Reviews for Graduation Day
ADD1CTED chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Wow, amazingly done. That would be me in 3 years time. Yeah, a "long time" from now, but you'd be suprised at how much time goes by. Anyway, I loved it, coming from a future graduate of class 2013-14 :)
fariswheel chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
very emotional, i love it
Damson Rhee chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Wow, it's like you wrote exactly what I'm feeling now as a senior. I still have a few months left, but now the year's winding down. Really good piece!
Gene chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Truly inspiring!
your harbor chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
This is really good and written very well. Good job! I never graduated from high school either; I'm a junior now.
sleepiedreamer chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
oh god, I did it again, I clicked review on the bttom forgetting it was opened and lost my review again.

I was saying how we have so much in common. My cap and gown is blue too. My friend played in the band for graduation, so she saw what color our school is. I've been stuck with blue gowns my whole life. I definately understand what you wrote, I think the same thing too. And now, I am so nervous about the graduation, even if it's far from now, because my school is huge, so that means there would be alot of people at the graduation. That's going to be way too much attention for me to handle. And omg... if we stand next to each other by alphabetical order. Then I wouldn't know anyone near me, because I seen those kids from when we take the regents.

Also, I didn't like middle school that much either. In fact, I practically despised 't the best years of my life, but then hey I surived. xD. I wonder those questions that you think all the time too. Where my closest friends would probably end up going away, or would we ever be that close again? And the boyfriend question! hahas! Well, we'll get through senior together xD. Quoted from High School Musical, "We're All In This Together" ;D So you want to go to college in Michigan?

P.S. Are those your real friends names? (Just curious.)
turtle24 chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Reminds me of when I graduated high school. Great job, I especially like the end:

"It’s almost time. The moment is almost here.

The ushers whisper for Danny and me to go, giving us little pushes on the back. We start to walk slowly, basking in the glory, grinning in the flashing camera lights, carefully avoiding our parents’ eyes. We are independent now. We are free. We are almost college freshmen. We have the entire future ahead of us.

No one can stop us now."

You really built up the tension and then released it - giving the reader a hopeful, "yes, this is it" sort of vibe. I really like that, it's hard to do.

Great job with this!
akb-inactive chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
I was hesitant in reading this because I'm a senior too, and I totally know I will cry in my graduation - but after reading this, I don't know, it made me think of graduation in a better light. :)

But I know I'm still going to cry. :)
mia5081 chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Well, considering that I'll be a senior year and haven't graduated yet (c'mon May 31st! lol) I think this is what it would be like. I like the tone as well of the piece...omg, I've definitely been criticizing and editing too much lately...I guess this is what happens when you intern at a publishing house...my brain hurts ( lol

Mia
givelifeyurall chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
this made my heart beat fast cuz i'll be leaving too in a year, i love it so much cuz almost anyone can relate to these feelings. i'm going to michigan too after my 2 years in jc is over
hellolonely chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
This was written well. I assume it would be like that- I still have four years! xD But it sounds great :) Much luck for your start of senior year! yay! :]
Sally Can Wait chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Gaack! No more high school! xD

I really liked this, actually. It had a strong sense of empowerment-despite-the-cynacism-of-others. Which I liked. A lot. It reminded me of this part of a book that I just read that I really, really thought was spectacular. I'd try to remember it but I wouldn't get it right and I wouldn't do it justice. xD So I'll send it to you sometime when I have the book handy.

Good luck in your senior year this year. :O Seeing as how this piece will be true for you in the next 179 days, give or take a few weeks.

:Dkthnxbye.
jekodama chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Pretty. Made me remember my graduation ceremony, although mine had much more drama, LOL!
Antiquary chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Speaking from experience, I can tell you that it is kind of like that. You look back on your friends and wonder at how far you've come, how much you've all changed. It's tough when you realize you're not going to be with them anymore-and then you tell yourself you have all summer for your goodbyes. You're just relieved and overwhelmed and, in my case, REALLY GLAD to be graduating. You captured it very well, especially considering that you haven't graduated yet.

Nice one!
Venus Smurf1 chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Sweet piece, and very nicely written. I adore you!