to the format was amazing. great work!
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
I love this. Its so cold and brutal, and the girl you're talking about seems so disgustingly sweet. Your word choice here is flawless and this is most definitely one of my favorite pieces of yours. Excellent, excellent work! I'm adding this to my favorites.
tearing hands chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
I loved "She has her (pretty) mask/ So well fixed with laces and frills,/ Porcelain cracks here and there." In places it seemed like maybe it could flow a little better, but other than that I really liked it.
FrEnChMaN chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
Hey,

Cheer up bout' that whoever you hate.. She's not worth your time to hate :)

Cheers!