Reviews for Letters to Maine
allancaldera chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Awww it was sweet I really like story was so sweet and my favorite part was the last one when Trent describe the Cicadas sound and taking the hand of make such a cute couple :) lovely.
nffhkasjfnbsdkjb chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
This was oh so sweet

JHeartbreak kept telling me how much I would love it, and I do.

I think you've captured the essence of something between these two, and their misunderstanding is so true, and the atmosphere so touchable and real.

Great job. I intend to read lots of your stories!

Suki .
JHeartbreak chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I came back to reread this story, and it's even better the second time. There's something very Edenic about it. The first scene is set in some green natural place, and most of the later scenes are set doing yard work. I'm not sure how to reconcile that to the feelings of melancholy and wistfulness that predominate until Henry's return, but it's palpably there.

It also occurs to me that this story is set very much on the cusp of adulthood. It has Trent getting his first job, getting his first bank account, and dealing with the troubles of growing up. Not to say it's a 'coming of age' story; I think it is more like a 'thresh hold' story.

This story is just so endlessly rewarding. I feel like I could read it again and again.
lost in pale blue chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I love this to itty bitty pieces! I want to tell you everything I love specifically, but I'd just quote the whole fic back to you :D They have an awesome relationship for being so young, and what Henry says to Trent about being his best friend and boyfriend, as well as his family, just gave me the warm fuzzies!
PhaithMcCoy chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
Xanthie, this was freakin' sweet. Like, aw, how sweet, not Sweet, dude-sweet. ya know? Anyway, this was, as per usual, amazing and fawesome.
AkikoEtsuchou chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Ohaw, the ending was so cute! And the two of them are great together. When Henry blew up at Trent, I was like, wait, what? And then it was all good, yay!
Switch chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Hey, I just wanted to let you know this story has been added to the C2 Community, "High School Confidential," a place just for slashy high school stories. Please check it out! _
writethisdown chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
I really enjoyed this story. Also, the afternote...I've been listening to Against Me! for over five years now, and they are still one of my favorites. You should definitely write some punk-infused stories. Looking forward to more stories, at any rate!
Maris. S chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Rather long one shot, but who am I to complain? lol Loved it of course~ As I usually do your work. I thought that it was rather sweet though. Henry is...special, but I love him anyways lol He just got the usual 'assume anything' moment that we usually all get (in regaurds of him thinking Trent was hiding something 'major' from him) Silly boy~ But I enjoyed this story )
magalina chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
AWW! I was sure this was going to have a sad ending... really cute, loved it :D
AppLEaves chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
D: Not only is my pillow dirty, it's stinky now. . I really don't like this sadistic side of yours.

P.S I'm saving up for that book of yours. Wooh.
My Chemical Music Box chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
This was really good! I liked how neither Henry or Trent were stereotypical or anything because there is too much stereotypical stuff out there and this is a nice reprieve!

I really liked it!
Mya chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
*nudges* Sweetness, I learned a lesson from Henry...when you're about to get beat up, just compliment the person
Naomi Schemer chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
Oh, those pesky teenaged boys, not being eloquent and not understanding each other and such. Very cute. Over all, nice plot, nice characters, good story. I think this shall be deemed "The Summer Story of Summer 2007" by me.
nonaccount chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
I saw Defying Gravity a couple years ago, it's no Beautiful Thing (but what is?) but it was still ok.

Really sweet and mellow one-shot. I kept expecting the letters to soon turn into "Dear John" letters so I'm glad they didn't. Poor Trent I guess he was trying so hard to not let his "surprise" slip that he forgot to include the all-important word, "love" in his letter to his boyfriend 'cause obviously that's the turning point where things start to go south.

The second to last line is my favorite in the way it conveys the easy gentleness of a long-term couple, "[e]ven still, a hand absently drifted out towards mine . . ." I love the tenderness.