Reviews for Tea With Cinnamon and Vanilla
Adrienne Jones chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Wow. I wish this was a published monologue so I could use it for n audition. You have some serious skills!
FreakierThanThou chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Aww. That was really good, I like the reoccuring themes of tea and rain. "She always said that you should never drink tea alone." I also like the mystery of it, how Rupert never says who "she" is: what her name is, how he knew her, ect. I like how, in memory of this person, he was drinking tea, alone, even though he didn't like tea and had only ever drank it for her.

Since this was written for a class, I can understand why it's so short. Still, I think that you might like to expand it a little, make it a little longer. It's good the way it is, but I think you can do more, if you choose to. If not, it's a great standalone piece.

Keep writing,

-Freak
lymli chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
as if he tries to evade the pain 'cause of losing "her", the monologue sounds sad but ironic at the same time. it's really an interesting play.
Livi Only chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
You've created an excellent sense of true grief. It's a bit short, but entertaining.

Livi
Phoenix-ofthe-Goldenrose chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Oh. So sad...and yet quite lovely. My school has One-Acts every year, and between each play there's a monologue...this just kind of reminded me of that...because I think this is the kind of thing someone would do for a monologue...it's really beautiful.
multiples of six chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
This is just.. perfect. Tragic & beautiful.
Thenardier chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
I love this. I love the bittersweet tinge added to this play. I love the fact that very little is explicitly stated, yet you get to feel very connected to Rupert.

This is an excellent piece.