Reviews for A Brooding Infinity
The Dark Squire chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Sorry to bother you but I have some issues with your story I would like to discuss with you. You see, my friends story is highly similar to yours in a way that cannot be accidental and has been accused of plagerism. He's very upset about it, and might be taken off the website he writes for. Looking into it, me and him found that his story was written before yours. So as you can guess I'm very upset about this, seeing as you are the plagerizer and not him. If you could, would you email my friends accuser and tell them this. Also, if you cannot make your own work then please do not copy others. If you are continuely doing this, I ask you to stop. I will not report you to fanficiton this time, but if I find you do this again I will. Please take it down.
Ioga chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Heh, unlike some of the earlier reviewers I definitely liked this one more than the Myriad of Rose. I find the story horribly sad, and it touched me more than the love story. It may be partially because I'm a parent, and at the first reference of him being a child it just becomes Plan And Obvious (TM) that without some supernatural possession he can't be evil. It's just not physically possible. That's how magical maternal hormones are. (Well, in my head adults are in this sense just big children too, but they definitely have had more time by then to get so deeply messed up that they could be described as behaving downright evil at times. X-))

While you're portraying him as someone who is capable of something nasty in the future, the story also carries enough support for the angle that he is really a suffering creature, the victim, made the way he is through not knowing parental love and having a few select parts of his brain not function the way they do on us average people. Really, the combination of everyone just buying your good behaviour and the nearby adults all rejecting you seems to be the recipe for success for generating messed-up and suffering people.

The ending of this one kind of messes up my understanding of the Myriad of Rose - mostly the "to become his conscience" part, since there didn't seem to be any indication of her acting as such in the latter story. Maybe there's something that wants to go between these stories, hmm? A third short story, maybe? :)

Minor nitpicks: "He would never reach an old age, and (...) none of them cared." Here, the 'them' isn't referring to anything in particular; there was mostly "nobodies" in the previous chapter. This and the next paragraph could either use 'nobody' or such generics, or replace the none-of-them here with e.g. "none of the people around him".

If you're interested in mental dysfunctions in children, by the way, Torey Hayden has written some really sweet and experience-based books about dealing with disturbed children, particularly ones who are not speaking even though they physcially can.

Thanks for this!
invisible black sheep chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
I like it :). Not as much as I liked Myriad of Rose, but it was really good.
im.a.werewolf.rawr chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
I liked the first one better, but this is good as a little peek into the guy's mind.
Aureate Fading chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
You've no idea how happy I am to hear you are going to continue this! Wonderful description of the character's behavior and mind- ] I'm excited to see how this will be continued!

Good luck with this. (Lady puts A Brooding Infinity on Alert list and waits anxiously)

Lady of the Mirror
Kristina Suko chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
The sentence that he couldn't give anything to those he loved doesn't quite fit with the rest of his character in that it seems he wouldn't really love anyone, since he's rather selfish. And a little mental. He seems to be solely focused on himself, in an unhealthy crazy way, so to put in that he actually could love took a little from his darkness.

Otherwise, it's interesting. Not quite horror, just... dark. Not really angst, but kind of a prequel to horrific things.

Maranwe Telrunya
Salkiethia chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Well, it probably belongs before Myriad Rose in sequence of reading. I'm not sure how he can hate everybody and still have people he loves... Just a paradox, I guess. It still doesn't have the 'horror' feel to it. Just more of angsty undertones.

You'll hit on the right mindset for horror one of these days though, and I think you'll be good at writing it. Anyone who likes to analyze the human psyche would qualify for good horror writing.