Reviews for music box
Needa S chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Not only is it beautiful but it is an excellent write.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
I love the line "your chromatic smile" and the clock metaphor was awesome
glimpses from an ivory tower chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
It is beyond me how I have you on my author alert list, yet I never reviewed you back. Sorry this is so long in coming.

"your chromatic smile"

Such marvelous imagery. I love the metaphor of ever-playing music box and endless devotion.

"while whispers of

my melody (endless repeat)

travels through the passage of time."

A beautiful ending.
plummet chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
This is simply beautiful...A wonderful comparison. Your ideas are endless.
jojoba-music-girl chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Wow, this was really amazing! I just love, love, love this! If I had a favourite-of-my-favourites-list, I'd definetely put this poem in there. Unfortunately, that doesn't excist, so you'd have to do with just my normal-favourite-list ;-) Write on, I'll check it out!
whispered something profound chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
i love the way you connect saying i love you to music. this has a lot of nice imagery. thank you for reviewing my poem!
arcane devices chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
it sure has been a while. in my eyes, your poetry has become much more poignant, concise and subtle. i enjoyed this piece. hope to see you update soon. - a.d.
Charity F chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
I. LOVE. IT.
Chidori Nadare chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
So spiritual and beautiful but silent at the same time. I love the association with music. It's just so wow...so pretty.

-C.N
Aquafied chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
i have never heard something so silent, so well.
The Postscript chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Really wonderful. I especially like the imagery assosiated with "chromatic smile" and the other ways in which you incorporate music terms into the body of the poem, sometimes in an abstract way. "to the beat/of a steady clock" has the possibility of a variety of interpretation, such as your music somehow, in an abstract way, makes the clock tick to its beat or vice versa. It really sets up a great lead and flow to the end, in which you mention this idea of an eternal song . . . one which never really ends.

I also find it interesting you pair "lightly" and "passion" together because one normally thinks of passion as this excessive love for something, while that excessiveness seperates "passion" from merely liking something. If you have a passion, you devulge your soul into it.

But I think that well summarizes this poem - light on the surface with real soul and heart deep within. Keep writing, k.
heresyisforlosers chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
another beautiful poem. )

sunny
The-Supervisor chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
I agree the wording in this one is really well done. I enjoyed these lines the most:

a statement of your devotion

to the chorus of your emotion

They seem to incorporate the emotion the best into the music theme.

Definitely my favourite among your recent work _
Nick Weisman chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
this is beautifully worded. absolutely astounding. i love the words you use, how you use them and just the wonderful picture you paint with them. wonderful
Ashelin chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Ah, I so love references to music in poetry. There was something undeniably pretty in this, not sure how to describe it. The words kind of flowered. Good job.