Reviews for Myriad of Rose
The Dark Squire chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I am sorry to bother you, but I have some issues with your story I would like to discuss with you. You see, my friends story is highly similar to yours in a way that cannot be accidental and has been accused of plagerism. He's very upset about it, and might be taken off the website he writes for. Looking into it, me and him found that his story was written before yours. So as you can guess I'm very upset about this, seeing as you are the plagerizer and not him. If you could, would you email my friends accuser and tell them this. Also, if you cannot make your own work then please do not copy others. If you are continuely doing this, I ask you to stop. I will not report you to fanficiton this time, but if I find you do this again I will not hesitate. Please take it down soon.
Ioga chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
SPOILER WARNING.

This was an interesting experiment. After reading Twain I ended up interpreting it as LR being a nayad who lures the resident rich spoiled kid into the stream with her, and instead of just drowning him she cuts his throat while at it, then holds his hand in hers in her true, rather cold form at the bottom of the lake until the life's gone out of him. It's kind of cute, really, I toyed with similar settings with my sibling account on (Ode to rogue 1 and 2 both, actually).

I partially have to agree with an earlier reviewer that it's somewhat confusing that we listen to him thinking that "only Lily Rose would fulfill his hunger", yet he doesn't know her name until the middle. I think this stands out particularly since his name isn't mentioned, so as a reader you get the feeling that you're inside the guy's head and therefore not privy to the full knowledge of the All-Knowing Narrator (TM), who is the true third person that sees inside everyone's head.

Other than that, you've managed to build a dreamy, slightly old-fashioned mood to the stories with the simplicity of the victim and the intense focus on the girl and his feelings for her. :)

Minor nitpicks: "He was all to happy" - too.

Thanks for this!
invisible black sheep chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
I like the dark feeling to it... regular romances (the lovey dovey ones) aren't interesting. This one has character; enough to make up your own name for the boy. :) Definetly a favorite.
im.a.werewolf.rawr chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Great story. I was curious though: How old is the guy supposed to me? That's part of the mystery of the story, I guess...
Kristina Suko chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Wierd. And rather romantic. I absolutely loved the way he kept saying he was selfish, etc. His character was really well portrayed. Perhaps a bit more description, though?

You know what's crazy? I wrote a horror, and the woman's name is Lily Rose. (The story's called Lily Payne) I just thought that was interesting.

Anywho. I really liked this! It was interesting, captivating, and I want to know why there was blood in the water.

Maranwe Telrunya
Salkiethia chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Well, I have a few notes to make. Firstly, this guy doesn't even know her name is Lily Rose until she tells him, so it hardly makes sense in the reader's mind to already know that's her name. Second, the repetition of his love for her and her name made it seem like unformatted poetry (which is fine). Last, how did she die? I didn't pick up on that, though I'm pretty sure I read it carefully.
Benjamin Gainsborough chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
I liked it. Though the ending got me. :) Very nice work!
Not Human chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
I thought I should tell you how I interpreted it, in a way; at first, it seems that the voice is of a man, someone Lily's age or older, a sociopath who takes what he wants. Then I thought that the simple, bright language he uses might make him more a romantic, albeit a twisted romantic, than a sociopath. And then, as Lily leads him around the fair, it seemed to me - in a shocking possibility - that he was a child, observing a beautiful lady who plays with him all day, and then kills him (and possibly herself) at the end. Of course, it's more likely that he is a twisted, sociopathic romantic, but I like my interpretation too. What do you think of it?
Willow I. S. Hart chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
This story was absolutely beautiful. The imagery was amazing and the characters were great and believable. I loved how you made the guy totally in love, but with that spoiled little twist to him.

*adds story to favorite stories list*

I loved it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

WISH

PS- Oh, you might want to set you stories up for anonymous reviews. Just letting you know. Sorry if you kept anonymous reviews off on purpose. Thanks again!